PDA

View Full Version : This Picture Deserves Its Own Thread

FaninAma
9/20/2006, 07:49 PM
For some reason it made me laugh in a Three Stooges sort of way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/goodpain/allenpatrick.jpg

QuiteRightSlick
9/20/2006, 07:51 PM
That picture says it all, I saw it earlier today.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/20/2006, 08:08 PM
were there really toom any OU players on the field?

BoonesFarmSooner
9/20/2006, 08:09 PM
No, we had 11

OUTrumpet
9/20/2006, 08:41 PM
were there really toom any OU players on the field?

It was right next to the Oregon bench I think.

boomersooner28
9/20/2006, 08:42 PM
Reggie is pointing at AP like "hey guys...guys...the ball is right there."

LiteCOL
9/20/2006, 08:47 PM
Let's see, if they had already rewarded the ball to Oregon at that point, why in hell is the ref still digging through the pile???

tulsaoilerfan
9/20/2006, 08:49 PM
That ref digging through looking for the ball needs to be farked into all bad events in world history

Wishboned
9/20/2006, 08:49 PM
Right then we should have taken our ball and gone home.

swardboy
9/20/2006, 08:50 PM
Pic of the Year!!!!!!

FlatheadSooner
9/20/2006, 08:55 PM
I'd like to see that one on front page of all major sport webs. :mad:

QuiteRightSlick
9/20/2006, 08:57 PM
He should have run for a touchdown !

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/20/2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78602

TheLadiesMike
9/20/2006, 09:16 PM
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1626/refsearchwx2.jpg

Someone posted this on an OU student website....

AlabamaSooner
9/20/2006, 09:31 PM
Someone should go and post that all around the Oregon campus. That's BEYOND incriminating evidence.

tulsaoilerfan
9/20/2006, 10:40 PM
Let's see, if they had already rewarded the ball to Oregon at that point, why in hell is the ref still digging through the pile???
Maybe he's looking for the bags of $?:pop:

Soonerpsycho
9/20/2006, 11:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/refasshat.jpg

Wishboned
9/20/2006, 11:00 PM

Looking for his glasses?

I'd say the way his hands are he's copping a feel on a couple of the Ducks.

nautiduck
9/20/2006, 11:04 PM
Uh, guys. The play was blown dead. It's football, not rugby.

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, it was pretty much blown dead before the ball was in anyone's possession!@

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:08 PM
It was blown dead, after we recovered the damn thing.

Ike
9/20/2006, 11:09 PM

So if a play gets blown dead when neither team has possesion of the football then what? Does that mean its the refs ball at the 20?

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:10 PM
It was blown dead, after we recovered the damn thing.
No, the whistle blew before ANYONE had the ball.

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 11:11 PM

And the ref usually jumps into the pile and looks for the ball AFTER it is blown dead. It seems to cause a lot less injury for them.

nautiduck
9/20/2006, 11:12 PM
OK, my last post. I have had season tix to the Ducks for 30 years. I love my team. I was at the game. Great college football game. The refs blew a major call and pretty much ruined it for everyone. Oregon did not cheat. Our coaches did not cheat. Our fans did not cheat. Everyone, except the ref, did what they are supposed to do. I wish you the best. Please play Washington, we hate the Huskies.

sooner13f
9/20/2006, 11:12 PM
Uh, guys."Quack" The play was blown dead."Quack" It's football,"Quack" not rugby."Quack>
Fixed...

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:15 PM
OK, my last post. I have had season tix to the Ducks for 30 years. I love my team. I was at the game. Great college football game. The refs blew a major call and pretty much ruined it for everyone. Oregon did not cheat. Our coaches did not cheat. Our fans did not cheat. Everyone, except the ref, did what they are supposed to do. I wish you the best. Please play Washington, we hate the Huskies.
Oh yeah, we want to beat the dogs for you fags. GMAFB.

I hope you lose the rest of your games.

Anyone remember those days?

Ike
9/20/2006, 11:16 PM
Please play Washington, we hate the Huskies.

I'll pass that along to Joe C. I'm sure that will influence him.

Please pressure your conference to drop its stupid PAC-10 refs at home rule.

Ash
9/20/2006, 11:20 PM
OK, my last post...

Not a moment too soon.

