PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Widescreen
9/20/2006, 12:43 PM
I need some advice on what to do about my son. I suppose I should've seen it coming but you don't think your child will ever turn out like this. I mean there's no one else in the family with this particular problem so I don't know how he would've even been exposed to this kind of lifestyle. I feel like I've failed as a parent for not adequately passing down my values.

My son is gay. And by that, I mean he says he likes the whorns. :mad: He's 6 years old and there isn't a single whorn fan in my family. I think it's because we moved to Texas when he was a baby so he doesn't remember living in Oklahoma. He asked me the other night why I don't like UT when Texas is where we live. :( I really love the little guy and don't really want to put him up for adoption or anything. How can I convince him to turn to a more normal lifestyle? I'm OK if he'll just get back in the closet and put his crimson #28 jersey on again.

Signed,

Distressed in North Texas

OUAndy1807
9/20/2006, 12:45 PM
cut all ties.

OklahomaRed
9/20/2006, 12:48 PM
Hah! That's funny. We've lived in Texas since 1989. All 3 of my kids were born in Texas. My favorite saying, "Love the state. Hate the university." I was afraid my kids would end up Red Raiders, but fortunately they all have remained loyal Sooner fans. Of course, thanks to my bro, FaninAma, I've gotten to take them to several O.U. games. I think that's part of the indoctrination. Anyway, watch who they are hanging out with ! Don't let them hang out with a bunch of whorn fags ! Pray that they find themselves some Sooner friends. My kids have a couple of friends that are big time texass fans. I make them take off their hats and shirts and leave them outside before they can come in to the house ! :D

NormanPride
Quick! Ban him before it spreads!

Boarder
That's a result of poor parenting. I blame you directly. You shall now live in shame.

You should tell him he will punished severaly unless he changes.

You may want to set up counseling.

Mongo
9/20/2006, 12:55 PM
Beat/spank him real good with the whorn's song playing real loud. Next time he hears the whorn's song, he will associate that faggy tune with a severe beating.:D

I kid, dont beat your son.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2006, 12:57 PM
I blame you.

You should move.

Move to some rural Oklahoma town like Sculleyville or Gans to really soak up the Okie.

That should do the trick.

GDC
9/20/2006, 12:58 PM
I don't see the problem, he would be welcomed with open arms around here.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/20/2006, 01:04 PM
I think JK's youngest son had to go through some kind of deWhornification process when he was about 12. You might ask him.

Widescreen
9/20/2006, 01:10 PM
I suppose he won't be able to post here on Tuesdays. :(

Osce0la
9/20/2006, 01:16 PM
I make them take off their hats and shirts and leave them outside before they can come in to the house ! :D
Will you be doing this to the boy's (assuming you have a boy) girlfriends if they are whorns fans as well? That could turn out to be a pretty nasty complaint/sexual harassment type case...

Vaevictis
9/20/2006, 01:22 PM
Does the kid like beef? Tell him that fans aren't allowed to eat their mascots. ;)

mdklatt
9/20/2006, 01:26 PM
Tell him he's not allowed to talk to you on Tuesdays or else you'll ground him.

OU4LIFE
9/20/2006, 01:50 PM
euthenasia is highly underrated.

TopDaugIn2000
9/20/2006, 01:54 PM
I blame you.

You should move.

Move to some rural Oklahoma town like Sculleyville or Gans to really soak up the Okie.

That should do the trick.

heh, close to my old stompin grounds.

mdklatt
9/20/2006, 01:55 PM
Sit down and watch a UT game with him. You won't have to watch more than half the game becuase he'll leave the room by halftime.

mdklatt
9/20/2006, 01:56 PM

Good heavens, that might backfire and turn him into an oSu fan! :eek:

Viking Kitten
9/20/2006, 02:04 PM
A couple years ago, our son developed some inexplicable fascination with LSU, however to paraphrase Michael Bolton, nothing heals these things better than time, love and tenderness. Just keep talking in a positive way about all things OU, reinforce your commitment to the team by having him attend as many OU games with you as possible or watching them on TV, and eventually, you'll get through. Lead by example.

