PDA

View Full Version : MSM Mum on HATE BUSH speeches at UN by Iranian mouth and Chavez of Venezuela

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/20/2006, 03:19 PM
No condemnation of their speeches by MSM. Surprising?

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 03:32 PM
Does anyone in America actually give a **** what Chavez says about America?

Besides, if the MSM condemned Chavez every time Chavez said something stupid, then everything they ever printed would be about Chavez.

SoonerProphet
9/20/2006, 03:33 PM
Does anyone really give a sh!t what is said at the UN anyway?

OklahomaRed
9/20/2006, 03:34 PM
That's not right for any country's leader to come into another country's backyard and call them the devil. These guys have an obvious agenda. If people do not understand their intent after listening to their speeches, then there's nothing anyone can say to change their minds. I say kick the dip out of the country and don't let him back in. JMO.

Widescreen
9/20/2006, 03:36 PM
Frankly I'm shocked they granted him an entry visa.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 03:42 PM
Does anyone really give a sh!t what is said at the UN anyway?

no

you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 03:43 PM
Frankly I'm shocked they granted him an entry visa.

they didn't he snuck over the boarder. :D

yermom
9/20/2006, 03:56 PM
:lwm:

yermom
9/20/2006, 03:56 PM
i'm more surprised we'll let him leave ;)

picasso
9/20/2006, 04:06 PM
not just Bush. the idiots are ragging on the people of our country in general.

Chavez has poor folks out the keester and he's preaching this nonsense.
I also read where he and Iranian figure head person president went to the east side to shoot a rap video.

Ike
9/20/2006, 04:34 PM
not just Bush. the idiots are ragging on the people of our country in general.

Chavez has poor folks out the keester and he's preaching this nonsense.
I also read where he and Iranian figure head person president went to the east side to shoot a rap video.

I heard it was a remake of "Me So Horny"

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 04:44 PM
who was it that sang "You dropped a bomb on me"

homerSimpsonsBrain
According to the talking heads, Chavez just screwed the pooch. He wanted one of the rotating seats on the security council. This speech almost assures Guatamala of the seat.

yermom
The Gap Band i think

picasso
9/20/2006, 04:52 PM
who was it that sang "You dropped a bomb on me"
Greenwood Archer and Pinnnnnne.

Pricetag
9/20/2006, 04:55 PM
Take that, OKC! GAP Band owns The Flaming Lips' ***.

picasso
9/20/2006, 04:59 PM
and they got better hoes than Color Me Bad.

did they even like girls yo?

PhilTLL
9/20/2006, 05:01 PM
I'm watching "MSM" condemn these speeches right now (Tucker on MSNBC for the record), and it isn't the first time today. I thought you swore off the MSM besides.

What's your definition of MSM, anyway? Does it include Fox News? I can almost guarantee that the people there are struggling to retain their spittle over these guys (and rightly so).

picasso
9/20/2006, 05:04 PM
MSM sang Fantastic Voyage, right?

bri
9/20/2006, 05:44 PM
I don't speak "raving lunatic". What the hell is MSM?

9/20/2006, 05:49 PM
I'm watching "MSM" condemn these speeches right now (Tucker on MSNBC for the record), and it isn't the first time today. I thought you swore off the MSM besides.

What's your definition of MSM, anyway? Does it include Fox News? I can almost guarantee that the people there are struggling to retain their spittle over these guys (and rightly so).Good, one MSM entity condems those two idiots more than once. "Retain their spittle"???

TUSooner
9/20/2006, 05:49 PM
I don't speak "raving lunatic". What the hell is MSM?

I believe it is that stepchild of Satan, the dreaded Main Stream Media. That is, any source of information to the political left of White House Press Secretary.
You're Welcome!

rebmus
9/20/2006, 06:13 PM
thanks for asking bri... i had no idea what MSM was either.

anywho... thoughts from reading the thread.
1. who gives a crap about chavez. him and cindy s. need to marry and move to iraq with those friendly, peaceful people america is attacking without reason and drink from chocolate rivers as the children dance and play.

2. the gap band was the fookin bomb. that was one of the first records i ever owned. (yep, a "record"... that's like a big CD if you younguns don't understand).

bri
9/20/2006, 06:18 PM
I believe it is that stepchild of Satan, the dreaded Main Stream Media. That is, any source of information to the political left of White House Press Secretary.
You're Welcome!