Oh, and please feel free to never come back and visit.

Thanks.

Bye now.

nautiduck
9/20/2006, 11:26 PM
OK, one more.

Q: What is the most common form of sexual foreplay in Oklahoma?

A: "sis, wake up."

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:27 PM
Damn, he's good.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2006, 11:28 PM
I've been to Portland.

I can attest that your state has it's own fair share of WT's.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:29 PM
OK, my last post. I have had season tix to the Ducks for 30 years.

Why in the hell would someone sit thru 30 years of ****ty football? Much less PAY for it?

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:30 PM
OK, one more.

In Portland/Eugene, it's " uh, sis please shave your legs!!!"

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:31 PM
One more question... Why are UW's Cheerleaders so much hawter than your's???

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:32 PM
One more question... Why are UW's Cheerleaders so much hawter than your's???
Its cause the UDub cheerleaders are trying to appeal to men, not the butch lesbians, gay dudes and shemales that make up most of UO.

Blue
9/20/2006, 11:33 PM
OK, one more.

You stay classy, Nautiduck. And Go **** yourself.

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews/anchorman.jpg

Blue
9/20/2006, 11:34 PM
Why in the hell would someone sit thru 30 years of ****ty football? Much less PAY for it?

S&M. He's a sick puppy.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:43 PM
S&M. He's a sick puppy.
I think its more like those people who get off crapping on each other.

Hell, I'd rather get shat on for an hour than waste 30 precious years of my life watching miserable Duck Football.

Blue
9/20/2006, 11:48 PM
I think its more like those people who get off crapping on each other.

Hell, I'd rather get shat on for an hour than waste 30 precious years of my life watching miserable Duck Football.

That's almost good enough to be my sig...:D

SoonerMom2
9/20/2006, 11:48 PM

Are you sure you are a Nike Duck fan? The way you spam these threads, you sound more like someone from one of the orange schools in the Big 12 being a pest. If you are a Nike Duck, then you need to quit trying to spin like Bill Clinton and admit it that the Nike Ducks were handed the game by the officials.

You cannot award the ball to a team until find out who recovered the ball which is common sense which is lacking in your posts.

sooneron
9/20/2006, 11:49 PM
Ooh, there's a new Mom in town...

Landthief 1972
9/20/2006, 11:55 PM
OK, one more.

You must be Gordon Riese, because only he would confuse a Sooner with what is obviously a patented OK Aggy line spoken nearly every morning in Stoolwater.

Landthief 1972
9/20/2006, 11:56 PM

You're right. The guys on our rugby team would have throat-punched your idiot Pac-10 refs for those blown calls, then slept with their wives.

Jewstin
9/21/2006, 12:10 AM
You're right. The guys on our rugby team would have throat-punched your idiot Pac-10 refs for those blown calls, then slept with their wives.

LMAO ... and he's not talking about the MEN'S rugby team either ... ;)

rainiersooner
9/21/2006, 12:24 AM
OK, one more.

That's interesting, Duck. I live in Seattle, as you can tell from my screen name. I just spent the last three days in Portland and surrounding areas on business. Oregon reminds me of what the rest of the country thinks of Oklahoma. Honestly, I have been to the remotest parts of Oklahoma and felt less likely to have a deliverance moment. And Portland is full of nasty, hairy legged chicks, and recovering junkies. Your state sucks and is the step-child to Washington, so run back to your silly little anarchist commune in Eugene, loser.

KingDavid
9/21/2006, 01:35 AM
It's football, not rugby?

The rugby thread is here: http://www.dumbphuckduck.com

KingDavid
9/21/2006, 01:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/refasshat.jpg

Laughed so hard I cried.

tru2ou
9/21/2006, 08:15 AM
For some reason it made me laugh in a Three Stooges sort of way.

Placing this picture next to the photo a Stansberry intercepting the ball in bounds in 1984 would make an interesting poster.

- Tru

OUmillenium
9/21/2006, 09:44 AM
That pic is now my desktop background.

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 10:43 AM
same here. background pic on my computer.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/21/2006, 11:15 AM
He should have run for a touchdown !

Are you crazy? Then it would have been "Touchdown Oregon!" We would have lost it right there.

