9/21/2006, 08:56 PM
He couldn't spell it.

Blue
9/22/2006, 01:18 AM
He couldn't spell it.

Gold!

Desert Sapper
9/22/2006, 01:41 AM
Maybe suc doesn't have enough linebackers.

southern sooner
9/25/2006, 10:48 PM
i will be surprised if we lose him, we have been behind him through all of his education junk... He seems to be a future stud!!!

KingDavid
9/26/2006, 12:14 AM
if so, that's a big-time betrayal given how much we've stuck behind him . . .

usmc-sooner
9/26/2006, 07:12 AM
shouldn't this guy be a Sr. next year? Remember the last time we had a Juco guy who took 3 years to get out of Juco.

okienole3
9/26/2006, 12:44 PM
shouldn't this guy be a Sr. next year? Remember the last time we had a Juco guy who took 3 years to get out of Juco.

Aubrey Beavers?

usmc-sooner
9/26/2006, 02:02 PM
Aubrey Beavers?

Chijoke

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/26/2006, 02:11 PM
Aubrey Beavers?

beavers was a prop 48. he was at OU for 4 years...

The Consumate Showman
9/26/2006, 03:31 PM
Right now, I would be surprised if Patterson sets another foot inside the state of Oklahoma unless it's to play a game against one of the Oklahoma teams...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/26/2006, 03:53 PM
well, can you blame him? we may not have burned the bridge, but we doused it with gasoline and were twirling burning torches while doing the african anteater ritual atop it.

southern sooner
9/26/2006, 03:56 PM
What did we do that has turned him sour? Or was it more academic standards set by big 12?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/26/2006, 04:09 PM
we advised him about what classes to take and some of them didn't transfer, leaving him ineligible. its been noted on more than one occasion that jucos can get into pac 10 conference schools much easier than any other conference, because of their lenient policy on electives.

toast
9/26/2006, 04:37 PM
boy this is going to break a bunch of hearts on jamse hael's board...

sooneron
9/26/2006, 10:22 PM
we advised him about what classes to take and some of them didn't transfer, leaving him ineligible. its been noted on more than one occasion that jucos can get into pac 10 conference schools much easier than any other conference, because of their lenient policy on electives.
I thought that was his adviser in Miami???

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/27/2006, 01:36 AM
I thought that was his adviser in Miami???

do you really believe we are that hands off? of course, everything is "voluntary", but we monitor academic progress of incoming recruits like they were on campus. why do you think we get so many "grade risks" eligible? part of the reason for the bile was that he worked his tail off to get eligible here and then when he finally graduated, we couldn't take 6 credits. now part of that was his fault with him dropping 1/2 of his classes every semester, but i'm sure from his viewpoint it isn't.

the question is now whether that mistake pushes him away or not...

sooneron
9/27/2006, 11:16 AM
do you really believe we are that hands off? of course, everything is "voluntary", but we monitor academic progress of incoming recruits like they were on campus. why do you think we get so many "grade risks" eligible? part of the reason for the bile was that he worked his tail off to get eligible here and then when he finally graduated, we couldn't take 6 credits. now part of that was his fault with him dropping 1/2 of his classes every semester, but i'm sure from his viewpoint it isn't.

the question is now whether that mistake pushes him away or not...
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

okienole3
9/27/2006, 11:43 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

HORSE****!!!

The Consumate Showman
9/27/2006, 10:08 PM
Guys, here's my take on the whole thing. I really do think that Chris genuinely loves OU and its football program. Now having said that, I think he absolutely H A T E S NEO and its entire school as a whole. The kid is from Chicago for Christ's sake and he has to go to BFE Oklahoma from being one of the nation's most highly saught after LB prospects...not a good scenario. Then, after he pays his dues at that hell-hole, he is told that he can't come to the place he TRULY wants to play at. I think that right now there is just a lot of general frustration on his part that he has basically had to waste the better part of three years of his life on small college ball not getting the national recognition he so desperately wants and dfinitely could/should have gotten. Now, is he to blame...sure. Is OU partly to blame as well...you better believe it. We should have been monitoring him and his academics MUCH MORE closely than we did or didn't do... I have met Chris and I can tell you that he seems to generally LOVE OU and its program. I asked him about what he thought about finally getting to come to OU after such a long road and he told me that it was the happiest he had ever been in his life and that he was glad to see that OU fans hadn't forgotten about him (this was of course before he found out about not being able to attend). Could Chris end up back at OU??? Sure, but he is closer to home now and his frustration might just keep him close to home...I think he is visting USC just to get the free trip in before he has to settle in to wherever he is going to go...I sure would like to have him though...he is a S T U D LB.

KingDavid
9/27/2006, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=I sure would like to have him though...he is a S T U D LB.[/QUOTE]

Wicked fast. Reminds me of Lehman watching his videos.

Speaking of JC linebacker recruits . . . looks like we've got a stud in Mike Reid. I don't know much about him . . . anyone?

snp
9/29/2006, 10:10 PM
Reid was suppose to go to Florida or Auburn but DNQ. I forget which.

