PDA

View Full Version : The reason is simple

cjames317
9/21/2006, 12:27 PM
Here's Jon Cooper explaining why AD has more success in the second half, from I.Maisel's espn.com column yesterday:

The reason, Oklahoma center Jon Cooper said, is simple.

"He's in better shape than everybody else," Cooper said. "When other guys are tired, he's still going 110 percent."

Peterson is 6-foot-2, 218 pounds and runs a sub-4.4 40. His motor can go a long time between oil changes. It's funny, isn't it, how the most talented guys are also the hardest workers. Cooper said that when he gets in his stance and looks across the line, he sees the results of Peterson's labors.

"The defensive linemen and the linebackers look at him standing straight up," Cooper said. "Those guys are breathing hard and sweaty. They don't look like they want any part of him. He's going hard all the time. He's the same way in practice. It can be the last play in practice. He's finishing in the end zone."

"They don't look like they want any part of him." This reminds me of a commercial featuring Eddie George a few years ago. It showed him bustin his a$$ during workouts, then cracking a little smile when he lines up and looks at a worn out LB in the 4th quarter.

So, with his dad in the stands, will AD break Demond Parker's OU/TX game rushing record?

GDC
9/21/2006, 12:30 PM
The first few years under Stoops the entire OU team was like that, they just wore people down and seemed better conditioned.

Rhino
9/21/2006, 02:24 PM
So, with his dad in the stands, will AD break Demond Parker's OU/TX game rushing record? It's already been confirmed that his dad won't be there.

stoopified
9/21/2006, 02:40 PM
Hard to say if he will break the record but I hope so. 291yards is a lot to get against a talented UT defnse, 292 is even harder.I'd have to say no but I hope I'm wrong.