PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Knight statement on OU on cold pizza

nBoSTP
9/21/2006, 09:11 AM
Good Ole, Bobby basically said that karma finally struck the sooners. He said he doesn't feel sorry for us because he asked our basketball team to give back a win 3 years ago. He said the win was controversial and that we chose to ignore it and just take the win.

ADs_Agent
9/21/2006, 09:14 AM
I don't take account into anything Knight says, how creditable can a guy be who chokes his players?

GreenSooner
9/21/2006, 09:17 AM
Not that it's ever a good idea to take anything that Bobby Knight says seriously, but has anyone actually called for the Ducks to give us back the win?

I actually think folks have been pretty focused on the officials, the Pac-10 conference, and the NCAA. And to the extent there's been a request to change the outcome it's to eliminate OU's loss, not to eliminate Oregon's win (that is let both teams count it as a win, or not to count the game at all). In fact, Stoops has said that if he'd been in Belotti's shoes, he'd have played the post-game situation just like him.

If Bobby Knight still blames OU -- as opposed to the time keeper -- for that loss, he's just confirming a lot that we already know about his personality structure. Class act, as always.

stoopified
9/21/2006, 09:35 AM
Many fans have but Coach Stoops hasn't unlike Knightsweat.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2006, 10:06 AM
Wow, I wonder where he was duing last year's football game with them? I don't see them giving that one back. Is is nothing but a no talent @$$ clown. My wife is a Tech grad and I pray to God one day I run in to him when we go there for a football game so I can be on ESPN for having a salad tossed at me!

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 10:12 AM
Just another reason to pound the crappy TT football team into the turf this November.

BTW, we really haven't commented on the fact that TT looks really, really average this year. 3 points against TCU? Good grief. I heard Mike Leach wasn't a happy camper after that game.

caphorns
9/21/2006, 10:19 AM
This is the last thing Coach Captain Morgan needed this year. He should ear poke Bobby when he sees him.

oumartin
9/21/2006, 10:21 AM
maybe he is right.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 10:26 AM
maybe he is right.

Well maybe it's karma that Knight finds himself a caricature of himself and finishing up his career coaching in Lubbock, Texas.

He is the poster child for the cliched term, "Has Been."

ADs_Agent
9/21/2006, 10:28 AM
Bobby Knight has been a has been for almost 20 years now, he hasn't posted a good team since the year he won the title with Indiana

oumartin
9/21/2006, 10:29 AM
I'd trade a basketball win for a football win any day.

soonerlaw
9/21/2006, 10:30 AM
It would be karma if one of his players hit him with a chair and then choked him. Where is Latrell Spreewell when you need him.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/21/2006, 10:44 AM
hmmmm did u say Bobby Knight.....nuff said ;)

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 10:48 AM
I saw last weeks TT game and it was awful. Although, i don't like them, i do remember they were always able to cover their spread by scoring lots of points. Needless to say they deserve what they get for last's years bad call.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2006, 11:00 AM
Nearly four years later and the man still hasn't gotten over that call.

What could have been done about that situation was done. And the moment the rule change was made, Knight should have gotten over it.

Taxman71
9/21/2006, 11:02 AM
Bobby Knight is trying everything in his power to remain relevant to the world. Logos on his sweater, horrible reality shows and speaking up about football games, etc. He needs to be put down.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/21/2006, 11:12 AM
maybe he is right.

Probably is.

I think Bobby Knight sniffs Armadillo farts but I agree that he at least has a point in this case. It might not be granny smith apples to granny smith apples but it isn't apples to oranges.

TT did get hosed in that b-ball game, not that losing one conference basketball game is as big as losing one conference football game. Of course I think the call(s) in the TT football game as bad as they were don't match up as the Oregon screw job.

Karma though would be Knight slipping and falling on a chair and getting KO'd only to wake up to find he is being t-bagged by Joseph Szendrei.

picasso
9/21/2006, 11:39 AM
Bobby Knight will find out about real karma when he stands before God.

sooneron
9/21/2006, 11:43 AM
Why does that loser feel the need to speak out about a football game? He's a loser, plain and simple. I hope TT loses all their games.

caphorns
9/21/2006, 11:51 AM
Bobby Knight will find out about real karma when he stands before God.

