PDA

View Full Version : Mike Belotti on Jim Rome in the 1 O'clock hour

JohnnyMack
9/21/2006, 12:27 PM
1 o'clock central time that is.

If anyone cares to hear what he has to say.

GDC
9/21/2006, 12:29 PM
**** his sorry ***, OU won that game.

zeke
9/21/2006, 12:39 PM
Yesterday the media was saying Stoops was still on this issue. Stoops said that Monday would be the last time he talked about it. Seems like its the media who is keeping this alive.
Really doesnt matter what Belotti has to say.

OKLA21FAN
9/21/2006, 12:45 PM
point of clarification
it was Tuesday (during the weekly press conference) where Stoops issue his statement, fielded almost 30 questions on the mater, then said, it is behing we are moving on, dont ask about it again.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/21/2006, 02:02 PM
anyone listen to this?

Paperclip
9/21/2006, 02:05 PM
anyone listen to this?

Kinda what you'd expect. My kids played hard, made the play they had to make.
He did say he called Bob and apologized though. I found that interesting.

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 02:18 PM
Kinda what you'd expect. My kids played hard, made the play they had to make.
He did say he called Bob and apologized though. I found that interesting.
He also said Oregon won the game and deserved to.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 03:04 PM
So Herr, how do you think the Horns woud have fared against the Ducks at Autzen?

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 03:28 PM
So Herr, how do you think the Horns woud have fared against the Ducks at Autzen?
I think we would've won. I like our running game. I'd like a rematch with tOSU though with our complete secondary now too.

boomrsoonr
9/21/2006, 03:33 PM
I think we would've won.

Well, the only way to think that is IF they beat us in October. I'm not giving you much chance of that though.

Boomer.....
9/21/2006, 03:36 PM
Well, the only way to think that is IF they beat us in October. I'm not giving you much chance of that though.
It's on! :pop:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/21/2006, 03:36 PM

if our run defense doesn't magically come together we might give up quadruple digits in rushing...

Soonermagik
9/21/2006, 03:37 PM
I think we would've won. I like our running game. I'd like a rematch with tOSU though with our complete secondary now too.

Sorry bud, but it's a mismatch that Ohio State offense is too good.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 03:37 PM

I suggest you keep them in lock down then.

I actually think Oregon's offense is on par with Ohio state. Oregon has a much superior rushing game but a weaker passing game. UT's defense is better than OU's but I'm still not sold on Colt, especially away from the friendly confines of DKR stadium.

In Autzen I think UT has their hands full.

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 03:40 PM
I suggest you keep them in lock down then.
Exactly. Lay off the weed and firearms for a couple of months. It's not that hard.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 03:42 PM
if our run defense doesn't magically come together we might give up quadruple digits in rushing...

I actually think Oregon's rushing attack is on par with Texas'. It may even be better sicne Dixon is a much, much better runner than McCoy.

TrophyCollector
9/21/2006, 03:49 PM

Unless that secondary could contribute some TDs to go along with the 7 points your offense provided, it wouldn't help much.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 03:57 PM
Texas, in Austin, scored as many points as Cincinnati did in Columbus. Fewer than Northern Illinois. Yes, I know, you can't always score compare, but the vaunted running attack isn't scaring me much. Just like with us, the quarterback has to make some plays to make the run game work. That means Colt for Texas. We'll see how composed he is in that atmosphere and he doesn't even have near the weapons OU does at receiver.

I think we will win cause Paul's poise and Colt's youth. Texas won't even have 200 yards rushing against us.

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 04:10 PM
Unless that secondary could contribute some TDs to go along with the 7 points your offense provided, it wouldn't help much.
We only scored 7 but we missed a FG and we fumbled on their 2 yd. line. We also had 20 first downs to their 17 and they only had 22 more total yards than us. We moved the ball, we just didn't finish.

That score was misleading.

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 04:13 PM
...and he doesn't even have near the weapons OU does at receiver.

