PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it amazing how

nBoSTP
9/21/2006, 12:23 AM
The Media can turn on Oklahoma at the drop of a hat. Two days ago the media actually had sympathy for us and our team. Now they want us to stop whining and just go away. This is a double edged sword because if no one had made a stink about it in the first place then the whole problem would have been just swept under the rug. If the fans do make a stink about it then the sooner nation is just a bunch of crybabies. We cant win either way. One thing though that nobody has mentioned on any media service that I know of is that this was the second time that Oklahoma has had a game stolen from them in the past 10 games. Any fan base in the country would react the same way if this happened to them twice in less than a year. I think the tide really started to turn on us when the death threat story broke. So thanks for whoever did that. Thoughts anyone?

Blue
9/21/2006, 12:26 AM
Stoops talked about dropping Washington on Tuesday. ESPN talked about the press conference on Tuesday.

ESPN decided to run that story on Wednesday. ESPN then said we need to get over it.

**** you ESPN. They made it sound like Stoops was still bitching on Wednesday, when in fact, he stated on Tuesday, "This will be the last time I adress this issue."

Unbelievable.

sooneron
9/21/2006, 12:35 AM
We're still on the front page of the espn coll fb page as the headline. Shocker.

batonrougesooner
9/21/2006, 12:43 AM
The media doesn't care about the truth or objectivity. They care about headlines and storylines. They like to paint all of our fans as lunatics calling this ref at all hours of the night with death threats. They know it wasn't like that. They like to portray Stoops as crying about pulling out of the Washington game if we don't get our way. They know this also isn't true. He is just making the point to try to pressure the PAC-10 into reviewing their policies. Everybody should understand this.

The media (ESPN) likes to produce shows with loud-mouth generally ignorant sports guys to argue with each other. It gets people fired up and talking on message boards. Never have they been about fairness.

It is funny how we as fans get a hard-on when these ***-hats say something good about OU, but want to firebomb their homes when they say something negative. We are pigs being led to the trough my friends.

Blue
9/21/2006, 12:48 AM
It is funny how we as fans get a hard-on when these ***-hats say something good about OU, but want to firebomb their homes when they say something negative. We are pigs being led to the trough my friends.

Not me. I know they don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

Buncha sad geeks and ex-jocks. It's too bad the next generation is growing up thinking that this is a normal way for adults to interact.

the_ouskull
9/21/2006, 12:50 AM
We're not helping... we being "Soonerfans" on the whole. I know that a lot; MOST, of the fans on this board aren't the dumbsh*t type that would send death threats to someone, but the fact remains that someone DID do just that, and THAT is why people are losing sympathy; THAT is why people are losing patience. We've gotten the bitching, which was never going to do any good in the first place, our of our collective systems, and now, frankly, it's time to put it away, and concentrate, first on MTSU, who almost always covers (ahem) and then on Tejas.

the_ouskull

Jewstin
9/21/2006, 01:00 AM
You know, I honestly think that if our players come out and play with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the season and we run the table, the people in the right positions will look at this game and take the action we're all wanting ... ala, not holding it against us.

At this time, though, the notion of not counting it just seems silly in their eyes because everyone has us pegged to lose at least another two games.

If I were Texas, I'd be worried. This is the worst possible thing that could've happened for them.

Two and a half weeks away, and I'm already pumped.

Blue
9/21/2006, 01:04 AM
We're not helping... we being "Soonerfans" on the whole. I know that a lot; MOST, of the fans on this board aren't the dumbsh*t type that would send death threats to someone, but the fact remains that someone DID do just that, and THAT is why people are losing sympathy; THAT is why people are losing patience. We've gotten the bitching, which was never going to do any good in the first place, our of our collective systems, and now, frankly, it's time to put it away, and concentrate, first on MTSU, who almost always covers (ahem) and then on Tejas.

the_ouskull

If this would have happened to Bama, the dude would already be dead.(joke for those who think it isn't)

Anybody hear about what happened to the booster in the Albert Means case?