Ah, thanks!

Question: If this is the same media that's "out of touch with the mainstream", then how are they "mainstream media"? I mean, I'd think it was an ironic sort of thing, if I thought the kind of people who use terms like MSM were capable of irony. :D

9/20/2006, 06:43 PM
Ah, thanks!

Question: If this is the same media that's "out of touch with the mainstream", then how are they "mainstream media"? I mean, I'd think it was an ironic sort of thing, if I thought the kind of people who use terms like MSM were capable of irony. :DSOOOOO cutting-edge smart.

Dio
9/20/2006, 07:00 PM
After Chavez' diatribe, Ambassador Bolton said anyone can come to America and say those things at the UN, or even out in Central Park, and it would be nice if Prez. Chavez extended those same rights of freedom of speech and freedom of the press to his own people. Heh.

SoonerInKCMO
9/20/2006, 07:24 PM
did they even like girls yo?

Oh. No. You. Di'n't!! :eek:

bri
9/20/2006, 07:29 PM
SOOOOO cutting-edge smart.

I take it this post is a placeholder until RUSH provides you with a proper answer to my Zen riddle? ;)

9/20/2006, 07:44 PM
I take it this post is a placeholder until RUSH provides you with a proper answer to my Zen riddle? ;)There ya go!

bri
9/20/2006, 07:45 PM
Man, if you were any more cryptic, you'd be Yoda.

VeeJay
9/20/2006, 08:35 PM
Words from the tinhorn buffoon:

"Yesterday, the devil came here," Chavez said, referring to Bush's address before the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday. "Right here. Right here. And it smells of sulfur still today, this table that I am now standing in front of."

...and the appropriate response:

"I am not going to dignify a comment by the Venezuelan president to the president of the United States," Rice told reporters in New York. The main U.S. seat in the assembly hall was empty as Chavez spoke, though the U.S. Ambassador John Bolton told The Associated Press that a "junior note-taker" was present, as is customary "when governments like that speak."

"Junior note taker." Heh

OCUDad
9/20/2006, 08:42 PM
Seriously (for once), why all the concern? Raving loonies have been coming to the UN and displaying their lunacy for a long long time. Those of you who are old farts or students of history may remember Soviet Premier Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table and proclaiming "we will bury you!" in 1960 or so. There have been others since, and there will be more to follow.

Rather than keep them out or throw them out, give them the opportunity to display their idiocy on the world stage. Chavez probably did as much to unite the American people with his "Bush is the Devil" tripe as any of our politicians has been able to do. And as someone pointed out, he almost certainly sank his chances for a more influential presence in the UN.

I say extend them the courtesy they don't deserve, let the American people and the rest of the world observe, and expect that eventually they will wind up as a weird footnote to history like the others before them.

bri
9/20/2006, 08:43 PM
The main U.S. seat in the assembly hall was empty as Chavez spoke, though the U.S. Ambassador John Bolton told The Associated Press that a "junior note-taker" was present, as is customary "when governments like that speak."

BOLTOWNED!!!! :D

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 09:17 AM
There ya go!

Brilliant!

That is an example of "irony." See, I said "brilliant" when I really meant exactly the opposite! :rolleyes:

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 09:18 AM
Seriously (for once), why all the concern? Raving loonies have been coming to the UN and displaying their lunacy for a long long time. Those of you who are old farts or students of history may remember Soviet Premier Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table and proclaiming "we will bury you!" in 1960 or so. There have been others since, and there will be more to follow.

Rather than keep them out or throw them out, give them the opportunity to display their idiocy on the world stage. Chavez probably did as much to unite the American people with his "Bush is the Devil" tripe as any of our politicans has been able to do. And as someone pointed out, he almost certainly sank his chances for a more influential presence in the UN.

I say extend them the courtesy they don't deserve, let the American people and the rest of the world observe, and expect that eventually they will wind up as a weird footnote to history like the others before them.

Harken to the voice of wisdom !

GDC
9/21/2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76704&highlight=dorks

http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060831_A2_Chave15335_A2syria31.jpg

Hatfield
9/21/2006, 09:40 AM
so i didn't see multiple stories on it?

hmmmm...odd because i could have sworn i did.

