PDA

View Full Version : ESPN POLL. Is OU making too much of this?

Duke o Brewery
9/20/2006, 06:56 PM
ESPN.com POLL

Is Oklahoma making too much of the officiating error in the Oregon Game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

Vote. Bottom Right.

Jewstin
9/20/2006, 07:00 PM
How much you wanna bet there's at least 70,000 people in that poll that read that and vote "yes" simply because they hate Oklahoma?

Silly ESPN.com polls.

SoonerLB
9/20/2006, 07:06 PM
Yessir, that seems to be the case. We need to vote anyway though.

olevetonahill
9/20/2006, 07:09 PM
ESPN.com POLL

Vote. Bottom Right.
couldnt find it :confused:

mrowl
9/20/2006, 07:11 PM
IBTM

GDC
9/20/2006, 07:12 PM
So the huge corporate 24/7 "Entertainment and SPORTS Programming Network(s)" are wondering if we might be taking our SPORTS a little too seriously, bless their hearts.

Widescreen
9/20/2006, 08:05 PM
Gee, guess which state is the MOST against us? :rolleyes:

william_brasky
9/20/2006, 08:09 PM
Wow. The state of Nebraska supports us. Awesome. I miss you guys (pre-Callahan).

mizzOUstu702
9/20/2006, 08:12 PM
Well basically the people voting "Yes, now let's move on" most likely haven't seen the plays that were messed up and/or the impact they had on the game. Sure the voters might have read the stories, or whatnot, but they don't know or care about the degree of the damage. For me, personally, if this big of a deal had been made about the LSU/Auburn game's pass interference call, I'd probably tell the Bayou Bengals to get over it, simply for the fact that I don't know much about the situation...plus it's LSU...

OUWxGuesser
9/20/2006, 08:32 PM
Hell... I voted yes. I'm so sick of hearing about this crap. The refs screwed up... so be it. At least everyone has ackowledged the injustice. Time to move on people!

All I ask for in return is consideration if we somehow go through the rest of the season undefeated (not going to happen).

boomersooner28
9/20/2006, 08:40 PM
WTF!?!?!?

Shouldn't it read: "Is the national media making too much of this?"

:mad:

ClintonSooner
9/20/2006, 08:53 PM
down in almost every state...biased bjtches...o well we got kansas...heh

LiteCOL
Gee, guess which state is the MOST against us? :rolleyes:
Colorado's not too far behind. They can join the PAC-10 at any time...:D

badger
this is for all the resident lsu tiger fans that are still hungover from the sugar bowl--- but supporting ou's drive for reform:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2378/champsagainststupiditygf1.jpg
thank you, louisiana. now please punch Les Miles for me :D

olevetonahill
9/20/2006, 08:56 PM
ESPN.com POLL

Vote. Bottom Right.

I click link . I no see pole !:confused:

LosAngelesSooner
9/20/2006, 09:00 PM
Just ridiculous...

olevetonahill
9/20/2006, 09:06 PM
Just ridiculous...
tru dat
its over and done

crawfish
9/20/2006, 09:11 PM
Heh. LSU is with us, at least this week. :)

tbl
9/20/2006, 09:11 PM
The media is definitely the one still going on about it. Boren made his statements BEFORE the PAC-10 or refs had said anything. The only person that has said anything else beyond that is Stoops and he was being prodded by the media. Frankly he should have zipped his lip and been trademark jerk-Stoops to the guys, but obviously it's still close to the heart for him.

I am DONE with this entire issue. Let's whip the dog poo out of MTSU, then get in two extremely hard weeks of preparation for October 7.

sooneron
9/20/2006, 09:30 PM
We need to move on, somewhat. However, the media isn't letting it go either. Why is the headline on the front page "The Argument Rages On" with Stoops there? As of yesterday, Stoops said it was time to move on to focus on MTSU.

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 09:45 PM
If it were a blown call, I could have moved on, but any reasonable person knows it wasn't. PAC 10 commish and head ref says plenty of angles, Gordo tells AP his medical history for sympathy (even though he's not allowed to give interviews) and that he only had one angle. Even though PAC 10 rules say they use the TV feed.