Tore it up first few games last year and got injured had to sit out the rest. Looks to be a solid MLB.

stoopified
10/3/2006, 04:13 PM
i will be surprised if we lose him, we have been behind him through all of his education junk... He seems to be a future stud!!!That may well be but at his current rate he will be thirty years old when he finally gets here.

Pigface1
12/5/2006, 03:33 PM
Anything new on Patterson?

Rhino
12/5/2006, 04:04 PM
He was supposed to visit Ole Miss last weekend. Haven't heard how it went, but sounded like he really liked them beforehand.

He stated last month that Mississippi, Oregon, Minnesota, Memphis, Temple and Iowa State are all under consideration. No mention of OU. Sounds like we really screwed the pooch.

Widescreen
12/5/2006, 04:13 PM
This is weird. He was one of the most pro-OU recruits I've ever seen. Did we decide he's not any good?

The Consumate Showman
12/5/2006, 04:17 PM
He was supposed to visit Ole Miss last weekend. Haven't heard how it went, but sounded like he really liked them beforehand.

He stated last month that Mississippi, Oregon, Minnesota, Memphis, Temple and Iowa State are all under consideration. No mention of OU. Sounds like we really screwed the pooch.

I think we may want to start looking at Chris and start asking the quesstion: Why?

Why wasn't he here when we originally recruited him? Why did he not make it on to campus then?

Why was it that it seemed he could never qualify to make it at OU? Why would he not pay closer attention to what needed to be done to get to a certain school if he really wanted to go there?

Now, think if these questions in reference to you. Look at your life and ask yourself (you college grads or college folk) some of these questions. Why would you not take care to make 100% for positive sure that the couorse work you were taking was FOR SURE going to get you to wherever it is that you want to go, like, say, a degree??? I can attest that when I was close to graduating, I took about 100 of those course work sheets that shows what all classes you HAVE to have to graduate and kept them on my person at all times when talking to my advisor and professors because I sure as hell wasn't going to spend not one extra day in college if I could avoid it.

Chris is a great LB and would have been a great prospect at OU, but it seems that ship has sailed and all I can give you is five words to help us all forget about Chris Patterson:

Mike Reed and Austin Box.

The Consumate Showman
12/5/2006, 04:19 PM
This is weird. He was one of the most pro-OU recruits I've ever seen. Did we decide he's not any good?

I think he was just careless and didn't give his academics the attention they needed.

Rhino
12/5/2006, 04:41 PM
Or followed ill-informed advice as to what transferred as what from JUCO.

Bloomer_Sooner
12/5/2006, 04:54 PM
Chris is a great LB and would have been a great prospect at OU, but it seems that ship has sailed and all I can give you is five words to help us all forget about Chris Patterson:

Mike Reed and Austin Box.

Curtis Lofton

starrca23
12/5/2006, 05:14 PM
Ryan Renolds

snp
12/5/2006, 05:34 PM
Patterson was more highly touted than Box, Reed, Lofton and Reynolds. It sucks to miss out on a guy like this, he really got screwed over.

Or followed ill-informed advice as to what transferred as what from JUCO.

This.

RacerX
12/5/2006, 05:35 PM
I think he was just careless and didn't give his academics the attention they needed.

Yeah, since the 9th grade.

I'm not blaming OU.

starrca23
12/5/2006, 05:38 PM
Double RR was a five star recruit and the number one lb in his class (I think). Paterson was high, but can you get much higher. Maybe he is the Ryan Leaf of linebackers.

KYHonorarySooner
12/5/2006, 08:59 PM
If the kid can't get his academics in order it is on the kid. I know the whole story about how his credits didn't transfer but this does not go back on OU.

The Consumate Showman
12/5/2006, 11:31 PM
Curtis Lofton

I was referring more to the incoming group of LB's we have coming in on this class.

KingDavid
12/6/2006, 12:27 AM
I wish Patterson well . . . but I have my doubts he'll ever succeed given the evidence so far. If he's got his act together . . . then he should be coming here to play. Looks to me like he dug himself a "bad reputation" hole with the coaches and decided to start over somewhere else . . . which is never a good sign. Those issues will follow him.

Mike Reid looks every bit the stud that CP would have been. Reynolds is going to have a monster year next year.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2006, 10:31 AM
Watching Lofton, Pleasant, and Baker performing over the last few weeks has made me feel really, really good about the future of our LBs. That goes double if Reynolds returns at 100% and looks as good as he did in the Army All-America game as a HS senior. That goes triple if Reed or Box comes in as an instant contributor. That goes quadruple if somebody like Lamont Robinson or Brandon Crow takes their game to the next level in the Spring/Summer. In other words, Chris Patterson would have been nice to have, but we're looking healthy without him.

Archangel
12/6/2006, 11:29 AM
One knock on Patterson, if anyone's been looking at him, is the fact that he's 3 years out of high school and still only weighs 215. I mean, Nic Harris is bigger and we have him playing the hybrid/safety. I for one am totally in favor of larger LBs. One reason why I don't believe Baker will ever be a full time starter(at LB). Baker, the poor kid, only weighs 210. That's safety size.