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 09:44 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76704&highlight=dorks

http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060831_A2_Chave15335_A2syria31.jpg

I didn't get nearly enough recognition for that fark.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 09:59 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060920ChavezUN01.jpg

This is greatness.

Pricetag
9/21/2006, 10:05 AM
Words from the tinhorn buffoon:

"Yesterday, the devil came here," Chavez said, referring to Bush's address before the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday. "Right here. Right here. And it smells of sulfur still today, this table that I am now standing in front of."

He must not have noticed that Kofi Annan let one rip just before he got up there.

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 10:18 AM

hmmmm...odd because i could have sworn i did.

yeah I pretty much seen it on T.V. all day until I was sick of hearing about it.

9/21/2006, 11:28 AM

hmmmm...odd because i could have sworn i did.Stories, yes. Condemnation, not so much.

soonerscuba
9/21/2006, 11:38 AM
Good Jesus in Heaven do you need to be spoon-fed everything?

Let's say I write a title of a story "Tony Blair Kills and Eats Jewish Baby" and then don't explicitly state that killing and eating babies is wrong, you are not going to take it as a condemnation?

Bad example, if eating babies is wrong, I don't want to be right.

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 11:44 AM
Bad example, if eating babies is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Even Jewish babies, Adolf?

9/21/2006, 11:45 AM
Good Jesus in Heaven do you need to be spoon-fed everything?

Let's say I write a title of a story "Tony Blair Kills and Eats Jewish Baby" and then don't explicitly state that killing and eating babies is wrong, you are not going to take it as a condemnation?

Bad example, if eating babies is wrong, I don't want to be right.What if Chavez and Iranian spokesman both said "Bill Clinton is the devil himself. I still smell the sulphur of his presence"? Do you suppose the MSM would be reacting any differently than they do when Bush is being depicted as Satan.(you are ignoring that point, which is, of course THE point of this thread)

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Stories, yes. Condemnation, not so much.

What form do expect such a condemnation to take? Is Peter Jennings supposed to read the story and finish up with, "and pardon my French, but that's some bull**** right there"?

bri
9/21/2006, 11:56 AM
See, this is what happens when people get all their news from talk radio. They don't know that the actual job of real journalists is to simply report the story...which the talk radio hosts then take off the wire and read to people like little willie, making sure to yell at all the appropriate moments.

Ike
9/21/2006, 11:59 AM
What if Chavez and Iranian spokesman both said "Bill Clinton is the devil himself. I still smell the sulphur of his presence"? Do you suppose the MSM would be reacting any differently than they do when Bush is being depicted as Satan.(you are ignoring that point, which is, of course THE point of this thread)

no, I really don't think they would. The MSM, just as, well, everybody, knows that reporting on what Chavez and/or anyone Iran allows to speak publicly are generally like reporting the latest UFO sightings in New Mexico. There's no need to condemn them by the media. ever. The media does an even better job of making them look stupid by just reporting what they say than they could ever do by issuing condemnations and appearing to be like every other countries state run media outlets.

Ike
9/21/2006, 12:00 PM
What form do expect such a condemnation to take? Is Peter Jennings supposed to read the story and finish up with, "and pardon my French, but that's some bull**** right there"?

precisely. I'd pay to see it happen.:D

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 12:11 PM
The pubz tell us that the MSM (whatever that is) is hopelessly biased and not worth paying attention to. The pubz tell us that [moonbat] is crazy and not worth listening to. So why should we care at all what the MSM is saying about [moonbat]?

And why do I get the feeling that "moonbat", which has taken the pubz lexicon by storm, was coined by Rush Limbaugh?

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 12:40 PM
The pubz tell us that the MSM (whatever that is) is hopelessly biased and not worth paying attention to. The pubz tell us that [moonbat] is crazy and not worth listening to. So why should we care at all what the MSM is saying about [moonbat]?

And why do I get the feeling that "moonbat", which has taken the pubz lexicon by storm, was coined by Rush Limbaugh?

I prefer Bushies to pubz, thank you very much:D

Mjcpr
9/21/2006, 12:42 PM
Chavez and Danny Glover romantically linked!!

