PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a rematch?

MiccoMacey
9/21/2006, 11:24 AM
How many here would like to see a rematch with them?

Scenario: Both OU and UO win out. Both go to a BCS bowl.

Would you want to play them again?

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 11:26 AM
it depends on who will be officiating the game. But yes, i would like a rematch on neutral territory.

pgagolfpro77
9/21/2006, 11:32 AM
I say we go with PTs suggestion and play them again during our bye week.

With the rage factor, I would put it at:

OU - 64
Cheaters - 0

As far as a bowl game, it would have to be called the Mastersofhorror.com "Eat Them Alive" Bowl.

OU - 404
UO - (-72)

Unsportsman-like penalties are not allowed, and a full brawl is conducted on all plays.

This would be good times, and (my all time favorite) vigilante justice...

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2006, 11:34 AM
Sure, since the last time we played them, Pac-10 refs weren't used. ;)

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 11:34 AM
sounds good to me. I'd buy tickets for that game. Maybe we could even get GAMEDAY to come out! LOL

AlabamaSooner
9/21/2006, 11:48 AM
I think we are the last team Oregon wants to see in a bowl game now. Not saying this because I'm a Sooner, but being realistic. If we were to play again at a neutral site and our defense improves even just a bit, could get ugly.

SoonerObsession
9/21/2006, 12:10 PM
Calling Oregon cheaters is not fair. They played well and almost beat us. The officials are wrong doers here.

Ike
9/21/2006, 12:25 PM
sounds good to me. I'd buy tickets for that game. Maybe we could even get GAMEDAY to come out! LOL

I don't think theres any way Gameday wouldn't come out. Think about it...with as much press as this incident has gotten, a rematch in a bowl game would be like christmas for abc/espn. I think the whole country would love to see that game.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2006, 12:38 PM
I would love to see them again! Great people and a good team. I am down with it. I have absolutely no problem with UO, it is the refs that suck hard!

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
9/21/2006, 12:43 PM
I'd like a rematch but I wouldn't like to see Oregon win out the rest of the season either.

yermom
9/21/2006, 12:57 PM
imagine the scandal if they won a MNC out of this

Miko
9/21/2006, 01:20 PM
Sounds good, but let's get a bunch of blind foreigners from an insane assylum to call the game. That should be an improvement.

Sonner magic923
9/21/2006, 01:28 PM
hells ya i want to see that game and then I want to see bob drop the hammer when were up 50 and try to get another 50

boomersoonerdude
9/21/2006, 01:42 PM
GET THE POINT....... "OU is 7-0 against UO (wannabe big time)"..... not worth a rematch IMO

stoopified
9/21/2006, 02:00 PM
Hell yes,count me in.

CatfishSooner
9/21/2006, 02:26 PM
I would love to see that game.

soonerdano
9/21/2006, 04:50 PM
We've got an open date next week. Let's fly out to oregon and replay the last 1:06 of the game w/ the Sooners in possession of the ball after the onside kick is ruled properly. should take about 2 minutes to complete...:D

We win 33-27 and are back in Norman before the sun goes down:P

jrsooner
9/21/2006, 05:52 PM
How many here would like to see a rematch with them?No. Why would I want to play them again. We've already beat them. They are old news. Plus your scenario has them winning out...I don't think they'll do that.

The officials have apologized.
The team coached made a "veiled" apology. (stating that he agreed it was a blown call)
The NCAA knows we would have won.
The sportswriters know we would have won.
By now many coaches know we would have won.
Their players know we beat them.
Our Players know we beat them.
The PAC-10 knows we beat them.

Time to take a lesson from the Bible, look the ducks square in the face, and shake the dirt off your shoes and go on. No reason to go back, let's play another team and beat them also in the bowls.

SOONER44EVER
9/21/2006, 06:06 PM
If we both win out I'd rather play in a bowl game we should have been playing in if the refs had made the right call.

Harry Beanbag
9/21/2006, 09:01 PM
We've beaten them three years in a row, I'm ready for a new challenge.

DrZaius
9/21/2006, 09:02 PM
me do

Soonerdaddy
9/21/2006, 10:04 PM
We would love a rematch, they have to be dreading it.

badger
9/22/2006, 01:56 AM
so we lost to oregon.

but then we'll go and beat middle tennessee. and then we'll go down to dallas and beat texas. and then we'll beat baylor, and a&m, and tech, and osu, and then we'll go to the big 12 championship, and then take back the title! rawwwwr!
http://www.kevinowens.org/img/howard_dean.jpg
and colorado too.

Jewstin
9/22/2006, 02:03 AM
so we lost to oregon.

but then we'll go and beat middle tennessee. and then we'll go down to dallas and beat texas. and then we'll beat baylor, and a&m, and tech, and osu, and then we'll go to the big 12 championship, and then take back the title! rawwwwr!
http://www.kevinowens.org/img/howard_dean.jpg
and colorado too.

LMFAO.

Have you seen the Dave Chapelle spoof about that by any chance? 'Tis glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vLVJVyVmA

"I'M GONNA KICK OPEN THE DOOR TO THE OVAL OFFICE AND CHOP THAT MOTHER ****IN' DESK IN HALF."

badger
9/22/2006, 02:18 AM
LMFAO.

Have you seen the Dave Chapelle spoof

nah i haven't, but thanks for the link... ahh, fk it. chaspekelle.

Desert Sapper
9/22/2006, 02:37 AM
I just wish we could get everybody to STFU about it. If I have to see HOW we lost one more time, I'm going to put my fist through the wall. If I have to hear one more jacka$$ who didn't even watch the game toss in his 2 cents, I'm going to find them and key their car. And if I really, positively, absolutely have to hear anybody say that AD now doesn't deserve to be mentioned for the Heisman because of a loss (oh, and he's the 'only' offense), I'm going to drive to Connecticut and blow up ESPN (after I throat punch Herbstreit).

I'm kidding. I know we'll never hear the end of this.