We should be set next year. Lofton(240), Reed(250), and Reynolds(240).

KingDavid
12/6/2006, 09:33 PM
One knock on Patterson, if anyone's been looking at him, is the fact that he's 3 years out of high school and still only weighs 215. I mean, Nic Harris is bigger and we have him playing the hybrid/safety. I for one am totally in favor of larger LBs. One reason why I don't believe Baker will ever be a full time starter(at LB). Baker, the poor kid, only weighs 210. That's safety size.

Given Harris size and speed and development over the next year, the above three are going to be PLENTY. Add in Pleasant . . . and whoever else decides to rise from the depths of the depth chart . . . and Patterson will never be missed.

OUmillenium
12/6/2006, 10:45 PM
well, can you blame him? we may not have burned the bridge, but we doused it with gasoline and were twirling burning torches while doing the african anteater ritual atop it.

Some of your recent posts(like this one) have been record breakers! Keep em comin.

OUmillenium
12/6/2006, 10:46 PM
Watching Lofton, Pleasant, and Baker performing over the last few weeks has made me feel really, really good about the future of our LBs. That goes double if Reynolds returns at 100% and looks as good as he did in the Army All-America game as a HS senior. That goes triple if Reed or Box comes in as an instant contributor. That goes quadruple if somebody like Lamont Robinson or Brandon Crow takes their game to the next level in the Spring/Summer. In other words, Chris Patterson would have been nice to have, but we're looking healthy without him.

I'm thinking Box will contribute next year...somewhere. Physical and smart on the field. Mmmm Get to see him up close Friday night.

snp
12/6/2006, 10:49 PM

Weights from recruiting sites are right about .0001 % of the time. There's no telling what he would bulk up to if he was in OU's system for a while. He could bulk 15-20 pounds by next fall.

SoonerGM
12/6/2006, 11:11 PM
i forgot CP even existed until i stumbled on to this thread.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2006, 11:47 PM
I have a feeling that in 2010 We ll still have a Chris Patterson thread

Collier11
12/7/2006, 12:33 AM
Mmmm Get to see him up close Friday night.

Tell me that Box isnt a closet type of fella?? DAMNIT!! ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/7/2006, 10:45 AM
Just don't want Patterson to play for a team we play on a regular basis, or for suc, either.

colleyvillesooner
12/7/2006, 04:47 PM
Patterson will be the Chijioke that never made it to Campus.

Collier11
12/7/2006, 05:49 PM

Its really too bad that Chijoke never made it in, by all accounts that guy ran like 4.2 fourty yard dash and was going to be an all-american. Thats really too bad!!

Archangel
12/7/2006, 09:51 PM
Weights from recruiting sites are right about .0001 % of the time. There's no telling what he would bulk up to if he was in OU's system for a while. He could bulk 15-20 pounds by next fall.

That info cam from Joliet Community College's Athletic site, whether it's accurate or not, I can't say. It's not like he hasn't been in a system. OU's system might be top tier, but it's not going to be night and day different from what he's been going through. Some people just do not have the ability to gain weight.

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/7/2006, 10:09 PM

Sad but true...

SoonerGM
12/8/2006, 12:19 AM
Some people just do not have the ability to gain weight.

anyone can gain weight with the proper diet + exercise routine + determination. unless you have some serious hormonal imbalances, in which case he prolly shouldnt play football.

SoonerGM
12/8/2006, 12:21 AM
Its really too bad that Chijoke never made it in, by all accounts that guy ran like 4.2 fourty yard dash and was going to be an all-american. Thats really too bad!!

wheres the love for poor chijoke? i know he stunk it up most of the time, but i thought he did pretty well his last season and most of the pass interferance calls on him were bogus(in his last season).

Archangel
12/8/2006, 10:00 AM
anyone can gain weight with the proper diet + exercise routine + determination

If a person has trouble gaining weight, then that routine definitely does not include running. I agree, everyone can gain weight to some degree, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can put it on and keep while playing football.

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2006, 10:57 AM
wheres the love for poor chijoke? i know he stunk it up most of the time, but i thought he did pretty well his last season and most of the pass interferance calls on him were bogus(in his last season).

It's a bang to Hype ratio thing. He was so over Hyped, there was no way he could live up to it.

SoonerGM
12/8/2006, 02:55 PM
If a person has trouble gaining weight, then that routine definitely does not include running. I agree, everyone can gain weight to some degree, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can put it on and keep while playing football.

i just disagree. its more simple than people think. if you cant gain you need to eat more. the basic formula is: calorie intake > calories used. you actually have to count them, not just "eat a lot". i could really go in to this pretty heavy, but we are way off track now :)

but i will just say that in general younger people will have a more difficult time of course because of a higher metabolism. so hard in fact that it may seem "impossible".

CobraKai
12/12/2006, 05:25 PM
I worked hard to gain weight in college. I worked my way up to 24 beers and one pizza shuttle triple option per day and still could not put on much weight, and clearly I was pretty disciplined and motivated.

starrca23
12/13/2006, 09:17 AM
It's probably hard to gain wait when Schmitty is running your *** off. Not that Patterson will ever know.