PDA

View Full Version : D Senator says the plan is not to cut and run but to leave as soon as possible

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 03:41 PM
that straight from the mouth of Senator Jackson Lee (I think)

not really a political thread just a dumbass comment I thought was funny.

mdklatt
9/20/2006, 03:46 PM
Isn't Bush's plan to leave as soon as possible, too? I certainly hope so. The only disagreement is when exactly ASAP is.

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 04:05 PM
Republican Plan : "We'll stand down as they stand up" == Vietnamization Redux
Democrat Plan : "Vietnamization didn't work. Let's just leave NOW."

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think either is particularly appealing.

The
9/20/2006, 04:08 PM
Not a flame, but an honest question..
What exactly is our mission there right now?

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:10 PM
I think I made it clear that it wasn't a political thread.

They asked her if her plan was to cut and run and she said absolutely not our plan is to leave as soon as possible. I just thought that was stupid. She got caught spouting rhetoric yet when they asked her a question she screwed it all up.

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 04:12 PM
They asked her if her plan was to cut and run and she said absolutely not our plan is to leave as soon as possible. I just thought that was stupid. She got caught spouting rhetoric yet when they asked her a question she screwed it all up.

*shrug*, what does "as soon as possible" mean? Does it mean, "As soon as we can get our bags packed", or "As soon as the situation is stable, and our leaving won't result in the total collapse of Iraqi society?"

Basically, she was saying nothing at all. :/

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:14 PM
Not a flame, but an honest question..
What exactly is our mission there right now?

If your asking me, your asking the wrong person, but my response is we're trying to set a country on it's feet, that we toppled. By doing that we have a strong foothold right in our enemies backyard.

If we got out now or to soon, guess who would sweep in and take control, including the oil? Iran.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:16 PM
*shrug*, what does "as soon as possible" mean? Does it mean, "As soon as we can get our bags packed", or "As soon as the situation is stable, and our leaving won't result in the total collapse of Iraqi society?"

Basically, she was saying nothing at all. :/

dude, read my first post I thought it was funny at the way it came out of her mouth. Not political. Just funny. If you don't find it funny then so be it. But I'm a Bushie and I thought it was.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:19 PM
*shrug*, what does "as soon as possible" mean? Basically, she was saying nothing at all. :/

cut n run :O

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 04:19 PM
*shrug* Maybe I just don't find politicians saying a whole bunch of nothing to be funny anymore :(

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:21 PM
*shrug* Maybe I just don't find politicians saying a whole bunch of nothing to be funny anymore :(

oh bull****, everytime Bush stumbles through a speach you guys think it's hilarious.

I do to, sometimes. But don't try and act like you've never laughed at the same thing.

Ike
9/20/2006, 04:27 PM
oh bull****, everytime Bush stumbles through a speach you guys think it's hilarious.

I do to, sometimes. But don't try and act like you've never laughed at the same thing.

I agree with you on Bush...but its not because of what he is saying or not saying(mostly), but his butchering of the english language.

Here, I just find this "meh" funny....because we have no idea what this person meant by "ASAP"

It is funny in that "cut and run" and "leaving ASAP" do sound similar...but If'n I'm actually taking her seriously, I want to know what she meant by "possible".

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:36 PM
ok

I thought it was funny as in if you asked you girlfriend do you want out of this relationship now? and she absolutely not just ASAP.

I understand the difference between cut-n-run and ASAP

but politcally she stammered though her plan, which was to ask the world for more help. Hey Senator that's a great idea why hasn't anyone else thought of it.

Pricetag
9/20/2006, 04:38 PM
"Cut and run" is a politically loaded statement that is not synonymous with leaving as soon as possible, IMO.

Ike
9/20/2006, 04:38 PM
ok

I thought it was funny as in if you asked you girlfriend do you want out of this relationship now? and she absolutely not just ASAP.

I understand the difference between cut-n-run and ASAP

but politcally she stammered though her plan, which was to ask the world for more help. Hey Senator that's a great idea why hasn't anyone else thought of it.

ahh...now the stammering...thats funny, but it doesn't come across well on the interweb. And having a "plan" of begging for help is funny too. Especially if it involves a powerpoint presentation, which I'm sure it will.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/20/2006, 04:40 PM
FYI, she's a rep. Not a senator

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:43 PM
FYI, she's a rep. Not a senator

well now that makes it a real knee slapper :D

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 04:51 PM
Redeploying to Victory always makes me giggle like a little skool girl.

Okla-homey
9/20/2006, 04:59 PM
Isn't Bush's plan to leave as soon as possible, too? I certainly hope so. The only disagreement is when exactly ASAP is.

I'm fine with leaving now if we can nuke the whole region on the way out of town.

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 05:07 PM

Oh, I used to. I just don't anymore.

It can be really funny when the short bus kid does something stupid... right up until the point where you realize he's packing. Then it's not very funny anymore.

OCUDad
9/20/2006, 08:23 PM
I think I made it clear that it wasn't a political thread.What the heck is wrong with you people? How many times does usmc-sooner have to tell you this is NOT a political thread before you get the message and stop politicking it up?

All he did was repeat a politician's comment about a politically sensitive subject and observe that it was "dumbass." Heck, he even shortened the politician's political affiliation from "Democrat" to "D" just to prove this isn't a political thread.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 08:59 PM
What the heck is wrong with you people? How many times does usmc-sooner have to tell you this is NOT a political thread before you get the message and stop politicking it up?

All he did was repeat a politician's comment about a politically sensitive subject and observe that it was "dumbass." Heck, he even shortened the politician's political affiliation from "Democrat" to "D" just to prove this isn't a political thread.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

take it how you want. I've explained how and why I thought it was funny. I've admitted I'm a Bushie.

I never thought some of you Democrats would crap your pants over what this lady said.

As far as your politically sensative subject and dumbass remark. I'll let that one go with I've done more, been more places, gotten more up close and personal, than you or 90% of the politicians on either side on this matter and you seem to be more sensative than me about it.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 09:13 PM
Let's see you just started posting, never ever posts about Sooner football on a predominately Sooner Football fan site. Hell it's football season and your more worried about this. You've already PM'ed me. There is something very LAS like about you.

OCUDad
9/20/2006, 09:19 PM
Actually, I've been posting for over a year, the PM was months ago on a different topic (for which you apologized), and until now I was unaware the South Oval is a football forum.

You sure complain and whine a lot. Are you SURE you're not a liberal Democrat?

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 09:27 PM
Actually, I've been posting for over a year, and until now I was unaware the South Oval is a football forum.

You sure complain and whine a lot. Are you SURE you're not a liberal Democrat?

what am I complaining about? I thought it was funny, the same way I think some of the President's sound clips are funny. Just thought it was wierd that you are on a Sooner board but have no sports related posts in the past several days. You have in past threads compare people who disagree with you to Osama Bin Ladin, PM me trying to explain yourself (even though I don't care) Yes I apologized after what you pmed me isn't that what you were looking for?

If you aint LAS, you sure have his MO down

WILBURJIM
9/20/2006, 09:36 PM
If we got out now or to soon, guess who would sweep in and take control, including the oil? Iran.

When we leave Iraq, it does not matter, now, or ten years from now, Iran will control much of the goings on in Iraq. There is no escaping that. We set the table and guess who's coming to dinner.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 09:39 PM
When we leave Iraq, it does not matter, now, or ten years from now, Iran will control much of the goings on in Iraq. There is no escaping that. We set the table and guess who's coming to dinner.

if and when that happens me and my brothers in the mean green will be coming for dinner. We'll eat our's and theirs too.