Simply wrong. Sweed, Pittman, Jones and Cosby are back from the national title team. Shipley is finally healthy. Jermichael Finley is every bit as good as your FR TE.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 04:15 PM
We only scored 7 but we missed a FG and we fumbled on their 2 yd. line. We also had 20 first downs to their 17 and they only had 22 more total yards than us. We moved the ball, we just didn't finish.

Stats, schmats. First downs are a joke, anyway. You had 20...5 a quarter. That means you moved from the 20 to the 50 and then the 30 to the 50 twice a quarter. You had more cause they could throw the ball downfield for bigger chunks of yards. Texas only had two plays over 20 yards. I know you know this, but Texas does NOT have a big play offense right now. Selvin is really your only big play playmaker...don't give me Limas Sweed!

You did have miscues, but Ohio State made plays. That is what OU-Texas ALWAYS comes down to. If Latimer wraps up Charles and we don't stick our heads in the sand with less than a minute to play in the first half, even last year could have been a totally different game. Texas made plays, OU didn't.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 04:17 PM
Simply wrong. Sweed, Pittman, Jones and Cosby are back from the national title team. Shipley is finally healthy. Jermichael Finley is every bit as good as your FR TE.

Still denying VY was the entire reason for success. We'll see. You've played one team and your offense was a collective yawn. You get your next chance October 7th. To me, this is the weakest horns receiving corps in a long time. Even Mackovic and McWilliams had bigger playmakers than you guys do now.

Herr Scholz
9/21/2006, 04:25 PM
We shall see. I like our WRs. I know you remember Pittman.

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 04:35 PM
I actually think Oregon's rushing attack is on par with Texas'. It may even be better sicne Dixon is a much, much better runner than McCoy.

I think the Texas offensive line is much better than Oregons.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/21/2006, 05:52 PM

Nope. Can't say I remember him.

I do remember this cat named Taylor though... he really tore it up. Totally helped Texas stretch the field with his speed. I mean, that kid could COOK! He's a real difference maker.

What's the word on him anyway?

Jello Biafra
9/21/2006, 06:09 PM

yeh. so was ours bud........

we had 14 points taken off the board
settled for 6 points after being in the redzone (one time at the 2)

you guys are a buncha f*cktards if you think AUTZEN woulda bowed to you. you would have taken the high hard one just like us. just shut yer phuggin mouth and wait for the second week in october.

Jello Biafra
9/21/2006, 06:12 PM

rofl how the hell do you know? he's made one catch and he fumbled that one. I love how you think you know more about our team than we do.

it's great you have all those receivers back. how they gonna get the ball? just wondering. even as bad as our pass rush has been so far, we still make mccoy run for his life.

the_ouskull
9/21/2006, 06:38 PM

I don't know... the game might have to go into overtime.

the_ouskull

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 06:50 PM

Who's Pittman? Seriously. I mean, from your post, I would guess he's a WR. But that would only be a guess.

I mean, yeah, your wide receivers caught a few balls last year, but at least two thrown TD's last year were sheer incompetence on the part of our secondary.

Salt City Sooner
9/21/2006, 07:48 PM
I think the Texas offensive line is much better than Oregons.
Don't know if I can buy that one. UO has all 5 starters back from last year. That, vs. a Dusty-less DL was EASILY my #1 concern last Saturday, & it pretty much came to fruition as Stewart had a ton of gaping holes to run through. UT may indeed be better, but I don't think it's by much at all, if any.

Ash
9/21/2006, 08:19 PM

Another whorn re-emerges.

It would have taken more than one starter to win that game for you, Herr, sorry to say.

Remember when I said tOSUs offense was head and shoulders above yours and your defense wasn't as good as advertised? Meh, you'd never admit even if you did.

I'd take tOSU by 30 in a rematch.