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/092106_chavez_glover3.jpg

Mjcpr
9/21/2006, 12:44 PM
I'm no big fan of Bush, but I sure as hell wouldn't stand around chanting this tool's name and applauding him even if he DID give me cheap heating oil.

NEW YORK — Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Venezuelan%20President%20Hugo %20Chavez%27%29;), appearing Thursday at a Harlem Church for an oil-for-poor event, repeated his 'devil' reference hurled a day earlier at President Bush during a speech at the United Nations General Assembly.

Chavez, dressed in his signature red shirt, was introduced at the podium by activist actor Danny Glover (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Danny%20Glover%27%29;).

At one point Chavez told the crowd, "sometimes the devil takes human form," a comment that drew some boos — and applause — from the crowd who interpreted the reference to mean President Bush.

Chavez was visiting the church as part of ceremonies to announce the sale of discounted home heating oil to qualified low-income families.

The appearance came after reports circulated early Thursday morning that the Venezuelan president had left the country overnight after delivering an insult-riddled speech at the U.N. General Assembly (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27U.N.%20General%20Assembly%27% 29;) on Wednesday in which he called President Bush the 'devil.'

The crowd chanted "Chavez, Chavez, the people are with you" in Spanish as he walked into the Mount Olivet Baptist Church on Lenox Ave. in Harlem.

Chavez said he loved the American people, but that it was difficult for him to visit the U.S. because he was "threatened."

He spoke of an alliance with Cuba, a country he said had "been choked."
The event, one of a series designed to boost the Venezuelan leader's popularity in the U.S., was organized by Citgo, a Houston-based energy company that is owned and controlled by the Venezuelan government. Under a Citgo (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Citgo%27%29;) program, and in partnership with Citizens Energy, a program started and run by former Congressman Joe Kennedy II, families from low-income neighborhoods in New York, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia have the ability to purchase discounted home heating oil over winter months.

Venezuelan officials and Citgo employees handed out T-shirts prior to the event with the name of the program — "From The Venezuelan Heart To The U.S. Hearths" — printed across the front.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214973,00.html

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 12:50 PM
See, this is what happens when people get all their news from talk radio. They don't know that the actual job of real journalists is to simply report the story...which the talk radio hosts then take off the wire and read to people like little willie, making sure to yell at all the appropriate moments.

At least SOMEONE knows what a real journalist is supposed to do.

yermom
9/21/2006, 12:51 PM
who uses heating oil?

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 12:56 PM
who uses heating oil?

Yankees. :texan:

Vaevictis
9/21/2006, 12:59 PM
who uses heating oil?

I would guess that someone would, given the handwringing that happens on the news EVERY SINGLE WINTER over heating oil prices. :/ I think it's mostly in old houses in the northeast.

9/21/2006, 01:03 PM
...what Chavez and/or anyone Iran allows to speak publicly are generally like reporting the latest UFO sightings in New Mexico. There's no need to condemn them by the media... The media does an even better job of making them look stupid by just reporting what they say than they could ever do by issuing condemnations and appearing to be like every other countries state run media outlets.and besides, condemnation might make the MSM even appear pro-Bush...gotta be sure THAT doesn't happen.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/21/2006, 01:07 PM
and besides, condemnation might make the MSM even appear pro-Bush...gotta be sure THAT doesn't happen.

Thats exactly right. The fact that Righties think the press is biased left and the Lefties think the press is biased right is probably a pretty good indication they are generally independent.

Ike
and besides, condemnation might make the MSM even appear pro-Bush...gotta be sure THAT doesn't happen.

I really think that that has much less to do with it than you would like to believe. But go ahead and keep thinking that way...it is entertaining.

Gandalf_The_Grey
A) Newspapers don't come out everyday condemning Child Rapists....are you saying that the MSM in fact doesn't have a problem with child raping. 2) A guy calls us the Great Satan and tells us that our country is going to be destroyed is no different than what Fred Phelps says over breakfast every morning, just because it isn't their job to get up in arms about bat**** crazy people. It would get annoying sort of like when you get 500 threads about Oregon that all say the same thing or even worse...horn ****!!

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 01:09 PM

And saying nothing opinionated other than reporting what happens implies that they approve? 'Cause that's why you started this thread, right? You think they approve of what Chavez said?

