PDA

View Full Version : The Freemasons Of College Football.....

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 12:35 PM
This nonsense with Riese and the 'only one frame of video' nonsense, the assistant Judd now needs a year off. The weird non apology from the SEC for blatantly going against what their very rules state, etc., etc.

The bottom line is that officiating ACROSS THE BOARD is now under suspicion and it's getting uglier and uglier.

The problem being that once again as I've stated earlier the officials along with their repective conference are kept hidden away and when there is a controversy and it's addressed, normally in a very lame way, there is only the briefest of statements.

This fraternity is going to protect itself come hell or high water no matter how much money is at stake. Even to the detriment of the game.

This goes beyond whining. OU has accepted it got screwed. LSU is accepting their screw job. Our opponents in the past have been screwed in games we've played against them. It's just getting worse and worse and more flagrant and now even replay has been rendered useless.

There have been sports scandals in the past. Point shaving, taking dives, etc. When did officiating become the holy of holies and above reproach?

I'm not saying that's the case here. The case here is clearly hometown refs, it would seem at this time. But the more questions asked about the Pac-10 debacle the more bizarre it becomes. Again, why can't there be a press conference and specific questions asked of these officials where we can get some satisfactory answers so we can all go home?

Why are they immune to this sort of public spotlight? Why are they being protected? High blood pressure? Some of them have grandchildren?

It's sad that football is becoming more and more like wrestling. At least the players and coaches don't seem to be in on the fix yet.

RedstickSooner
9/21/2006, 12:43 PM
To get away from the "I hate the refs, and hope their kittens drown during the rest of their games" theme, I'd like to add something which I've sort of thought would be a nice improvement to play-by-play analysis -- having the networks add a former ref to the team of announcers.

While this weekend was the exception, during a lot of games the play-by-play dudes (predictably enough) get calls totally screwed up - they get indignant about plays that are called correctly, seemingly because they don't understand the rules.

With refereeing such a large part of the game, I think broadcasts would benefit greatly from incorporating a former ref into the booth. Just my two cents :)

The
9/21/2006, 01:02 PM
Redstick-
BRILLIANT!
:)

Miko
9/21/2006, 01:15 PM
Sooo...to paraphrase here, Geek is tired of the sacred cow treatment of refs? :eek:

;)

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 01:17 PM
Geekboy,

I have thought about this issue a lot. If I were trying to fix a game I wouldn't go after a single player or even a couple of players. I'd go after a referee who has the power to invalidate plays, prolong drives, change momentum and dictate the flow of a game by the timely use of penalties.

I really think it's not a question of it just being a possibilty but rather it is a given that it has probably happened more than a few times.

GreenSooner
9/21/2006, 01:38 PM
Another pretty simple fix: in interconference games, have referees from a third conference officiate. It's not a perfect solution (what is?), but it beats the heck out of having officials from either of the teams' conferences in charge.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 01:47 PM
YOU SCREWED BRET YOU SCREWED BRET YOU SCREWED BRET YOU SCREWED BRET YOU SCREWED BRET YOU SCREWED BRET!!!!!!!!

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 01:51 PM
Another pretty simple fix: in interconference games, have referees from a third conference officiate. It's not a perfect solution (what is?), but it beats the heck out of having officials from either of the teams' conferences in charge.
That's like too... logical, or somethin.

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 03:09 PM
I really think it's not a question of it just being a possibilty but rather it is a given that it has probably happened more than a few times.
It seems to becoming more and more a possibility and what recourse does college football have to investigate.

The NCAA sure can do a hell of a job investigating players and programs.
Aren't they able to conduct another investigation on the refs?

No?

Why not?

opksooner
9/21/2006, 04:22 PM
....and the connection to the Masons is exactly.................?