:pop:

Rogue
9/21/2006, 09:20 PM
Sweed's pretty talented. Other than OU, I think that Tennessee has the best WRs in the country.

goingoneight
9/21/2006, 09:33 PM
So Herr, not to insult you, but OUr running game was more than just "fine" against Oregon and we got screwed. What makes you think Jamaal Charles is AD? Do you really see him owning the defenses like AD did? I say if AD got 205 yards on UO, Charles gets little over 100, give him a little more if the OL is really as "spectacular" as everyone thinks it is...

msteudem
9/21/2006, 11:10 PM
How did this convo go from Belotti on Jim Rome to OU/Texas:confused:

sooner969
9/21/2006, 11:22 PM
I don't know... the game might have to go into overtime.

the_ouskull
If they play the way they did at Oregon they'll be a quarter of the way there by halftime.

The VIIIth
9/22/2006, 12:15 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the guy who got the ball to them and made defenses play man cover was still around.

Without VY there are no more gaudy stats or scores. Or at least as soon as you start playing teams that actually have skill sets.

Colt looks terrified even during an interview. The last time I saw eyes that big there was a glandular condition involved. I think the Cotton Bowl will simply be too much for a frosh. That and the fact Texas has no punishing type runners. Selvins a step slow after the knee, Charles runs like he's baking quiche and doesn't want to stain his apron and as far as Melton "The Flasher" goes, his running style "exposes" the fact he is seriously out of condition and probably not too effective outside of the 2 or 3 yard line.

Just sayin'

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 12:36 AM
Their runners and OL are good, but i'm pretty sure we can stack the box and keep the score low enough to let the offense keep the lead.

If they score less than 25 points, I think we win the game. If they score more than 25 points, I think we are in for a long day.

footballfanatic
9/22/2006, 04:52 AM
Texas, in Austin, scored as many points as Cincinnati did in Columbus. Fewer than Northern Illinois. Yes, I know, you can't always score compare, but the vaunted running attack isn't scaring me much. Just like with us, the quarterback has to make some plays to make the run game work. That means Colt for Texas. We'll see how composed he is in that atmosphere and he doesn't even have near the weapons OU does at receiver.

I think we will win cause Paul's poise and Colt's youth. Texas won't even have 200 yards rushing against us.

"He doesn't even have near the weapons OU does at receiver?"

There isn't one college football writer, analyst, or coach in America who agrees with you.

footballfanatic
9/22/2006, 04:59 AM
yeh. so was ours bud........

we had 14 points taken off the board
settled for 6 points after being in the redzone (one time at the 2)

you guys are a buncha f*cktards if you think AUTZEN woulda bowed to you. you would have taken the high hard one just like us. just shut yer phuggin mouth and wait for the second week in october.

You guys lost to Oregon, case closed. You didn't win. Teams that get field goals blocked on the final play of the game don't win. Teams that give up 500yards of offense don't win. One bad call doesn't make a difference. OU also got some breaks in that game. You gave them a fair game on the offensive side of the ball, but your defense and special teams stunk.

CincySooner
9/22/2006, 09:33 AM
How did this convo go from Belotti on Jim Rome to OU/Texas:confused:

because its almost payback time. :D

mdklatt
9/22/2006, 10:00 AM
You guys lost to Oregon, case closed. You didn't win.

Given what happend to us at Oregon maybe the UT athletic department should go back and review your game at UCLA ten years ago. It's possible that if some questionable calls were reversed they would have only beaten you by eight touchdowns.

:texan:

C&CDean
9/22/2006, 10:03 AM
You guys lost to Oregon, case closed. You didn't win. Teams that get field goals blocked on the final play of the game don't win. Teams that give up 500yards of offense don't win. One bad call doesn't make a difference. OU also got some breaks in that game. You gave them a fair game on the offensive side of the ball, but your defense and special teams stunk.

You know what? The last thing I need to see/hear right now is a comment from a POS whorn telling us about the Oregon game. Assume the position, and take it like the chunk of filth you are. Goodnight.

