PDA

View Full Version : Redneck crash on I35 in Moore

Jerk
9/20/2006, 06:05 PM
This happened Monday but I guess I should post it anyway.

You know how I-35 is going through alot of construction around 12th street in Moore?

Well, me and a friend were coming back from Davis loaded with rocks around 5:30pm that day and traffic started to back up there.

You know how the left hand lane ends on the north bound side just before the Sheilds exit? They have barrels and a big honkin' flashing arrow pointing ---> That is, MERGE RIGHT!

Anyway, this blue pick-up truck tried to race up in the left lane and beat a truck to the construction. He didn't make it, and crashed into the barrels hard. Truck totalled.

On the back of the cab in big letters it said "Get R Done!"

Hehe. He got r done alright.

Oh well.

I guess you just had to be there.

ETA - did any of you Tulsans see that red Corvette ON FIRE today in Sapulpa on I-44?

Jimminy Crimson
9/20/2006, 06:17 PM
I guess the idiot missed the STATE LAW: MERGE NOW sign about 500 feet before that. :D

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 07:54 PM
Last time I drove past there there was also a HiPo sitting just past that sign with a camaro pulled over. :D

Petro-Sooner
9/20/2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, but what type of rock was it? :D

nm

Jerk
9/20/2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, but what type of rock was it? :D

nm

Well..it was "class A 1½"

That's what they use in concrete alot.

I'm sure the load would have paid better if it was 25 tons of crack.

Jerk
9/20/2006, 09:20 PM
I guess the idiot missed the STATE LAW: MERGE NOW sign about 500 feet before that. :D

I think he ignored it and met Mr. Orange Barrel.

Soonrboy
9/20/2006, 09:21 PM
I love Karma.

Jerk
9/20/2006, 09:25 PM
Just before this happened, my friend pulled over in the left lane to block another pick up truck from doing this...We do it because people who wait till the last second to merge is what causes slow downs..anyhow, this dude swerves into the shoulder and my friend also goes left, but "just enough" to let him by. I told him I was surprised he let him by, but he said he decided to have mercy. It's amazing how people will risk their lives in order to save a few seconds.

Jerk
9/20/2006, 09:26 PM
Last time I drove past there there was also a HiPo sitting just past that sign with a camaro pulled over. :D

That's awesome.

SoonerJack
9/20/2006, 09:32 PM
Just before this happened, my friend pulled over in the left lane to block another pick up truck from doing this...We do it because people who wait till the last second to merge is what causes slow downs..anyhow, this dude swerves into the shoulder and my friend also goes left, but "just enough" to let him by. I told him I was surprised he let him by, but he said he decided to have mercy. It's amazing how people will risk their lives in order to save a few seconds.

You and your friend are collectively "the man".:D I don't know how many times I have wanted to block people from doing that very thing. Those tools:texan: don't realize how much they slow down traffic for everyone.