PDA

View Full Version : Animated Spaceballs

pb4ou
9/22/2006, 12:02 PM
Dark Helmet Returns, heh.

Mel Brooks' `Spaceballs' Gets Animated
Thursday September 21 3:51 PM ET

Mel Brooks, whose comedy hits include "The Producers" and "Blazing Saddles," is bringing his sci-fi spoof "Spaceballs" to television in cartoon form.

"Spaceballs: The Animated Series" will air on the G4 television network beginning next fall, it was announced Wednesday.

The 1987 film, which starred Brooks, Rick Moranis and John Candy, parodied "Star Wars" and other sci-fi movies. The new animated version will poke fun at blockbuster movies, reality TV, politics and pop culture.

Brooks, 80, will write the pilot episode and voice two of the show's characters.

"Spaceballs: The Animated Series" is the result of a partnership among the G4 network, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Brooksfilms Ltd. and Berliner Film Companie GmbH.

Widescreen
9/22/2006, 12:04 PM
Spaceballs the movie was the succ. Brooks' older movies (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, even High Anxiety) were way better. I doubt I'll ever watch this animated stuff.

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 12:09 PM
What if it's better on the Widescreen?

Pricetag
9/22/2006, 12:18 PM
Dang, so is this what all the buzz was about? I was hoping it was going to be a new movie, ripping on the prequel trilogy.

Widescreen
9/22/2006, 12:21 PM
What if it's better on the Widescreen?
It isn't. I saw it in the theaters. Sucked!

Oh, and....Heh.

crawfish
9/22/2006, 12:31 PM
Spaceballs isn't nearly as good as Brooks' older stuff, but it still has its moments. Lots and lots of quotable lines. Rick Moranis was an inspired choice for Dark Helmet.

It's just not as consistent as his better movies.

GottaHavePride
9/22/2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Spaceballs was pockets of hilarity surrounded by long stretches of idiocy. And not the good kind of idiocy.