PDA

View Full Version : Sick Days...

soonerhubs
9/22/2006, 10:41 AM
Okay, now I'm all for using sick days primarily to goof off and take a drive up to the mountains, but occasionally I get a cold or some virus. For the sake of my fellow workers and their families at home I go home and quarantine myself for a couple days.

For that I get flack from my boss, who's philosophy is to "tough it out" at work. She all but forces some folks to stay at work if they are coming down with the flu, and it happened again last week with my boss and a coworker.

Now I've caught the coworker's cold. Any suggestions on how to help Karma go full circle here?:pop:

crawfish
9/22/2006, 10:53 AM
Ebola. Kill off everyone in the office. THAT'LL show her.

crawfish
9/22/2006, 10:55 AM
On another note entirely...

Telecommuting has pretty much eliminated the need for sick days around our office. You've gotta be pretty sick or injured to not be able to drag yourself into another room of your house. Of course, it makes it harder to claim a sick day and sneak away. :)

Hatfield
9/22/2006, 10:56 AM
only blow your nose in your boss' office.

cough on said boss

discard used kleenex in boss' trash

pb4ou
9/22/2006, 10:57 AM
Get your boss a nice salad.

With packaged spinach

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8572/spinachkz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:D YWIA

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 11:00 AM
Cough on his/hers coffee cup...

BTW...that is considered assault I think.

9/22/2006, 11:08 AM
I think the discrete distribution of body fluids is way underrated.

NormanPride
9/22/2006, 11:11 AM
Cough on the keyboard while she's not there. Then on the phone, then on anything else that she might touch.

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 11:12 AM
I give 8 paid sick days a year. When one of the staff members got a cold but had no paid sick days left, I explained that she was free to go home but I wasnt going to pay her for it. For that she punished me by stuffing cotton rolls from the operatory in her nose all day. :D

soonerhubs
9/22/2006, 11:20 AM
I'll make it a point to come to work coughing around her (the boss) all day today. Funny thing, I think one of the other managers is coming down with a cold.

One down, one to go.

yermom
9/22/2006, 03:07 PM
sick...days...?

Newbomb Turk
9/22/2006, 03:20 PM
I wish I would have taken more sick days. I just gave all of mine up when I changed jobs. Got paid for my vacation, but not the sick time.

Petro-Sooner
9/22/2006, 03:24 PM
Do what Ellane from Sienfeld did. Cough on her door knob and rub your butt on her keyboard. YWIA

BajaOklahoma
9/22/2006, 07:14 PM
Since handwashing the first defense against germs, don't wash your hands after you cough and just before you have to go to her office. Door knobs are a prime candidate to touch, as are phones, pens, etc.

And, FWIW, I don't send kids home from school when they have a cold unless they are running a temp.

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 07:51 PM
So when you go into her office you should touch both door knobs ask her to borrow her phone and then pretend that you need to use her pen to write down a number?

sanantoniosooner
9/22/2006, 09:03 PM
urinate in the coffee machine.

They wont get sick until after the video footage becomes available though.