We also told our son that LSU fans are scary, crazy, homeless people who eat little children.

Howzit
9/20/2006, 02:10 PM
Jr went through a period where she thought she was an aggie fan around the same age - mainly because a favorite teacher went to oSu. Don't worry about it, when OU wins another NC and we b!tch slap the horns a couple of times he'll snap out of it.

9/20/2006, 02:15 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT let him listen to any Michael Bolton.

Next thing you know, he'll be sipping Grey Goose on a specific chair at some local Austin haunt.

TexasLidig8r
9/20/2006, 02:22 PM
Take him to a car dealership and say.. "Son.. all this can be yours.. and you don't even have to work for it!"... oh wait... :D

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2006, 02:24 PM
my youngest....when he was about 5 or 6, was going thru a 'davy crockett" phase.....watched the damn movie everyday, wore that goofy coon skin hat, boots, etc etc......well, he also noticed that big brother and dad were heavily into watching football, and he wanted to be a part of it.....but he was really attractd to that ******* cow on the helmet and on the sidelines......because, you know, davy crockett would have wanted it that way

so he became a horn fan......my "now ex-wife" in a moment that can only be described as "i'm putting the final nail in the coffin on our marriage", put her foot down and demanded that the boy be allowed and encouraged to express his individualism, because his brother was so damn overbearing and controlling

so it grew into a fungus....like that creepy toenail commercial....midway thru our streak of 5 against ut...the boy starts to lose favor as dad and big brother are having a grand ole time every second week of october

so i finally sat the boy down and explained where his love for the horns came from, that he didnt even know why he liked them......that he had no family ties to the team, that he was a native born okie, with OU and pokie state ties all over the family......that it would make his dad proud if one day they coudl go to an OU game together and spend that quality time

he bought it hook line and sinker, and now you'll see us at the tailgates, as i buy season tix every year so that he and i can watch the games together

JohnnyMack
9/20/2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe you could hire Torrance Marshall to be a mentor/Terrible Terry Tate kind of role model. I don't think he's doing much right now and every time the kid cheers for Saxet he could pile drive him through the coffee table and scream, :les:"ROOT FOR MACK, AND YOU'RE GONNA GET SMACKED!!! WOOOOO!!!!!"

GDC
9/20/2006, 02:41 PM
My nephews rotate between vikings, knights, cowboys, and Sooner football players.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/20/2006, 02:55 PM
JK's son has overcome his problem so much that now he attends Sooner games WITHOUT his dad.

slickdawg
9/20/2006, 02:56 PM
Execute him - I know, it's strict punishment, but you'll make an excellent example of what happens to whorn fans in sooner homes.

OklahomaRed
9/20/2006, 03:41 PM
Will you be doing this to the boy's (assuming you have a boy) girlfriends if they are whorns fans as well? That could turn out to be a pretty nasty complaint/sexual harassment type case...

I knew someone would take that and run with it !? :D Yep, two boys. I've never thought about what I would do if my 17 year old started dating a whorn? :confused:

GDC
9/20/2006, 03:46 PM
I have a cousin at UT-Austin right now, unfortunately.

Ike
9/20/2006, 03:47 PM
Make him watch the Bucs when/if Chrissy Sims ever QB's again. Point out how terrible he is. Explain to him that that is what UT produces. Ask him if he really wants to grow up to be like that.

GDC
9/20/2006, 03:48 PM
Chrissy "whimpered" when the Ravens hit him.

crawfish
9/20/2006, 04:07 PM
Lock him in a closet with this guy for a week:

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/yearbook/archive2003/images/Final4Kim_Fan.jpg

Mjcpr
9/20/2006, 04:08 PM
Lock him in a closet with this guy for a week:

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/yearbook/archive2003/images/Final4Kim_Fan.jpg

That guy hasn't been anywhere near a closet.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 04:16 PM
I have a cousin at UT-Austin right now, unfortunately.