OklahomaRed
9/21/2006, 04:45 PM
If the NCAA and conference officiating is innocent, then they should welcome an investigation by a non-partisan group that has the knowlede & expertise to complete a thorough investigation. There is something fishy here, and it goes further than a "homer" call. To many red flags popping up on this one. When you have that much money at stake, you will have corrupt individuals trying to work the system. Why would we think human nature has came so far as to not investigate strange occurences and they have been investigated in the past? I agree with FaninAma. If you are going to fix a game, the easiest people to put the fix in would be the referees. The have less to lose and more to gain by accepting bribes, trips, kickbacks, etc. that do the coaches or players. Some of the recent action seems to be a little covering up going on?

Jewstin
9/21/2006, 04:54 PM
http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=139517.topic

A write up by J.R. Ross, discusses this issue as well as his conversation with the ABC replay technician who confirms Riese was lying.

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 05:19 PM
....and the connection to the Masons is exactly.................?
secret society. Not trying to be malicious.

BIG_IKE
9/21/2006, 05:44 PM
secret society. Not trying to be malicious.

Im a Mason...and it is NOt a "secret Society" :rolleyes:

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 05:52 PM

This seems reasonable, right up until you have an interconference game that can affect whether or not a team from the official's conference goes to a BCS/NC game.

The problem is that officials are employeed by the conferences. No matter how hard you try, until this changes, there is always going to be the potential for the appearance of impropriety.

What you need is salaried officials (who work *only* as officials), unaffiliated with any conference, who undergo background checks; during the selection of officials for a given game, any official who has anything in their background that could lead to the appearance of impropriety should be disqualified from officiating that game.

Furthermore, these officials need to be evaluated like any other employee, and retained/fired/demoted/promoted based on performance.

Another thing is that *any* official who is officiating a game needs to be in the public eye. No officials in a booth hidden away somewhere; just like anyone can see the officials on the field and point a directional microphone on them, the replay official needs to be in a glass office that is open to the press.

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 05:53 PM

Yeah, but it earned the reputation of being a secret society back when it was, you know, a secret society ;)

SoonerJason
9/21/2006, 05:54 PM
Can someone please give this Cowherd dork his own thread

http://espnrad.vo.llnwd.net/o10/espnradio/insider/herd/herd_09202006_6.mp3

"Oklahoma is the redneck that won the lottery and doesnt know how to act in a nice restaurant"

3 minutes of bulls***

I can't start new topics.

OklahomaRed
9/21/2006, 05:56 PM
Do you have a secret handshake? A secret word? Secret rituals? Not a place to get in a discussion about Masons. I was never a Mason, but a DeMolay as a teenager. Take it over to the south oval. :D

BIG_IKE
9/21/2006, 05:57 PM
Do you have a secret handshake? A secret word? Secret rituals? Not a place to get in a discussion about Masons. I was never a Mason, but a DeMolay as a teenager. Take it over to the south oval. :D

what fraternity doesnt have those things??

soonerboy_odanorth
9/21/2006, 06:00 PM

Cool.

Say, I was wondering if you might post a copy of the 33 tests/levels of ascension in the Mason ranks.

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 06:00 PM
What it really boils down to is, you have to eliminate any possibility of the appearance of impropriety.

For some bizarre reason, these people (ie, anyone who seems to run a major sporting league) just don't seem to get that in a position that requires the confidence of the public the appearance of impropriety is impropriety.

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 06:13 PM
Geez.......OKAY! Let's change it to "The Knights Templar Of College Football."

Anybody body here a member of Knights Templar? :rolleyes:

TopDawg
9/21/2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, you wanna make somethin of it?!

BIG_IKE
9/21/2006, 06:16 PM
Knight's Templar are Freemasons too...but Im sure you already knew that Geekboy

OUinFLA
9/21/2006, 06:18 PM
The Masons fixed the game?

:eek: :eek:

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 06:19 PM
Alright. Somebody go over these and let me know.