I'm ****ed that OU has to take a loss from it yes, but more ****ed that some jack asses - be it Gordo the big UO homer or Phil Knight buying some good calls - ****ed with college football and got away with it free and clear. Yes media, the story is that OU is making too big a deal of it - give me a ****ing break. These jack asses f'd with games just like Pete Rose and the Black Sox and let's make David Boren the story - wholly ****. How about getting to the bottom of it instead?

rhombic21
9/20/2006, 09:46 PM
Holy ****, you need help.

Ike
9/20/2006, 09:47 PM
hey, they need some filler for this week since there are not really very many games to get the whole country fired up about. tOSU and Penn St? whoopee. Domers and Spartans? meh. Michigan and Wisconsin? eh, it may be alright. Cal and ASU? that could be OK...depends on if the PAC-10 scripted it to a blowout or an exciting shootout.

after that, as far as national appeal goes, there really arent any exciting matchups. Auburn and Buffalo? This is why you don't get into title games Auburn. K-State and Louiville...fun for us big 12ers, but not really many other people. Georgia and Colorado...how many ways can you say ouch?

so really, the national sports media has to keep covering this story, at least for this week, until there is the next big upset, otherwise people might forget to listen to the blowhards this week.

Socrefbek
9/20/2006, 10:21 PM
Holy ****, you need help.

Wrong Rhombic. Trophy Collector is correct. It was not two blown calls. They were not screw ups. They were intentionally and knowingly made wrong calls. It is not possible to "accidentally" screw up that bad.

If they smell like:twinkies: , look like :twinkies: and taste like :twinkies: then a reasonable person would say they were :twinkies:

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 10:26 PM
Wrong Rhombic. Trophy Collector is correct. It was not two blown calls. They were not screw ups. They were intentionally and knowingly made wrong calls. It is not possible to "accidentally" screw up that bad.

If they smell like:twinkies: , look like :twinkies: and taste like :twinkies: then a reasonable person would say they were :twinkies:

I'm the TrophyCollector and I approve this message.

Duke o Brewery
9/20/2006, 10:31 PM
Just because we all want to get the last word in. :pop:

FOXSPORTS POLL:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb

Vote, Bottom Right. Again.

nautiduck
9/20/2006, 10:38 PM
Oh my goodness, now you think it is a Phil Knight conspiracy. I guess it's "OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind goes whistling through our brains." Bad call by the ref. The Pac - 10 apologized. Life moves on. And let's be honest here, no way you are good enough to be national champions. And neither are my beloved Ducks. Both UO and OU are good solid teams but both will lose a game or two more. Maybe we'll see you in the Holiday Bowl again. That would be a matchup made for TV.

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 10:44 PM
This is a bad call, no this is a horrible and completely inept football official.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/goodpain/allenpatrick.jpg

The guy in the replay booth was a cheater.

Ike
Oh my goodness, now you think it is a Phil Knight conspiracy. I guess it's "OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind goes whistling through our brains." Bad call by the ref. The Pac - 10 apologized. Life moves on. And let's be honest here, no way you are good enough to be national champions. And neither are my beloved Ducks. Both UO and OU are good solid teams but both will lose a game or two more. Maybe we'll see you in the Holiday Bowl again. That would be a matchup made for TV.

I question the apology....and here's why. He claims there was some equipment malfunction that did not allow him to see the whole replay. Yet the field official claimed that there was "CONCLUSIVE VIDEO EVIDENCE." something stinks there.

rhombic21
We'll see about a national championship. It's still early in the season, and Stoops teams traditionally peak around the first of October when conference play rolls around.

But I agree that claims of a Nike conspiracy make us look stupid. Get off it people. Oregon won the game on the scoreboard, but not in the opinions of most college football fans, almost all of whom, by now, realize that OU should have won the game if not for a blatantly bad call. There's no need to go on an inquisition for blood at this point. Now, instead of the story being about the ridiculous officiating that kept us from winning, the story becomes about how Oklahoma is a buch of whiners and sore losers who harbor paranoid thoughts about the college football world and it's agenda to "get us".

Stop sending emails. Stop calling radio shows. That might have been necessary for the first day or two after the game, but not anymore. Our point has been made. MOVE ON.

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 10:47 PM
Oregon won the game on the scoreboard, but not in the opinions of most college football fans, almost all of whom, by now, realize that OU should have won the game if not for a blatantly bad call.

Yea, I could really tell by the media and coaches who voted in the poll.