9/21/2006, 01:14 PM
BTW, would anyone care to offer any futher comments about that "Peter Jennings" thing?

yermom
9/21/2006, 01:19 PM

strangely he didn't have much to say on this one

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/07/jennings.obit/index.html

Ike
9/21/2006, 01:23 PM
strangely he didn't have much to say on this one

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/07/jennings.obit/index.html

I knew he hated bush...

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/21/2006, 01:26 PM
BTW, would anyone care to offer any futher comments about that "Peter Jennings" thing?

Dead men tell no tales??

King Crimson
9/21/2006, 01:28 PM
Thats exactly right. The fact that Righties think the press is biased left and the Lefties think the press is biased right is probably a pretty good indication they are generally independent.

if by "generally independent" you mean curiously "easy to scapegoat" then i tend to agree. the partisan press is as old as public media so be it.....though, there are tremendous conflicts of interest in terms of ownership of media/FCC licenses and access to spectrum/corporate ad $$$ and "politics" that make indepedence a highly questionable issue. but, that's not this thread.

now, do the "MSM" stink out loud--more stylization than substance, cheesily playing to base emotions and ratings, and very RARELY even offering content in a format that might suggest deliberative reason (which if we've tossed it out the window as a normative idea....then, let's quit pretending)? yes.

but that's an issue of "news for profit" and playing to consumer "demand" in such a way that content itself is transformed into candy-like commodities.

some people believe what they read, and some people only read what they believe. both are easy targets.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/21/2006, 01:42 PM
if by "generally independent" you mean curiously "easy to scapegoat" then i tend to agree. the partisan press is as old as public media so be it.....though, there are tremendous conflicts of interest in terms of ownership of media/FCC licenses and access to spectrum/corporate ad $$$ and "politics" that make indepedence a highly questionable issue. but, that's not this thread.
Generally Independent in that they have their own agenda.
(better? :) )

now, do the "MSM" stink out loud--more stylization than substance, cheesily playing to base emotions and ratings, and very RARELY even offering content in a format that might suggest deliberative reason (which if we've tossed it out the window as a normative idea....then, let's quit pretending)? yes.

but that's an issue of "news for profit" and playing to consumer "demand" in such a way that content itself is transformed into candy-like commodities.

some people believe what they read, and some people only read what they believe. both are easy targets.

Amen.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 01:44 PM
As Rita Skeeter once told Harry Potter "The paper exists to sell itself!"

TUSooner
9/21/2006, 01:58 PM
Spek to King Crimson.
The real media bias is toward the stupid, shallow, and sensational.

bri
9/21/2006, 02:07 PM

And while we're at it, I'm STILL waiting for a WORD-FOR-WORD transcription of what that tratiorous wench Katie Couric had to say at OU's graduation ceremonies. :mad:

9/21/2006, 02:12 PM
And while we're at it, I'm STILL waiting for a WORD-FOR-WORD transcription of what that tratiorous wench Katie Couric had to say at OU's graduation ceremonies. :mad:Go take a nap. You've earned it.

bri
9/21/2006, 02:15 PM
Oh, SNAP!

No, wait. Upon further review, that was feeble. No snap for you!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 02:24 PM
After reviewing the post, the SNAP! was earned....First Down Rush...I mean William Favor

bri
9/21/2006, 02:26 PM
Besides, I can't take a nap now. It's only the second hour of RUSH'S show. If I stop listening now, I won't know what to think the rest of the day.

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 02:28 PM
I wanna make fun of people, too! How can I play?

mdklatt
9/21/2006, 02:29 PM
If I stop listening now, I won't know what to think the rest of the day.

www.foxnews.com

YWIA.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 02:29 PM
Post Interference on Bri and know the post wasn't tipped at the line of posting! 15 yards and First Down Rush...I mean William Favor!!

