PDA

View Full Version : Any Houston Sooners

SoonerForever
9/21/2006, 10:14 PM
able to get the game this weekend thru Time Warner....SoonerSports has it listed on channel 595....no such channel and Time Warner says they have no listing for the game....I checked this with 3 different operators.... If any Houston Sooners hear anything about a sports bar or if able to order thru TW, please let me know...Thanks

jrsooner
9/22/2006, 12:03 AM
This is what I got from the Houston OU club...
I just checked my TWC Guide channel. 595 is there and listed as "BIG 12 PPV" with the Oklahoma showing at 6pm to 12 pm.

Houston Sooners,

THERE WILL NOT BE A HOUSTON WATCH PARTY FOR THE GAME THIS SATURDAY AGAINST MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. UNFORTUNATELY, OUR VIEWING ROOMS AT JILLIANS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR SATURDAY'S 6 PM GAME. WE HAVE CHECKED WITH SEVERAL OTHER SPORTS BARS AND BECAUSE THE GAME IS ON PPV THEIR COST TO US IS $400 JUST TO BRING THE GAME DOWN. WE HAVE NOT LOCATED A SPORTS BAR WHO IS WILLING TO PAY THE PPV COST FOR AN OU GAME. THEY ALSO CAN NOT PROVIDE US A PRIVATE VIEWING AREA.

HOWEVER:

THE GAME CAN BE PURCHASED ON YOUR HOME TV IF YOU HAVE TIME WARNER CABLE . THE COST IS $29.95. IT WILL BE ON CHANNEL 595. CALL 713-462-9000 AT TIME WARNER TO RESERVE THE GAME.

THE GAME WILL ALSO BE BROADCAST LIVE ON RADIO STATION KCOH AT 1430 AM. LIVE PRE-GAME BROADCAST WILL BEGIN AT 4:30 PM. OUR NEXT WATCH PARTY WILL BE THE TEXAS GAME. MORE INFORMATION WILL FOLLOW.

Landthief 1972
9/22/2006, 10:00 AM
Planet Ouston - you will...

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/5747_15079_1.jpg

KNEEL... BEFORE ZOD!

Paid for by the Committee to elect Zod for President (http://www.zod2008.com/)

TheHumanAlphabet
9/22/2006, 10:03 AM
Just got off the phone with Time Warner. I don't think they know what they are talking about. I explained that I was looking for the Oklahoma Sooners PPV game on channel 595 (as reported by Soonersports) and the lady told me it was $21.95 on ESPN Game Weekly.

"What you talkin' 'bout Willis."

That don't sound right, anybody in Houston order the game and what exactly did you order.

TIA.

Posted in my earlier thread...

Anyone actually order it and is the information in the earlier post correct about the number. I had 713-341-1000.

1991SOONER
9/22/2006, 10:05 AM
I'm just going to listen to it on the radio:(

Doesn't cost me anything that way:)

TexasSooner01
9/22/2006, 10:48 AM
Gonna listen to it on the radio too! I have family in OK. that are gonna tape the game, that way I can watch it later.

Landthief 1972
9/22/2006, 10:50 AM
I'm just going to listen to it on the radio:(

Doesn't cost me anything that way:)

But that's like listening to the game backwards with cotton stuffed in your ears while being kicked in the crotch. :P

jrsooner
9/22/2006, 10:52 AM
I'd figure that I'd just go to channel 595 and hit "order the sucker" and watch it. Since it is listed on my TWC guide - Channel 595 "Big 12". Now with all this controversy, I may stop by my local TWC shop when I'm out running around today, and ask. My biggest problem was could I DVR it, and the tech support guy told me "Yes". Which means I should be able to burn it to a DVD after the game (hopefully).

Espn Gameplan this weekend according to the espn site is:
Saturday, September 23
Time (ET) Matchup
12:00 PM #14 Iowa at Illinois
12:00 PM North Carolina at #19 Clemson
12:30 PM Colorado at #9 Georgia
2:00 PM Howard at Rutgers
3:30 PM #24 Penn State at #1 Ohio State
3:30 PM Iowa State at #7 Texas
3:30 PM Connecticut at Indiana
4:00 PM Marshall at #15 Tennessee
7:00 PM Florida Atlantic at South Carolina
8:00 PM #3 USC at Arizona
8:00 PM Tulane at #10 LSU
8:00 PM #20 Boston College at North Carolina State

TheHumanAlphabet
9/22/2006, 10:56 AM
I was told over the phone that it could only be activated by an operator. Then again, they were calling it the ESPN Weekly Plan at 21.95...:(

1991SOONER
9/22/2006, 11:11 AM
But that's like listening to the game backwards with cotton stuffed in your ears while being kicked in the crotch. :P

I have no idea what you are talking about:confused:

I've listened to many games on the radio and have NEVER been kicked in the crotch while doing so:D

Besides, at least I know I won't get some host that obviously hates OU which seems to be about every other game on TV. That is when I stuff cotton in my ears (or just turn the volume down).:)

jrsooner
9/22/2006, 01:16 PM
I've just ordered mine. I went to one of the TWC offices by the Kroger (Kingsland/Mason) here in Katy. They couldn't find it on their computers. I showed them on their TV screen where it said it was going to be shown. She finally called another site within TWC and they got it ordered for me. They quoted me the $29 price.

One tidbit that the operator at the store did mention... that ESPN gameplan was no longer going to be on TWC. Take it as a rumor with all the mess that's gone on so far with their PPVs this week.

josh09
9/22/2006, 05:00 PM
able to get the game this weekend thru Time Warner....SoonerSports has it listed on channel 595....no such channel and Time Warner says they have no listing for the game....I checked this with 3 different operators.... If any Houston Sooners hear anything about a sports bar or if able to order thru TW, please let me know...Thanks

im having to get ppv and i have timewarner

proudsoonergal
9/22/2006, 05:04 PM
BTW - FSN is supposedly replaying the game on Monday. I don't know if it will be a edited version or the full thing, but if I don't order the game Saturday then I was planning to tape Monday's airing.