You have the opinion it was a bad call, I completely disagree.

Pepper
9/20/2006, 10:48 PM
ESPN is full of it. They post articles every day about OU-Oregon, and blame the OU fans for it? OU fans are going to make a big deal about it, but it's the media who has grasped on to this story and plastered it all over the front page of every football web site. Last I checked I have no power to choose what stories ESPN covers or not.

rhombic21
9/20/2006, 10:56 PM
Yea, I could really tell by the media and coaches who voted in the poll.

You have the opinion it was a bad call, I completely disagree.
Most of those votes were cast before it became clear what happened. The Duck is right. We had the nation's sympathy on Sunday, but between our President demanding that the game be expunged, our fans acting like lunatics with no perspective or grasp of reality, and our threats to cancel our upcoming game with Washington, we have squandered it all.

bweezie
9/20/2006, 11:04 PM
let em have the damn win. everyone knows they didn't beat oklahoma.

TrophyCollector
9/20/2006, 11:09 PM
Most of those votes were cast before it became clear what happened. The Duck is right. We had the nation's sympathy on Sunday, but between our President demanding that the game be expunged, our fans acting like lunatics with no perspective or grasp of reality, and our threats to cancel our upcoming game with Washington, we have squandered it all.

So F right and wrong, let's go with popular opinion? Hmm, guess we know how you vote.

Plano UT
9/20/2006, 11:10 PM
I have waited a long time to post because I know you guys needed to blow off steam this week..............You are starting to sound like democrats over the 2000 election.

You got screwed. We all know it but you can do nothing about it. Your SCHOOL president is starting to sound like A-Rod on the rag.

I love the Sooner Nation for its pride and for the accomplishments (though I could care less for Switzer and how he did it). Stop crying and focus on the rest of the season.

If for whatever reason you are screwed out of the the MNC and/or the BCS, bring it up again. Let it rest for now.

Duke o Brewery
9/20/2006, 11:12 PM
Point of order. Our president requested that the game be expunged. He did not demand.

Plano UT
9/20/2006, 11:24 PM
And Al Gore "requested" a recount that the Florida Supreme Court said no to. Either way they both sounded like babies.

sooneron
9/21/2006, 12:21 AM
I have waited a long time to post because I know you guys needed to blow off steam this week..............You are starting to sound like democrats over the 2000 election.

You got screwed. We all know it but you can do nothing about it. Your SCHOOL president is starting to sound like A-Rod on the rag.

I love the Sooner Nation for its pride and for the accomplishments (though I could care less for Switzer and how he did it). .
Yes because the stadium in Austin is named after a guy that never got ut into probation.

william_brasky
9/21/2006, 12:27 AM
And Al Gore "requested" a recount that the Florida Supreme Court said no to. Either way they both sounded like babies.

hey buddy, without Al Gore you wouldn't have the internet.

now shut up and go to bed to your lotion and Matthew McConaghey scrapbook.

rhombic21
9/21/2006, 12:52 AM
So F right and wrong, let's go with popular opinion? Hmm, guess we know how you vote.
It's football man. You need to grow up and learn how to cope. Calling people cheaters and accusing them of taking a bribe is simply ridiculous.

If they wanted to cheat us, why would they have waited until then to do so? Think about it man. Oregon had to score a TD before they could even set their plan in action, so why would they wait until 1:12 left to go in the game to cheat us? It was incompetence and poor officiating, but to suggest that it was done maliciously is ridiculous, and makes you look like a fool.

GDC
9/21/2006, 07:48 AM
I have waited a long time to post...

No one missed you, please keep on not posting whorn.

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 09:03 AM
That poll demonstrates only that Americans have short attention spans.

Pricetag
9/21/2006, 09:12 AM
I think we should move on, but I voted "no" out of principle. All these people who are trying to blow this back at us can take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned.

We got monumentally screwed, just five games removed from something similar happening to us last year, no less. We can bitch as much as we want over this. It's just talk. If you don't like it, don't print it, or don't read it. Don't you dare get ****ed at us.

UNSeeN_
9/21/2006, 10:26 AM
I guess the poll isn't up anymore. Anyone know the results of it?

GDC
9/21/2006, 10:38 AM
If the link works here's another poll.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/Polls/PollForm1.asp