BTW, everyone knows that the ducks didn't cheat. We just have a hard time counting that as a loss, when it took a monsterous error to have the game outcome changed.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 11:15 AM
I just sent an e-mail to a billboard company in Eugene. For kicks and giggles I am going to see how much a billboard for the remainder of the football season would be to rent. I think it would be funny as hell if a bunch of OU fans chipped in and put that picture on a billboard in Eugene.

Diggs2005
9/21/2006, 12:03 PM
I agree that would be funny....

Williesan
9/21/2006, 12:25 PM
So if a play gets blown dead when neither team has possesion of the football then what? Does that mean its the refs ball at the 20?

Revert to the rules for an inadvertant whistle. Team in possession of the ball can take the ball at the spot at the point of the whistle (oh wait - nobody has possession!) or the team that started the play can replay the down - at the same distance (or in this case - re-kick.)

Rarely happens these days, but them's the rules.

Williesan

OUMallen
9/21/2006, 12:39 PM

Idiot.

OUMallen
9/21/2006, 12:40 PM
I just sent an e-mail to a billboard company in Eugene. For kicks and giggles I am going to see how much a billboard for the remainder of the football season would be to rent. I think it would be funny as hell if a bunch of OU fans chipped in and put that picture on a billboard in Eugene.

Let the board know.

OK2LA
9/21/2006, 12:42 PM

Some guys did that out of Louisiana last year - I think that their website was -

www.onepeat.com

- they ended up putting a bilboard up across from the Colisseum that said something to the thought of:

Don't you need to win more than one to be considered a dynasty?

I think it's about 10k per month - probably less in Eugene.

OK2LA
9/21/2006, 12:52 PM
There is also a place on that website that offers a monetary award for "college rivalry themed artwork"

I'm sure with all of the Farker's around here, someone could make some good money with this OU/uo thing . . . check it out -

http://www.onepeat.com/profit.htm

dougsooner
9/21/2006, 03:43 PM
OUr player did fall on the ball, roll over and then stand up. That is when this picture was taken.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 03:51 PM
dougsooner, sorry if I am stating the obvious, but you DO know that Garth Brooks song says, "...lonely women and bad booze..." not "lonely women with bad boobs" don't you?

If this has been joked about before, my bad...I missed it.

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2006, 03:53 PM
No, the whistle blew before ANYONE had the ball.
Correct; listen to the video of the broadcast and the refs clearly blow the whistle WAY too early

TrophyCollector
9/21/2006, 03:55 PM

I'm in for $100.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
9/21/2006, 03:58 PM
I've got $100 on it too.

The Maestro
9/21/2006, 04:03 PM
Update...waiting to hear back from Rick Smith of Lamar Advertising in Eugene. I'll start a new thread with the info when I hear back from him.

GregJackP
9/21/2006, 04:50 PM
Why not modify it a bit, say to this?

Click on it for full size - sorry, I'm not very good at posting images....

fadada1
9/21/2006, 04:51 PM
i'm for $100 - gotta be some kind of tax write-off in there.

fadada1
9/21/2006, 05:40 PM
i put that as my computer background as well.

the longer i look at it, the worse i feel.

has anyone sent this to espn, cnnsi, oregon, the pac10, the ref in the picture???

how pathetically stupid.

i think i'm going to throw up.

Rogue
9/21/2006, 09:32 PM
Revert to the rules for an inadvertant whistle. Team in possession of the ball can take the ball at the spot at the point of the whistle (oh wait - nobody has possession!) or the team that started the play can replay the down - at the same distance (or in this case - re-kick.)

Rarely happens these days, but them's the rules.

Williesan

Actually...since the kick was touched by the kicking team before it travelled 10 yards the ball is dead there. If there is a tear in the space-time continuum and that never happened, then see the rule you referenced. If you gonna play fast and loose with the facts, son, you gotta come stronger'n that there.

Getem
9/21/2006, 09:33 PM
It's amazing what you see when you actually slow the replay down and look at it...
http://ok-wood.com/ou-recovery.jpg

picasso
9/21/2006, 09:38 PM
so if the play was blown dead. and they can't find who has the ball. the offense get's it regardless right?

also, those Duck players ain't acting like it's a dead play.

belch.

I'll put in 5 dollars for someone to fart in Bellotti's office.