I wonder if I should bane you for socializing with him......

leavingthezoo
9/20/2006, 04:20 PM
tell him you love him despite his unbearable flaw but not to call you Dad in public.

achiro
9/20/2006, 04:31 PM
For kids a "Sooner" may not be as cool as a gator, tiger, longhorn, or whatever. It's abot the mascots for many of them. He's old enough now, take him to a game and let him experience "it" that should turn him straight again.

mdklatt
9/20/2006, 04:33 PM
For kids a "Sooner" may not be as cool as a gator, tiger, longhorn, or whatever. It's abot the mascots for many of them.

What's so cool about a fat old castrated drugged-up cow?

He's old enough now, take him to a game and let him experience "it" that should turn him straight again.

The horsepigs aren't going to win anybody over. :mad: :O

TUSooner
9/20/2006, 05:45 PM
We also told our son that LSU fans are scary, crazy, homeless people who eat little children.

You should have at least exaggerated a little bit to make your point.

I only say that because LSU is fixing to eat my alma mater, Tulane University, raw, with relish this Saturday. LSU may score 10 TDs against Tulane's New Orleans Levee Ddefense (It doesn't hold anything back.)
:rolleyes: :mad:

GDC
9/20/2006, 07:05 PM
I wonder if I should bane you for socializing with him......

Oh no, I only see him at the occasional funeral or wedding, and I give him lots of space.:D

Boomerbrad
9/20/2006, 07:11 PM
Sometimes, you've just got to let kids make mistakes...

SoonerInKCMO
9/20/2006, 07:19 PM
For kids a "Sooner" may not be as cool as a gator, tiger, longhorn, or whatever. It's abot the mascots for many of them. He's old enough now, take him to a game and let him experience "it" that should turn him straight again.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had a Razorback period as a youngster because I though a pig with tusks and a mohawk was pretty cool. :O

KsSooner
9/20/2006, 07:29 PM
It is very simple. Just let him know that many a great Sooner lived in Texas but always wanted to be a Sooner. Such as: Adrian Peterson, Billy Sims, Joe Washington, etc. etc. Explain to him that all Texans secretly want to be a Sooner.

BajaOklahoma
9/20/2006, 08:40 PM
Explain that the greatest whorn ever was actually a Sooner.

We moved here in 1989. All three of the kids were born in OKC and we still have family there. There was never a time that our kids loved any college other than OU. In fact they converted some of their friends.

MamaMia
9/20/2006, 09:49 PM
If they have a Sooner Club near you, join it and introduce your son to some of their kids. Invite several of them for a sleepover. They can grow up together with other Sooners. That helps.

Show him all the Sooner videos online. They are so fun to watch. Share all the wonderful Sooner photos with him and take him to as many OU events as possible. Buy him a membership in the Sooners Kids Club. The little ones in my family wont even wear the color orange.

Dont feel bad, you arent alone. With more families moving out of state, this is becoming quite a problem. We really need a detox center for these confused youngsters. ;)

We need a haven, where everything is crimson and cream. We need a place where all the players and former players speak and visit. It could be all decorated with giant Sooner helmets chairs, OU drapes and bed linens. They could enjoy OU cookies, interlocking OU pancakes with crimson strawberry jam for breakfast. They should be surrounded with photos of all the OU greats on every walls. There could be DVDs playing the past winning games in every room. Maybe jks son can give his testimony? :D

ClintonSooner
9/20/2006, 09:58 PM
My family is opposite, (poke fans :O )

I've converted to a sooner, trying to do it to the rest of the family(dads picked up on it)

the ladies in the fam are hardheadded and like loosing...sooo

Buy him a lot of OU stuff, He's probably liking it because he sees other lil asshats running around all burnt oj and what not...

He will grow out of it as a last resort dont worry, but cram OU into his head please!!!