Knight's an enigma in this regard. I think his record of charity is extremely good. He was just created an ahole. Depending on the metrics applied, I think Bobby could slot ahead of several current NCAA coaches . . . like Mark Mangino (who sticks that gluttony deal in God's face daily).

Flagstaffsooner
9/21/2006, 11:56 AM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight, whose Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma on a controversial call three years ago, said he knows how fans feel about wanting a forfeit after OU's loss to Oregon on Saturday.
Knight called for Oklahoma to forfeit its basketball game with Tech on Jan. 20, 2003, when the Sooners won 69-64 in overtime at Norman after two clock controversies in the final seconds of regulation. Video replay later showed the game clock started late after OU in-bounded the ball on the game-tying drive.
"Maybe now those people at Oklahoma understand what I was talking about," Knight told The Oklahoman.
"Had Oklahoma forfeited that game against us like I suggested, they would have gotten far more positive publicity out of that than if they had gone to the Final Four that year. Now I guess the 'duck' is swimming in the other pond."
Oregon scored two touchdowns late to beat Oklahoma 34-33, including the game-winner that came after the Ducks recovered an onside kick. Video replay showed Oregon touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards, but the replay official did not overturn the call.
The replay official, Gordon Riese, who was suspended by the Pac-10 for one game, requested a leave of absence for the remainder of the season, the league announced Wednesday.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 12:00 PM
Yes, cause with that win Texas Tech probably would have won the national title or had a shot at it.

Not that our football team is in that position, but one regular season basketball game in college hoops is about as important as one possession in one game in college football.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/21/2006, 12:01 PM
When dealing with someone who has no respect for the university where he is employed (referring to ole Bobby cutting in front of the Chancelor of TTU on the street, placing his car in park, getting out and yelling at the BOSS OF THE UNIVERSITY at one of the busiest intersections in lubbock) you must take his words with a grain of salt. Besides who cares about Texas Tech Basketball, Mike Leach is on our side, he knows we got jobbed 222x in our last 2 losses, but he is cool about it, he and Bob are old pals :) .

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2006, 12:07 PM
We went to the Final Four in 2003?

Wow, Bobby must be going senile.

Sooner-N-KS
9/21/2006, 01:04 PM
I didn't see the basketball game in question, but Knight is comparing apples to oranges.

Last weekend we had a clear opportunity for the officials to fix what was wrong, but they refused to do that.

Three years ago, Knight is saying that the clock was started .7 seconds late, and they didn't realize it until they got home. You can't say that with 5 or 6 seconds in the game that the winning score couldn't have been made if the clock started on time. He was watching the clock, and shot at the buzzer. I think could have done the same thing with .7 seconds less time.

oumartin
9/21/2006, 01:08 PM
the year knight is bitchin' about is the year they went to the elite 8 and ran into syracuse

Ardmore_Sooner
9/21/2006, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry, Hollis Price was going to score regardless. Nuff said

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2006, 01:21 PM
I didn't see the basketball game in question, but Knight is comparing apples to oranges.

Last weekend we had a clear opportunity for the officials to fix what was wrong, but they refused to do that.

Three years ago, Knight is saying that the clock was started .7 seconds late, and they didn't realize it until they got home. You can't say that with 5 or 6 seconds in the game that the winning score couldn't have been made if the clock started on time. He was watching the clock, and shot at the buzzer. I think could have done the same thing with .7 seconds less time.

Actually, the clock stopped twice in the last 30 seconds of play.

First, when Tech had the ball. Then it stopped for a few seconds on Hollis' drive to the bucket. Was this a case of deliberate clock manipulation? There was no way to say it was. The fact that it also stopped when Tech had the ball indicates this might have been a technical glitch.

The Big 12 did the only thing it realistically could have done by changing the rule about who gets to assign the clock operators.

BeetDigger
9/21/2006, 01:38 PM
Just another reason to continue to disregard Tech. If I see a car driving like a total asshat, I can rest assured that it will have a Tech logo on the back.

Check it out for yourselves the next time you are out driving.

A car is double parked: Tech logo.

A guy is riding your bumper in spite of the fact that he can clearly see that the guy in front of you is driving slow: Tech logo.

Some SUV is weaving because the driver is dialing the phone, reaching for something in back and/or fiddling with the navigation system: Tech logo.

Trying to cross the street in a school zone and a car is driving over the speed limit and won't stop to let you cross: Tech logo.