FaninAma
9/21/2006, 10:16 PM
so if the play was blown dead. and they can't find who has the ball. the offense get's it regardless right?

also, those Duck players ain't acting like it's a dead play.

belch.

I'll put in 5 dollars for someone to fart in Bellotti's office.

I'll do it for a beer and a side order of grilled jalapeno's with onions from Chelino's with both being consumed about 30 minutes before I leave ol' Mike my calling card.

picasso
9/21/2006, 10:19 PM
I'll do it for a beer and a side order of grilled jalapeno's with onions from Chelino's with both being consumed about 30 minutes before I leave ol' Mike my calling card.
be sure and lock the door behind you.:D

Williesan
9/21/2006, 10:30 PM
Actually...since the kick was touched by the kicking team before it travelled 10 yards the ball is dead there. If there is a tear in the space-time continuum and that never happened, then see the rule you referenced. If you gonna play fast and loose with the facts, son, you gotta come stronger'n that there.

Agreed Rogue - but in the craptacular scheme of things that happened on Saturday, they ruled that an Oklahoma player touched the ball. At this point, it could have been reviewed on **when** the whistle blew, and who was in possession at that point. (Contrary to Gordon Reise's explanation, they can review that. Look up the football rules on ncaa.org - Rule 12: Instant Replay)

If they would have done that, they SHOULD have seen that the ball had never been in possession of either team. Then they would have had to revert to the inadvertant whistle rule.

Williesan

Soonerdaddy
9/21/2006, 10:39 PM
If he had run with it, it would have at least drawn some immediate attention to the fact he recovered it, blown dead or not.

mfosterftw
9/21/2006, 10:53 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/farkingduck.jpg

Marc

SwooshOU
9/22/2006, 06:27 AM
How's the billboard coming along?

85sooners
1/10/2011, 04:02 PM
Fuk Oregon!!!!!!!:mad:

NormanPride
1/10/2011, 04:29 PM
Cheaters. If they win tonight, Phil Knight should get the trophy.

SoonerStormchaser
1/10/2011, 04:51 PM
It wasn't Oregon who ****ed us over that day...it was the ****ing zebras. I have no malice towards Oregon, just their uniforms.

MR2-Sooner86
1/10/2011, 04:58 PM
It wasn't Oregon who ****ed us over that day...it was the ****ing zebras. I have no malice towards Oregon, just their uniforms.

I wish I could but...no. **** Oregon in the ****ing neck. I hope Auburn murders them or they cheat them out of the title. After that, everything will be equal and then I'll let it go.

soonergirlNeugene
1/10/2011, 05:02 PM
Hey, I live here in Eugene. I was at the game and spent the next 3 years on the Oregon campus getting my law degree. Take it from me, the people around here know it was a bad call and would rather not have had that call happen. They act like I think most of us would have if the shoe was on the other foot. Certainly there was an axe to grind, but I hope we can all distinguish that it was with the way the game was officiated rather than the way the Oregon football team played.

Ike
1/10/2011, 05:08 PM
I really hope this is a close ballgame. And then I hope that with less than a minute to play, Auburn is given the W by a blown call that would make Enrico Polazzo proud.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 05:19 PM

^^^THIS. +1

Kilmer
1/10/2011, 05:24 PM
Oregon's fault or not, I still don't like them.

WAR EAGLE!

85sooners
1/10/2011, 07:02 PM
***** Oregon Fans can all go to hell fuk u all

jdd12
1/10/2011, 08:11 PM
**** OREGON RWAWRAARRARWRARR

ok, feel better...go Auburn...just FYI...OKLAHOMA is going to be the one to break the SEC stranglehold

edit: oh and lol at me...i had to pause the game to let my wife finish watching one of the dumbest movies in history...case 39

OUNASH
1/10/2011, 08:50 PM
Soonerpsycho: Your picture is priceless. I just spit my beer all over my laptop.

soonergirlNeugene
1/10/2011, 09:24 PM
That grass looks really slick.

Dio
1/10/2011, 10:23 PM
all you people saying "Oooh it wasn't Oregon's fault" - do you think the 84 * game really was a tie too?

WAR DAMN PLAINSEAGLETIGERMEN!!!

freshchris05
1/11/2011, 02:00 AM

"You're an image caught in time"