PDA

View Full Version : referee in Oklahoma game will referee Saturday's USC-Arizona

Sooner_Havok
9/22/2006, 12:57 AM
Looks like the pac-10 may want to prove something to people with the last name of Stoops :mad:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2597908)

Not taking any chances are they? Insurance in case Mikey actually keeps the game close is my best bet :D

badger
9/22/2006, 01:00 AM
Past situations show that refs who blow obvious calls (and then have to stand firm so they don't lose control of the game) will make a counter-call to even things out later on.

Perhaps giving the younger Stoops a few breaks will make things right in this ref's mind?

Blue
9/22/2006, 01:02 AM
Mike Stoops is gonna need Devine Intervention in this one.

william_brasky
9/22/2006, 01:02 AM
so awesome.

Punishment is most effective when immediately applied.

Pac-10 effs up again, and I'm not surprised.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 01:07 AM
as anemic as arizona's offense is, i dont think the officials will decide this one

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2006, 01:11 AM
Looks like the pac-10 may want to prove something to people with the last name of Stoops :mad:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2597908)

Not taking any chances are they? Insurance in case Mikey actually keeps the game close is my best bet :D
You beat me to it.

Desert Sapper
9/22/2006, 01:15 AM
as anemic as arizona's offense is, i dont think the officials will decide this one

Yeah, I'm not even really sure Arizona has an offense. I think USC's defense will be teeing off on poor Willie Tuitama, just like LSU did.

Sooner_Havok
9/22/2006, 01:16 AM
You beat me to it.

At 1 am in Bizzell there isn't much to do but look at espn and soonerfans...;)

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2006, 01:20 AM
I heard it on the radio a little while ago and was looking for a link. I never found one.

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 01:21 AM

That and vacuum. :D

SleestakSooner
9/22/2006, 01:25 AM
That and vacuum. :D

...in the buff :eek:

SoonerJason
9/22/2006, 01:40 AM
Hopefully Mike will give them a earfull or two..

BTW.. My brother sends his regards and shows them the finger.

TrophyCollector
9/22/2006, 01:44 AM
Good God, the PAC 10 has so rigged college football. We might as well get out the steel chairs and start running plays called "sleeper hold off the top rope".

http://www.areavoices.com/wrestling/images/thumbnail/ricflair.jpg

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Octavian
9/22/2006, 02:08 AM
wow.

Each new day brings another embarrassing piece of Pac 10 information...

Up next for tomorrow: the Pac 10 discovers they were actually fired years ago...but due to a glitch in payroll, they somehow kept receiving checks...

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5254/miltonlooksit7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pathetic.

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 02:14 AM
...in the buff :eek:

I guess no one got that I thought Bizzell = Bissell...

www.bissell.com

Sooner_Havok
9/22/2006, 02:23 AM
I guess no one got that I thought Bizzell = Bissell...

www.bissell.com

I wondered where you were going with that one :)

william_brasky
9/22/2006, 04:28 AM
It just blows my mind that the Pac-10 would #1) allow those bozos to referee the Saturday after the debacle and #2) have them officiate brother Mike's game.

Holy chit.

Do they simply do this for the drama/ratings, or are they just that effin' dense in the head?

QuackTastic
9/22/2006, 04:52 AM
Read the rest...

He will be suspended, there just isn't enough refs to go around this weekend.

I beleive he's suspended for the ASU-Ore game so now we're screwed...

daMentor
9/22/2006, 04:55 AM
Ok, so wait wait... they're suspended.. but.. not so much suspended. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK HERE. The Pac-10 is SO full of **** it's not even funny. I said before we should play Washington just so we could kick the hell out of them in 2008, but now I'm thinking the hell with the Pac-10 in general.

QuackTastic
9/22/2006, 05:05 AM
Ah so you're one of the "It's a conspiracy" kind of guys...

If that's what you think then Its better to not allow him to ref the Ore game since, ya know, we paid em an' all...

And BTW if you keep Washington on your schedule, you can already put a check mark in the WIN column. They're horrible.

william_brasky
9/22/2006, 05:25 AM
Read the rest...

I beleive he's suspended for the ASU-Ore game so now we're screwed...

That's just it Quacky. Not enough refs to go around. Get some more you jackasses. It's not like a high school crew could do any worse.

QuackTastic
9/22/2006, 05:41 AM
Relax you're getting the lesser of 2 evils. David Cutaia was one of the on-field refs who made a judgement call and it turned out to be wrong. Every ref has made that kind of a mistake.

Would you rather Gordan Riese work this weekend?

william_brasky
9/22/2006, 05:43 AM
Relax you're getting the lesser of 2 evils. David Cutaia was one of the on-field refs who made a judgement call and it turned out to be wrong. Every ref has made that kind of a mistake.

Would you rather Gordan Riese work this weekend?

The thing is, if he didn't take a year LOA, he probably would be working this weekend.

QuackTastic
9/22/2006, 05:47 AM
Riese is a retired field official. He never would have been working this weekend.

william_brasky
9/22/2006, 05:51 AM
in the booth numb numb.

QuackTastic
9/22/2006, 05:55 AM
Pac-10 needed a field official this weekend. Not a replay guy "numb numb".

Have we really resorted to name-calling?

