PDA

View Full Version : Reaalllll classy a**hole...

Osce0la
9/21/2006, 08:43 AM
Some of you may remember the thread I posted about a girl and her father being killed in a hit and run not too far from my house a couple of months ago. This girl was apparently a very big Auburn fan, and was a student at Auburn University (she was at home from Auburn when the hit and run happened). Well, some friends and family had set up a little memorial thing on the side of the road with flowers and various Auburn gear (hats, balloons, etc...). My wife and I drive by there the other day and some a**hat had put a Bama balloon on the little memorial thing. How low class do you have to be to disrespect someone like this? Her mom has to drive by that everyday...it's bad enough that she has to drive past the spot where her husband and daughter were killed (and where she nearly died as well), but then too have someone disrespect your daughter like that???

Needless to say, the Bama balloon has been taken down now...

Hatfield
9/21/2006, 08:52 AM
wow.

rebmus
9/21/2006, 08:53 AM
what a *********.....

sooner_born_1960
9/21/2006, 09:02 AM
It very well could have been intended as a display the even 'Bama fans feel for the loss. I wouldn't be so quick to assume malicious intent.

colleyvillesooner
9/21/2006, 09:04 AM
It very well could have been intended as a display the even 'Bama fans feel for the loss. I wouldn't be so quick to assume malicious intent.

That was my first thought. Can't think there would be too many people out there that would do that maliciously. They probably just didn't think it through to predict your reaction.

SelmaBamaFan
9/21/2006, 09:26 AM
I dunno. Every fan base hase 'em and no fan base is proud of 'em.

I guess to answer the question:

Was the Auburn stuff removed, or was the Bama balloon just added to the rest? I'm pretty sure that if the Bama fan was trying to be a smart ***, he/she would have taken the Auburn stuff.

Czar Soonerov
9/21/2006, 09:48 AM
ROLL TIDE!!!

:eek:

SelmaBamaFan
9/21/2006, 09:49 AM

Frozen Sooner
9/21/2006, 09:59 AM

That's my thought as well.

Osce0la
9/21/2006, 10:38 AM

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 10:39 AM
I hate roadside memorials. No disrespect for the dearly departed, I just hate those things...

frankensooner
9/21/2006, 10:44 AM
Road-side memorials are okay, but I hate it when people turn cars into rolling memorials. That just seems lame to me, putting "In loving memory of Brandon" and the date of his birth and demise on the back glass. It just seems wrong.

Widescreen
9/21/2006, 11:01 AM
I would certainly interpret it as a slap in the face. Why not just a general sign of condolence? If my kid was killed in an accident and some random person put a big poster of Bevo there, I'd be looking for a throat to punch.

Of course if it was my son, he'd probably appreciate the gesture. :mad:

leavingthezoo
9/21/2006, 11:06 AM

right on. that's what i was assuming as well.

now, if they'd taken down all the auburn stuff and replaced it with 'bama stuff... i'd understand being angry.