Trash comes flying out of the window: Tech logo.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2006, 01:45 PM
The car that was double parked here at work yesterday had a Longhorn logo on the back.

That pretty much blows your theory out of the water, Beet. :D

picasso
9/21/2006, 01:59 PM
Knight's an enigma in this regard. I think his record of charity is extremely good. He was just created an ahole. Depending on the metrics applied, I think Bobby could slot ahead of several current NCAA coaches . . . like Mark Mangino (who sticks that gluttony deal in God's face daily).
I don't know about that. Knight doesn't show most people due respect. you know, the ole love they neighbor treat others the way you want to be bit.

donating money to charity does not make up for being a first class jerk.

heck, Hugo Chavez gave out free lamp oil to the poor of Harlem today.

caphorns
9/21/2006, 02:02 PM
Just another reason to continue to disregard Tech. If I see a car driving like a total asshat, I can rest assured that it will have a Tech logo on the back.

Check it out for yourselves the next time you are out driving.

A car is double parked: Tech logo.

A guy is riding your bumper in spite of the fact that he can clearly see that the guy in front of you is driving slow: Tech logo.

Some SUV is weaving because the driver is dialing the phone, reaching for something in back and/or fiddling with the navigation system: Tech logo.

Trying to cross the street in a school zone and a car is driving over the speed limit and won't stop to let you cross: Tech logo.

Trash comes flying out of the window: Tech logo.

Occasionally they may just have this bumper sticker:

http://www.goingfaster.com/darkthoughts/draftme.gif

but I'm sure that's just a Tech fan

BeetDigger
9/21/2006, 02:19 PM
The car that was double parked here at work yesterday had a Longhorn logo on the back.

That pretty much blows your theory out of the water, Beet. :D

Ok, it's not PURE in its form. However, keep an eye out. Guaranteed, the Texas car was nicer than it would have been had it been a Tech grad.

stoopified
9/21/2006, 03:05 PM
Probably is.

I think Bobby Knight sniffs Armadillo farts but I agree that he at least has a point in this case. It might not be granny smith apples to granny smith apples but it isn't apples to oranges.

TT did get hosed in that b-ball game, not that losing one conference basketball game is as big as losing one conference football game. Of course I think the call(s) in the TT football game as bad as they were don't match up as the Oregon screw job.

Karma though would be Knight slipping and falling on a chair and getting KO'd only to wake up to find he is being t-bagged by Joseph Szendrei.
No Knightseat as usual has no relevant point as usual.Reason 1) Knightsweat asked for OU to forfeit a game, Bob Stoops has not asked UO to forfeit a game.2)The mistakes made by the refs were obvious to everyone watching the game. They were also reviewable and the review was blown.The timing malfunction/error ,whatever was noticed by no one of official standing during the game, not even Knightsweat himself.My understanding is that an ESPN crew noticed it but well after the game was concluded. Comparingthese to events is like comparing Indiana football to OU football,they ain't in the same league.

SoonerDood
9/21/2006, 03:25 PM
if Bobby Knight was a dog, he'd eat his own poop.

TXBOOMER
9/21/2006, 03:29 PM
Anyone who compares the importance of a regular season basketball win to a regular season football win is a dumb MoFo!

TXBOOMER
9/21/2006, 03:31 PM
if Bobby Knight was a dog, he'd eat his own poop.

I'm sure not being a K9 doesn't stop him.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 03:31 PM
Hell, the next thing you know, Bob knight will be popping pain pills and ****ing on the side of elementary schools.

The guy is quickly losing what little touch he had with reality.

I would hope that somebody down in Lubbock tells Bobby that there are some pretty good medications available for his OCD. Talk about harboring a grudge. BTW, has anybody ever told Bob to get over it?

Salt City Sooner
9/21/2006, 07:51 PM
I wonder if he's as willing to shoot his mouth off about the at least 3 (& closer to 4) seconds that the clock continued to run after Syracuse called timeout after Smart's hoop in the '87 title game...........

Prolly not.

madura32
9/21/2006, 09:04 PM
I think that Knight was commenting on the OU president, and the letter he sent asking for the game back. I understand it was a politically driven letter, but he should have tried to appease the OU fans a different way.

Listening to different national radio shows, he (not the coach or team), has become a joke in the worlf of college athletics.