9/21/2006, 02:30 PM
After reviewing the post, the SNAP! was earned....First Down Rush...I mean William FavorEr, uh, thanks?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 02:32 PM
Before you say Thanks...I didn't really get all of the post...all I got was "Go Take" and I assumed it was going to end "Take a **** and Die" and that is snap worthy, but I was under lots of pressure from board moderators to make a quick decision!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 02:33 PM
Leading Bush critic at home calls Chavez a "thug"

http://i1img.com/images/email_this_page_sm.gif (javascript:eMail_Friend(540, 540);) Email this Story (javascript:eMail_Friend(540, 540);)

Sep 21, 12:43 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One of President George W. Bush's fiercest political opponents at home took his side on Thursday, calling Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a "thug" for his remark that Bush is like the devil.
"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug," House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said at a news conference, referring to Chavez' comments in a U.N. General Assembly speech on Wednesday.
"Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela."
Simon Bolivar led the fight for independence against Spanish rule in several South American countries in the early 19th century and is cited by Chavez as a political model.
Chavez, a vociferous critic of Bush and the United States, has allied himself with U.S. opponents Cuba and Iran and has led a resurgence of left-wing populism in Latin America.
"The devil himself is right in the house. And the devil came here yesterday. Right here," Chavez said as he stood at the U.N. podium where Bush spoke the day before.
"It smells of sulfur still today, this table that I am now standing in front of," Chavez said.
His remarks drew applause from many of the delegates.
Bush administration officials have not responded directly to Chavez's remarks.
"I am not going to dignify a comment by the Venezuelan president to the president of the United States. I think it is not becoming for a head of state," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday.

9/21/2006, 02:35 PM
Before you say Thanks...I didn't really get all of the post...all I got was "Go Take" and I assumed it was going to end "Take a **** and Die" and that is snap worthy, but I was under lots of pressure from board moderators to make a quick decision!Your retraction is noted, accepted, and was expected.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 02:36 PM
The good news is that if Bri can somehow make a 44 word post, he can still pull this one out!!

Hatfield
9/21/2006, 02:37 PM
more concerning than williams fake outrage is that the devil comment actually drew a few laughs.

9/21/2006, 02:39 PM
The good news is that if Bri can somehow make a 44 word post, he can still pull this one out!!What's the magic of 44 words?

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 02:43 PM
What's the magic of 44 words?

You really don't understand what he's doing?

bri
9/21/2006, 02:47 PM
Well, in his defense, RUSH usually doesn't get around to "OU/Oregon References: Your Response To Them" until the third hour. :D

9/21/2006, 02:59 PM
You really don't understand what he's doing?Enlighten me. It will count as making fun of people.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 03:05 PM
Ooops too low Bri...Rush..I mean William blocked it!!!

OCUDad
9/21/2006, 03:19 PM
Ooops too low Bri...Rush..I mean William blocked it!!!Admit it, Gandalf - you are a Pac-10 official, right?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 03:27 PM
Man I feel real horrible about blowing that call about the Oh Snap!! I have received several death threats. I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.

bri
9/21/2006, 03:54 PM
Man, it takes serious balls to try and out-crazy Hugo Chavez in a thread about Hugo Chavez. :D

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 04:27 PM
from here on out I vote that the official Presidential Background Music everytime he speaks should be "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones just to tick off Chavez

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 04:29 PM
Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down
Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
Tell me baby, whats my name
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name
Tell me baby, whats my name
I tell you one time, youre to blame
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah
Whats me name
Tell me, baby, whats my name
Tell me, sweetie, whats my name
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah

Ike
9/21/2006, 04:42 PM
from here on out I vote that the official Presidential Background Music everytime he speaks should be "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones just to tick off Chavez

I'll second that. It would probably make me chuckle too. Be sure to pass this on to Whoever gets elected to be the new secretary general. Perhaps they should give him presidential entrance music....

Widescreen
9/21/2006, 04:51 PM
Man I feel real horrible about blowing that call about the Oh Snap!! I have received several death threats. I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.
YOU HAVE BALLS. I LIKE BALLS. DURKA DURKA MOHAMMED JIHAD!

49r
9/21/2006, 04:56 PM
It took me 50 posts to figure out what MSM stood for...of course I wasn't really reading them either.

9/21/2006, 06:42 PM
Funniest zang remark of the year..so far. Touche (accent ague).thread killer

bri
9/21/2006, 07:16 PM
Well, it's hard to keep a thread about making fun of you going when you're not around to make fun of. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 07:31 PM
This thread is all just an allegory to the botched running of the civil war by the inept Republicans like Lincoln in charge...the Democrats would have killed the South with kindness!!! and Kindness or Guns you decide!!

picasso
9/21/2006, 07:33 PM
Chavez and Danny Glover romantically linked!!

