PDA

View Full Version : After this weekend...

mOUse
9/21/2006, 04:53 PM
I told my wife that there were 2 things that I felt had to happen in order to win my confidence back with officiating and really organized sports to a degree.
1. An official apology by the officiating crew (which I didn't expect, and as far as I know is unprecidented)
2. or a revesal of the games result (Again, I believe has never happened before other than a Cornell game Vs Lehigh a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and I never expect that to happen, and I am rather suprised, and frankly dissapointed, that Boren asked for.)

Much to my suprise and delight we have an official apology! I'm floored!:eek:
I feel an apology is a HUGE 1st step to fixing anything. At this point that is all one can really expect, even though it does not fix the past.

As a result, I propose the following!
Even with the Issues our team faces (youth, defensive struggles or what have you) I feel OU WILL win the Big12 and Play in a BCS bowl, and I hope it will be .....VS. Oregon.
I feel this would be a giant step to repair OUr image in the eyes of the nation. Even if we don't win. The media coverage will be so thorough, I think the whole thing will finally be put to rest, and allow both teams to move on.
Personally, I feel OU would have the edge, because Oregon's Offense has already developed and is well seasoned, and OU almost pulled it out. Give OU a full season, and finish their development and it will be a much better team than they faced last week.

I dont know, I guess i'm still tryin' to heal.

mOUse
9/21/2006, 04:57 PM
sorry Micco, I didn't see your thread, otherwise I would have replied!
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78685

fadada1
9/21/2006, 05:00 PM
i think a rematch would be hella sweet.

even if it's the pointsettia bowl.

Jackal
9/21/2006, 05:36 PM
i think a rematch would be hella sweet.

even if it's the pointsettia bowl.
And Oklahoma would gain how? If we ended up losing then we open ourselves up to the smack talk from opposing fans that we lost the first time. If we win, then we prove something people already knew and we wouldn't benefit in the season ending polls.