I do find it funny that although they are two different sports, the situation is the same, where an offical changed the outcome of a game, yet the fan reaction is completely difference. Probably because basketball fans aren't as rabid as football fans.

OU-HSV
9/21/2006, 09:09 PM
Gotta love a basketball coach trying to talk football;)

OSUBeaverFan
9/21/2006, 09:16 PM
That's right, attack Knight. Attack anybody who exposes your hypocrasy.
I once had respect for Sooner fans.
Now attack me.

OU-HSV
9/21/2006, 09:19 PM
Now attack me.
Hey, I got nothing against some beaver brother :D

PenFLSooner
9/21/2006, 09:23 PM
Now attack me.

No problem RODENT! Crawl back in your hole. I never had respect for you guys. The one time you make it to a major bowl, you act like A$$holes. Trying to emulate your Hurricane heroes? Wait a minute, same coach! Guess it is hard to act classy when you get one shot about, oh say, every 50 years.

Go away. We do not need your respect!

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 09:33 PM
at some point you got to ask yourself whoTF, would ask the basketball coach at Texas Tech his opinion on anything.

picasso
9/21/2006, 09:34 PM
Hey, I got nothing against some beaver brother :D
or hypocrasy, whatever that is.

we don't attack those with opposing opinions. just the idiotic ones.

like the boneheads who say the call had no affect on the outcome. if you think that, then go ahead and call yourself arsehead.

goingoneight
9/21/2006, 09:35 PM
Just another reason to pound the crappy TT football team into the turf this November.

BTW, we really haven't commented on the fact that TT looks really, really average this year. 3 points against TCU? Good grief. I heard Mike Leach wasn't a happy camper after that game.

Yeah, I think Tech wants him gone since he's "gone so far downhill." Damn sand aggies, we'll take you back Mikey! BTW, give OUr other Mikey a call back here too, OUr defense really sux and it seems to be getting worse... :eek:

OU-HSV
9/21/2006, 09:36 PM
or hypocrasy, whatever that is.

we don't attack those with opposing opinions. just the idiotic ones.

like the boneheads who say the call had no affect on the outcome. if you think that, then go ahead and call yourself arsehead.
Heh, well said

goingoneight
9/21/2006, 09:37 PM
I'd trade a basketball win for a football win any day.

That's because a football win is worth 10x more than a basketball win... :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2006, 10:43 PM
whens the last time he made a statement on the basketball court...like winning a meaningful game

sooner969
9/21/2006, 11:33 PM
It's been a while for Bob. I'm sure he likes all the publicity he can get being stuck at TT. And about Boren being a joke, ****'em. I'm glad he said it. He's sticking up for his athletes and that's a helluva lot more than most ********* university presidents would do and that's why they're complaining. He's makin' their sorry asses look bad.

Ash
9/22/2006, 12:47 AM
whens the last time he made a statement on the basketball court...like winning a meaningful game

:les: HA!

badger
9/22/2006, 12:50 AM
bobby knight once choked a student athlete. has karma caused a student athlete to turn around and choke him?

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 12:52 AM
bobby knight once choked a student athlete. has karma caused a student athlete to turn around and choke him?

dude, you just blew my mind...

badger
9/22/2006, 12:57 AM
dude, you just blew my mind...
well, if the general is going to play the karma card :rolleyes:

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 01:18 AM
So a guy falls down a well, and karma doesn't come and save him right away. Is that karma's fault? It's karma not lassie...

(kinda stole this from my name is earl, or something)

badger
9/22/2006, 01:51 AM
So a guy falls down a well, and karma doesn't come and save him right away. Is that karma's fault? It's karma not lassie...

(kinda stole this from my name is earl, or something)
are we taking bets on which raider carries through on karma, or will he retire first?

my vCash is on the guy that won that espn reality show. He won a contest, dang it! Give me playing time, or I'll choke you!

Readyfor8
9/22/2006, 02:06 AM
are we taking bets on which raider carries through on karma, or will he retire first?

my vCash is on the guy that won that espn reality show. He won a contest, dang it! Give me playing time, or I'll choke you!

I vote me.... I have 4 years of eligibility I am 5'8'' 200 and I have a 1.5'' vertical leap.

Is Readyfor8 gonna have to choke a bitch?

David Earl
9/22/2006, 10:22 AM
Now attack me.

I have a better idea...

WHAM!