PDA

View Full Version : if you could get bad call back which would it be?

usmc-sooner
9/20/2006, 12:40 PM
OU interception of Texas in 84
OU holding on the first down and touchdown of Henderson vs Tech
OU recovering the onside kick vs Oregon

sooner_born_1960
9/20/2006, 12:42 PM
That which shall not be mentioned.

GDC
9/20/2006, 12:43 PM
How about the schooner in the Orange Bowl against UW, that prevented an MNC.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/20/2006, 01:17 PM
A win over tejas is always bueno.

OKLA21FAN
9/20/2006, 01:24 PM
that 11-5 loss to Texas in 1903 still chaps my hyde!

Partial Qualifier
9/20/2006, 02:01 PM
OU interception of Texas in 84
OU holding on the first down and touchdown of Henderson vs Tech
OU recovering the onside kick vs Oregon

The oregon call, no question.

We were a 3-win team going ito the tech game, we had no chance to win the conference, etc.

The texas game was a #1 vs. #2 game, thus a tie didn't hurt us much (though we would've leapfrogged Texas to #1, it didn't directly knock us out of contention for anything)

We'll see re: the Oregon call. Based on "if we go undefeated the rest of the way" -- BIG IF, I know -- we are one of several 1-loss teams without any unbeatens, and the voters vindicate this "loss" for us at season's end, it's all good. If not, the case is easily made this call screwed up our entire season, something you can't really say about the other two.

leavingthezoo
9/20/2006, 02:22 PM
i'd go with oregon also, but for different reasons. 1) instant replay wasn't in the texas game, and human error is... well, more believable without a system put in place to correct it.

2) the tech game- even with instant replay is not as obvious and blatantly a screw job as the oregon game. that's not to say i don't believe it was a bad call, just that it wasn't so blatant that the ref's couldn't pretend and tell themselves he really "was on a Sooner's leg and never touched the ground".

3) oregon game was not a bad call. it was the dead wrong call. ou recovered. end of story.

or... all of 'em? i want them all back. hehe.

sooneron
9/20/2006, 02:29 PM
We still had a shot at the title after the Stansbury Int debacle

I want this game back more

The TT bs call last year wasn't tough b/c we had them stopped on 4th down. THAT is proven. Big deal, we don't get to go to the Cotton Bowl!

edit: I really want this call back for this team. They didn't deserve this treatment.

SoonerJason
9/20/2006, 02:33 PM
The Duck F***

GDC
9/20/2006, 02:37 PM
The 1976 6-6 tie still chaps my ***.

goodonya
9/20/2006, 02:37 PM
Texas '84. There is nothing else out there for me.

OU Adonis
9/20/2006, 06:27 PM
84 Texas.

Why? Because the pollsters were debating how bad we had to beat Washington to win the title. Even Barry Switzer knew he had to run up the score to impress the pollsters. I think this was a distraction and we didn't even win the game. We were heavily favored to beat washington. I don't remember the point spread, but I think it was greater than 7.