The Jesuits
The Illuminati
Skull & Bones
The Priory of Sion
The Rosicrucians
Ordo Templi Orientis
The Golden Dawn
The Club of Rome
The Bilderburgs
The Knights of Malta
The Bohemian Grove
The Hashishans or Assassins
The Trilateral Commission
The Council on Foreign Relations

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 06:30 PM
How do you people know all about this stuff?

Oh...and why?

SoonerForever
9/21/2006, 06:33 PM
I can tell you firsthand that the masons run USPS as well as many other government agencies and that those that are members are free from any actions taken against them for inappropiate conduct .
I don't want to get involved in a long debate over this, but I feel it is important people understand that this "organization" has quite a bit of clout far reaching into government.

Geekboy
9/21/2006, 06:37 PM
I can tell you firsthand that the masons run USPS as well as many other government agencies and that those that are members are free from any actions taken against them for inappropiate conduct .
I don't want to get involved in a long debate over this, but I feel it is important people understand that this "organization" has quite a bit of clout far reaching into government.
Sort of like college referees? Thanks! Back to my original intended point.

Rogue
9/21/2006, 07:24 PM
Can't use Jesuits. Coach Wilson worked at Northwestern U. Either that is a Jesuit school or there's one right around there somewhere.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 07:29 PM
So the Pac-10 Officials put a treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence?

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 07:49 PM
So the Pac-10 Officials put a treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence?

No, it's carved into the crystal football, and can only be seen when you shoot a red laser though the football onto a blue background.

Don't you know ANYTHING?!

Cam
9/21/2006, 08:15 PM
http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=139517.topic

A write up by J.R. Ross, discusses this issue as well as his conversation with the ABC replay technician who confirms Riese was lying.
I heard JR tell that store to 1300's morning crew the other day while going to the Dr. Funny *** stuff. He was railing the dude right and left.

The VIIIth
9/21/2006, 10:28 PM
This nonsense with Riese and the 'only one frame of video' nonsense, the assistant Judd now needs a year off. The weird non apology from the SEC for blatantly going against what their very rules state, etc., etc.

The bottom line is that officiating ACROSS THE BOARD is now under suspicion and it's getting uglier and uglier.

The problem being that once again as I've stated earlier the officials along with their repective conference are kept hidden away and when there is a controversy and it's addressed, normally in a very lame way, there is only the briefest of statements.

This fraternity is going to protect itself come hell or high water no matter how much money is at stake. Even to the detriment of the game.

This goes beyond whining. OU has accepted it got screwed. LSU is accepting their screw job. Our opponents in the past have been screwed in games we've played against them. It's just getting worse and worse and more flagrant and now even replay has been rendered useless.

There have been sports scandals in the past. Point shaving, taking dives, etc. When did officiating become the holy of holies and above reproach?

I'm not saying that's the case here. The case here is clearly hometown refs, it would seem at this time. But the more questions asked about the Pac-10 debacle the more bizarre it becomes. Again, why can't there be a press conference and specific questions asked of these officials where we can get some satisfactory answers so we can all go home?

Why are they immune to this sort of public spotlight? Why are they being protected? High blood pressure? Some of them have grandchildren?

It's sad that football is becoming more and more like wrestling. At least the players and coaches don't seem to be in on the fix yet.

I couldn't agree more.

Soonerdaddy
9/21/2006, 10:32 PM
How about 33 tests for referees?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 10:46 PM
You seriously need to delete R L Judd's information. That makes you look like an asshat. It is still only a game, what if he has kids and they have to be up early for school tomorrow and you call and keep them up all nite. Doing that makes you look way worse than these officials.

The VIIIth
9/21/2006, 11:33 PM
You seriously need to delete R L Judd's information. That makes you look like an asshat. It is still only a game, what if he has kids and they have to be up early for school tomorrow and you call and keep them up all nite. Doing that makes you look way worse than these officials.

I would hate for someone to do anything foolish with the number so...deleted.
I certainly never called...but you have to admit, it was a good segue.

I still agree with the threads approach to referee accountability.

Oh yeah, and don't ever call me asshat, dickhead. ;)