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/092106_chavez_glover3.jpg
holy crap!

I saw that precession this morning and thought that fella looked like Glover but had no idea it was actually him.

how stupid are these freaking people?

ok, hate Bush and righties all ya want but at least ****ing educate yourself on Hugo Chavez.

Glover needs to be kicked in the nuts about 50 times.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 07:35 PM
Chavez is whispering in his ear "Mel Gibson is on a toilet and it is rigged with explosives"

bri
9/21/2006, 07:39 PM

Dude, he's too old for that sh*t.

:D

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 07:45 PM
holy crap!

I saw that precession this morning and thought that fella looked like Glover but had no idea it was actually him.

how stupid are these freaking people?

ok, hate Bush and righties all ya want but at least ****ing educate yourself on Hugo Chavez.

you know damn good and well Glover wouldn't live in country ran by Chavez.

kick him in the nuts until they turn the color purple

9/21/2006, 07:57 PM
Calling Harry Belafonte, Ted Turner(woops, he ALREADY blasted Bush today), and Ed Asner, for some inspirational thought.

bri
9/21/2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, could your list of America-hating "celebrities" BE any less relevant?

What about Captain and/or Tenille? Where do they stand? AMERICA MUST KNOW!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 08:04 PM
I wanna know what Kevin Federline and Paris Hilton think!!

bri
9/21/2006, 08:05 PM
I wanna know IF Kevin Federline and Paris Hilton think.

9/21/2006, 08:05 PM
Wow, could your list of America-hating "celebrities" BE any less relevant?

What about Captain and/or Tenille? Where do they stand? AMERICA MUST KNOW!!!!Then, CALLING ALL RELEVANT AMERICA-HATING CELEBRITIES! SOUND OFF, here and now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 08:07 PM
Arec Bardwin!!! Now there is a celebrity I can get behind! He is the greatest actor of our age!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 08:08 PM
Then, CALLING ALL RELEVANT AMERICA-HATING CELEBRITIES! SOUND OFF, here and now.

Umm I would be willing to say the closest thing to a celebrity on this board is either Al Gore's wife or Soonerbrat(after she completely harnesses her poker death star skillz!!)

bri
9/21/2006, 08:11 PM
Then, CALLING ALL RELEVANT AMERICA-HATING CELEBRITIES! SOUND OFF, here and now.

Two questions...

1. Exactly how many celebrities, relevant, America-hating, irrelevant, America-loving, whatever, do you think read this board?

2. Why, exactly, would they flock to your clarion call? What are you, the Aquaman of celebrity wranglers?

usmc-sooner
9/21/2006, 08:13 PM
Umm I would be willing to say the closest thing to a celebrity on this board is either Al Gore's wife or Soonerbrat(after she completely harnesses her poker death star skillz!!)

you would be wrong because I once appeared on the Price is Right and later on Divorce Court.

In your face beo.#III..ch

9/21/2006, 08:15 PM
2)I be the Consumate Clarion.(but I'm not yet a celebrity) 1) Prolly 4.

9/21/2006, 08:20 PM
How would the members of this august presence go about getting a "Go Sooners" from one as highly esteemed as say Jerry Springer or Rosy O'Donnell?

VeeJay
9/21/2006, 08:21 PM
What about Captain and/or Tenille? Where do they stand? AMERICA MUST KNOW!!!!

Not sure about the Cap'n, but according to campaign contribution reports, Toni Tenille gave $1750 to John Kerry in '04.

I'd like to think that's down a ways in the "ya learn something new every day" category.

bri
9/21/2006, 08:24 PM
you would be wrong because I once appeared on the Price is Right and later on Divorce Court.

USMCOWNED!!!!!

(I suck at "_____OWNED" names. :()

VeeJay
9/21/2006, 08:31 PM

er...uh....would those two events be connected in some way?

bri
9/21/2006, 09:49 PM
er...uh....would those two events be connected in some way?

Barker's Beauties are notoriously fickle.

OCUDad
9/21/2006, 10:43 PM
Speaking of celebrities, Bob Barker contributed to the Bush Presidential campaign... no America-lover would associate with fickle wimmin.