*Waves white flag*

fwsooner22
9/22/2006, 08:24 AM
In the end what we have all come to realize is.....THE PAC 10 is an embarrassment to college athletics..........Let's quit playing them and they will cease to exist except in the wino/coffee sip, sip, world of "too rad" surfer dudes.......What a bunch of losers...........what goes around quack......your day is coming

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2006, 08:39 AM
Ah so you're one of the "It's a conspiracy" kind of guys...

If that's what you think then Its better to not allow him to ref the Ore game since, ya know, we paid em an' all...

And BTW if you keep Washington on your schedule, you can already put a check mark in the WIN column. They're horrible.
We had a check mark down for the Oregon game this year. The refs didn't know though.

footballfanatic
9/22/2006, 09:15 AM
Sooner fans and the team have to get past all this. A bad call was made. There are bad calls in EVERY game. There is no consipracy--just a bunch of overworked, underpaid officials trying to referee a game that's gotten too fast, and too complicated. Sometimes you benefit from bad calls, some times you don't.

I've seen bad calls made since I saw my first game--the 1971 Super Bowl, where Dallas was denied a fumble recovery on the goal line. OU has to put this behind them and focus on what needs to be done, or you will let this season slip away, and risk being labled crybabies by an unforgiving college football audience.

TopDawg
9/22/2006, 09:16 AM

Not every ref has made this kind of mistake, though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/goodpain/allenpatrick.jpg

Now that's a BIG lapse in judgment.

fwsooner22
9/22/2006, 09:40 AM
Sooner fans and the team have to get past all this. A bad call was made. There are bad calls in EVERY game. There is no consipracy--just a bunch of overworked, underpaid officials trying to referee a game that's gotten too fast, and too complicated. Sometimes you benefit from bad calls, some times you don't.

I've seen bad calls made since I saw my first game--the 1971 Super Bowl, where Dallas was denied a fumble recovery on the goal line. OU has to put this behind them and focus on what needs to be done, or you will let this season slip away, and risk being labled crybabies by an unforgiving college football audience.

You idiots who come on here and tell everyone how to act and what to say need to re-evaluate your approach to life..............You don't tell "Sooner Fans" how to act.....we do what we want to do - when we want to do it......

WE DON"T PLAY SO WE DON"T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON THE FIELD......stop sounding so idiotic....its embarrassing......

:hot: This is a message board where people come to share information, complain, brag, etc......Its all part of the process.......don't tell people how to act.....and quit acting like we are getting ready to play middle linebacker Saturday.............our playing days are over............

mfosterftw
9/22/2006, 09:49 AM

And this is justification #1 for changing the Pac-10's non-conference game policy. They just don't have enough qualified crews.

Wait and see, when the Pac-10 reviews and changes their policy during their October meetings, the press release will say this. They can save face and avoid the controversy of potential bias.

Marc

85Sooner
9/22/2006, 11:02 AM
i AM THINKING OLE MIKEY MIGHT DESIGN A FEW PLAYS directed at the positions where the refs are standing. Kinda like the passes from adam sandler to the reefs crotch in Longest Yard . Do thyat two or three tmes oughta do the trick.

cvsooner
9/22/2006, 12:33 PM
They're delaying his suspension because they don't have enough qualified officials?

They still don't have enough qualified officials.

The officiating overall in the Oregon game was terrible. The on-field crew is getting too much of a pass in my opinion. The wrong call started there. Replay should have overturned it, true, but they should have gotten the numerous errors on that play right in the first play.

1. Kicker was offsides. (His plant foot--the right--is over the 35-yard line.)
2. Paysinger interferes with Kelly before the ten-yard restraining line.
3. Paysinger touches the ball inside the ten-yard zone.
4. Whistle blows WAY too early.
5. Ball is spotted in the wrong place even if somehow you could justify the previous call.

So I'm not terribly surprised they missed the PI call and the field goal block, as well as all the other bone-headed calls made on the field that day. Some of them benefited OU, true, as well. But that's simply no excuse for the worst officiating I've ever seen in 45 years of playing, watching and yes, officiating.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2006, 01:50 PM
The FIX is in.

Dan Thompson
9/22/2006, 02:00 PM
It was just a 6 day suspension!

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2006, 02:15 PM
The Cats think they will do a make up.:rolleyes:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=53212

Paperclip
9/22/2006, 02:15 PM
I'd love to be in on that pre-game conversation.

Scott D
9/22/2006, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to figure out where I need to pretend that I give a **** about a pac-10 v. pac-10 game.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 02:32 PM
woody paige just said they are tryin to screw the stoops brothers and that tom hansen did this on purpose because of the mouthing boren and bob have done.....

Vaevictis
9/22/2006, 02:34 PM
Read the rest...

... a delayed suspension is no suspension at all. A "delayed" suspension in football would be better termed "taking the weekend off."

This shows a complete and utter lack of competence or integrity on the Pac-10's fault. He's suspended. Oh wait, no, nevermind, he's not. Why? Because we can't keep enough staffers on retainer to do the job if we actually do end up suspending him.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.firetomhansen.com/

Email him, I did.

Work:
800 South Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Phone: (925) 932-4411
Fax: (925) 932-4601
Email: [email protected]

Home:
3352 Stone Valley Rd. (http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q=3352+STONE+VALLEY+RD,+ALAMO,+CA+94507)
Alamo, CA 94507 (http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q=3352+STONE+VALLEY+RD,+ALAMO,+CA+94507)
Phone: (925) 838-8561