Herr Scholz
9/22/2006, 10:06 AM
Who's Pittman? :D Surely you guys jest. He was the one steaking down the sideline for a 64 yard TD at the end of the first half last year against you guys. He had 100 yds. receiving on the day. He had 130 yards receiving against tOSU in the Shoe. He had 53 in the national championship game. He led the country in yards per catch last year at 22.06 per. McCoy may not be there yet but to say we don't have talent at WR is ridiculous.

Our OL is better than Oregon's. Not even a discussion. And I'm not comparing Jamaal Charles to Peterson, but our one/two punch behind our OL will be formidable.

We were missing 2 starters from our secondary in the Ohio St. game, not one. We'll have both back for the TX/OU game.

Ash
9/22/2006, 10:30 AM
Who's Pittman? :D Surely you guys jest. He was the one steaking down the sideline for a 64 yard TD at the end of the first half last year against you guys. He had 100 yds. receiving on the day. He had 130 yards receiving against tOSU in the Shoe. He had 53 in the national championship game. He led the country in yards per catch last year at 22.06 per. McCoy may not be there yet but to say we don't have talent at WR is ridiculous.

Our OL is better than Oregon's. Not even a discussion. And I'm not comparing Jamaal Charles to Peterson, but our one/two punch behind our OL will be formidable.

We were missing 2 starters from our secondary in the Ohio St. game, not one. We'll have both back for the TX/OU game.

How predictable that the whorns come back only after we get an L and they're filled up with the false confidence of bullying another crappy team. You guys are the biggest bunch of cowards I've ever known.

Your team, Herr, has faced one quality opponent this year and looked verrrrrryyy average (at best!) in that game. Don't let Mack blow smoke up yer bunghole, you weren't five plays away from anything but being down by two more touchdowns.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 10:34 AM
five plays away?

i guess TFRW took that thinking to detroit when they almost scored 40 points...and beat chicago...and he doesnt care what the score is!

Ash
9/22/2006, 10:37 AM
five plays away?

i guess TFRW took that thinking to detroit when they almost scored 40 points...and beat chicago...and he doesnt care what the score is!

Absolutley.

Hook 'em

Herr Scholz
9/22/2006, 10:52 AM
How predictable that the whorns come back only after we get an L and they're filled up with the false confidence of bullying another crappy team. You guys are the biggest bunch of cowards I've ever known.

I can understand you're upset about the Oregon loss, but you can't accuse me of coming around only when times are good. I stuck it out over here during OU's 5 year run over my team. And I haven't made any derogatory comments about your game last weekend. I think you guys got absolutely jobbed. I'm over here because the best game of the college football season year in and year out is quickly approaching.

We lost to the #1 team in the country who played a great game. I'm not despondant over that. We have a freshman QB and we knew we'd have growing pains. I was honestly just interested in winning the conference this year. Both UT and OU have questions to answer before 10/7. We'll see which team gels the fastest.

Ash
9/22/2006, 10:59 AM
I can understand you're upset about the Oregon loss, but you can't accuse me of coming around only when times are good. I stuck it out over here during OU's 5 year run over my team. And I haven't made any derogatory comments about your game last weekend. I think you guys got absolutely jobbed. I'm over here because the best game of the college football season year in and year out is quickly approaching.

We lost to the #1 team in the country who played a great game. I'm not despondant over that. We have a freshman QB and we knew we'd have growing pains. I was honestly just interested in winning the conference this year. Both UT and OU have questions to answer before 10/7. We'll see which team gels the fastest.

Now you're making more sense.

But don't pretend that you and your whorn buddies don't have a history of coming over here and instigating. Also, don't expect me to fall for the "why are you reacting that way, I just wanted to have a friendly conversation about football" about face that you whorn trolls typically do on this board after you get pimp slapped a few times. Unless, that is, you'd like me to add "lying hypocrite" to the laundry list of character flaws inherent to :texan:s.