SCOUT
9/21/2006, 11:15 PM
Off the top of my head:
Sean Penn
Rosie O'Donnell
Tim Robbins
Susan Surandon
Johnny Depp
Martin Sheen
Barbara Streisand
Janeane Garafolo
The Dixie Chicks
Walter Cronkite
Dan Rather
Michael Moore

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/21/2006, 11:20 PM
To be fair with a 44% approval rate naming people that don't support you is easier than naming those that love you ;)

usmc-sooner
9/22/2006, 07:36 AM
To be fair with a 44% approval rate naming people that don't support you is easier than naming those that love you ;)

Said in the USA today that it risen to about 51% recently. Might have read it wrong

NormanPride
9/22/2006, 08:44 AM
Loving Bush is the "in" thing now! Have you gotten your Bush capris? How about those neat Bush cufflinks?

usmc-sooner
9/22/2006, 08:48 AM
Loving Bush is the "in" thing now! Have you gotten your Bush capris? How about those neat Bush cufflinks?

well I was a Bushie when Bushie's wasn't cool :D

imagine Barbara Mandrell singing that

yermom
9/22/2006, 09:02 AM
Said in the USA today that it risen to about 51% recently. Might have read it wrong

falling gas prices do wonders

9/22/2006, 09:19 AM
falling gas prices do wondersAs well as raving lunatics from oil-rich banana republics sounding just like Democrat leaders in their hatred for the POTUS.

mdklatt
9/22/2006, 10:51 AM
As well as raving lunatics from oil-rich banana republics sounding just like Democrat leaders in their hatred for the POTUS.

Most of us can tell the difference....

Scott D
9/22/2006, 10:55 AM
As well as raving lunatics from sand-rich southwestern states sounding just like parrots in their hatred for everything that isn't them.

wow, you are finally getting it.

soonerscuba
9/22/2006, 10:57 AM
Props to whoever invented William Favor. Simply beautiful, more sophisticated than SoonerScooter, which takes a talent. I think you might have gotten greedy in comparing Pelosi to Chavez though.

9/22/2006, 01:07 PM
wow, you are finally getting it.Hi Scott, where ya been?

Scott D
9/22/2006, 01:49 PM
Hi Scott, where ya been?

oh nowhere, just planning my coup.

9/22/2006, 02:13 PM
Props to whoever invented William Favor. Simply beautiful, more sophisticated than SoonerScooter, which takes a talent. I think you might have gotten greedy in comparing Pelosi to Chavez though.I am a composite entity engineered by the EVIL Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Tom DeLay, and powered by the DIABOLIC folks at Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, and Washington Times.(and conditioned by lifelong exposure to Sooner sports)

Scott D
9/22/2006, 02:15 PM
I am a composite entity engineered by the EVIL Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Tom DeLay, and powered by the DIABOLIC folks at Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, and Washington Times.(and conditioned by lifelong exposure to Sooner sports)

please none of them has enough creative braincells to engineer a fart intentionally.

9/22/2006, 02:24 PM
please none of them has enough creative braincells to engineer a fart intentionally.For sure!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/22/2006, 07:52 PM
The Democrats have all come out condemning what that "thug" Chavo Guerrero said. I mean what do you want them to do...fly down to Venezuela and burn down his mansions to avenge Bush's honor.

bri
9/22/2006, 08:14 PM
for starters, yes.

EDIT: dammit, posted this under the wrong handle!

9/23/2006, 12:49 AM
The Democrats have all come out condemning what that "thug" Chavo Guerrero said. I mean what do you want them to do...fly down to Venezuela and burn down his mansions to avenge Bush's honor.They said they didn't like foreign folks talking bad about our president WHILE HERE IN THE USA. Not so much condemning what they said.(since it's pretty much what some of the Democrats say about him)

Scott D
9/23/2006, 09:05 AM
They said they didn't like foreign folks talking bad about our president WHILE HERE IN THE USA. Not so much condemning what they said.(since it's pretty much what some of the Democrats say about him)

nah that's pretty standard "Don't make fun of our retard, only we can make fun of our retard." behavior.

9/23/2006, 11:31 AM
nah that's pretty standard "Don't make fun of our retard, only we can make fun of our retard." behavior.You got it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/23/2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-dnr.jpg

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-roe.gif