PDA

View Full Version : Citgo has a message for all Americans...

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 10:02 AM
http://www.pocooil.com/images/Citgo%20Logo.jpg

“the US empire is on the way down, and it will soon be finished for the good of all mankind.”

And don't forget, Bud Lite 12 packs are always 5.99.

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 10:06 AM
Does 7/11 still sell Citgo gas?

SoonerBK
9/21/2006, 10:07 AM
That really is not very nice.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 10:09 AM
That really is not very nice.
Yeah, I wouldn't pay over 3.99 for Bud lite myself. Infact, I'd just rather drink a gallon of gas.

(just not Citgo brand gasoline)

JohnnyMack
9/21/2006, 10:11 AM
Tuba and I agree that Bud Light succs.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 10:15 AM
Someone find Burt Rynolds and that old dude with the man law book.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2006, 10:23 AM
Tuba and I agree that Bud Light succs.

Bud Light is the SUCK!

Boomer.....
9/21/2006, 10:27 AM
Bud light = best domestic beer

Boomer.....
9/21/2006, 10:27 AM
Does 7/11 still sell Citgo gas?

A lot of 7-11s sell CONOCO gas.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 10:41 AM
Never shop Citgo...

Boycott CITGO and Venuzuela.

Widescreen
9/21/2006, 11:09 AM
I thought Citgo wasn't going to be selling gas in most of the US anymore. Anyone know when that takes effect?

Penguin
9/21/2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

Neither a "buycott" nor a boycott is likely to accomplish much beyond the symbolic. In the first case, the Citgo brand (marketed by Citgo Petroleum Corporation, which has been owned by Petróleos de Venezuela,
the national oil company of Venezuela, since 1990) doesn't have nearly enough presence in the U.S. to satisfy demand; in the second case, boycotting a gasoline brand over political issues is problematic for a number of reasons (not least of which is the notion that threatening not to buy gasoline from someone who is threatening not to sell it to you doesn't sound like an effective ploy for either side). For one thing, although Citgo may be owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, it is a formerly American company which is still headquartered in the U.S. (in Houston, Texas), employs 4,000 people, and supplies 14,000 independent retailers with gasoline and other petroleum products — Americans with no substantive connection to Venezuela who would be economically harmed by such an action. And, of course, in today's oil market Citgo's products will continue to find buyers whether or not they're purchased by Americans.

SeattleOUstudent
9/21/2006, 01:03 PM

Oh snap!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 01:16 PM
Oh, CITGO is running off the Americans in the high paying, good jobs...They are sticking Venezueleans vetted by Chavez into the top positions in Houston and slowing down the careers of Americans. I just choose not to spend my American money at a non-American friendly establishment.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 01:24 PM

That snopes article has some very fundamental flaws in it. The production units of Citgo are almost totally run by PDVSA executives who are nothing more than political appointees by Chavez. They replaced the "old guard" from top to bottom after the strike, and most of those guys aren't allowed to work anymore, as they have been blacklisted.

Penguin
9/21/2006, 01:36 PM
Oh, well. I'm just a cut and paste type of guy. I do no research.

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 01:41 PM
That snopes article has some very fundamental flaws in it. The production units of Citgo are almost totally run by PDVSA executives who are nothing more than political appointees by Chavez. They replaced the "old guard" from top to bottom after the strike, and most of those guys aren't allowed to work anymore, as they have been blacklisted.

Is there a site like snopes for the stuff on snopes?

:D

The
9/21/2006, 01:56 PM
So, we boycott CITGO, and support instead radical Islamist regimes?

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 01:58 PM
So, we boycott CITGO, and support instead radical Islamist regimes even more than we do already?

Fixed. :mad:

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 02:06 PM
Bud light = best domestic beer

Woa. High praise indeed! :rolleyes:

But oh so WRONG anyway.

Even my bro Tuba and I see eye to eye on this one. ;)
And I don't buy Citgo gas, either.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 02:15 PM
So, we boycott CITGO, and support instead radical Islamist regimes?

No,

First we urge that drilling be opened off Florida and California coast.

We encourage deep water Gulf drilling.

We open ANWR to drilling.

We encourage shale oil research resumption and help Canada out with oil sands recovery.

We encourage opening our gas fields and support research into Gas to Liquids research.

We encourage research and development of alternative energy forms, forms that can be easily marketed through traditional venues first and then non-traditional or new infrastructure next.

SeattleOUstudent
9/21/2006, 02:32 PM
You know I say, **** you Venuzuela.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Dane-Cook-02.jpg

JohnnyMack
9/21/2006, 02:36 PM
No,

First we urge that drilling be opened off Florida and California coast.

We encourage deep water Gulf drilling.

We open ANWR to drilling.

We encourage shale oil research resumption and help Canada out with oil sands recovery.

We encourage opening our gas fields and support research into Gas to Liquids research.

We encourage research and development of alternative energy forms, forms that can be easily marketed through traditional venues first and then non-traditional or new infrastructure next.

You need a time machine to make that stuff feasible.

It was easier to get in bed with the brown man, surely he won't cause us trouble. Will he?

The
9/21/2006, 02:41 PM
What we need is a Manhatten Project to come up with a variable alternative. Isolate the nations best scientists (and steal some German scientists while we're at it) in a remote location, and keep them there until they come up with the answer.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 03:14 PM
Biomass & Hydrogen is the future, I am convinced of it.

Unfortunatly, it takes petroleum to make just about everything right now.

Except Bud Lite, which is made from horse****.

Mjcpr
9/21/2006, 03:17 PM
Biomass is the future, I am convinced of it.

Frickin' sweet....I've been stockpiling it ever since I quit smoking.

The
9/21/2006, 03:17 PM
Nuclear powered cars.
We need them now.

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 03:20 PM
Biomass & Hydrogen is the future, I am convinced of it.

Light a turd, stop a terrorist.

Widescreen
9/21/2006, 04:05 PM
Nuclear powered cars.
We need them now.
Haven't they already invented Mr. Fusion?

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 04:11 PM
Haven't they already invented Mr. Fusion?

We might have to wait until 2015 for that.