PDA

View Full Version : Chris Messner

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 11:20 AM
what's up with this guy? He has caused so many penalties the past 3 games it's almost ridiculous. Does the guy not realize you can't move until the ball is snapped?

JohnnyMack
9/20/2006, 11:22 AM
He has Joe Carollo Syndrome.

Sad really.

soonerhubs
9/20/2006, 11:30 AM
Isn't he a senior as well?

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 11:44 AM
how does someone get back to back offsides penalties two games in a row?

leavingthezoo
9/20/2006, 12:20 PM
how does someone get back to back offsides penalties two games in a row?

by jumping before the ball snaps?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/20/2006, 12:40 PM
Our most egregious offender on the o-line hasn't been Messner... it's been big Duke Robinson. If I'm not mistaken Messner only had the one motion penalty on Saturday. The rest were committed by Cooper and Robinson.

And I was floored when it was Cooper... how does a bleeping center miss the snap count?....

Ah well... it happens.

GDC
9/20/2006, 12:45 PM
He kind of looks like Matt Leinart.

Tear Down This Wall
9/20/2006, 12:48 PM
If we hadn't had so many other offensive linemen run off the team, Messner wouldn't...nevermind.

GDC
9/20/2006, 12:50 PM
Did NickZepp take over the TDTW username? Or is it 04?

JohnnyMack
9/20/2006, 12:58 PM
If we hadn't had so many other offensive linemen run off the team, Messner wouldn't...nevermind.

If you're so ****ing unhappy about every ****ing thing we do, why don't you go root for Saxet?

I'm so tired of your crap.

Mjcpr
9/20/2006, 12:59 PM
If you're so ****ing unhappy about every ****ing thing we do, why don't you go root for Saxet?

:pop:

bixby28
9/20/2006, 01:01 PM
I think there is still time for the OLine to find their way. Messner and the guys have been a little rough, no doubt, but, time will tell.

Tear Down This Wall
9/20/2006, 01:04 PM

No, what you're tired of is someone who doesn't agree with you on every issue. Look, we both have children. Surely you're familiar with these things, you should use one until after the Middle Tennessee State game..or borrow Boren's:

http://www.parenting-weblog.com/50226711/images/pacifier.jpg

snp
9/20/2006, 01:19 PM
Our most egregious offender on the o-line hasn't been Messner... it's been big Duke Robinson. If I'm not mistaken Messner only had the one motion penalty on Saturday. The rest were committed by Cooper and Robinson.

And I was floored when it was Cooper... how does a bleeping center miss the snap count?....

Ah well... it happens.

Messner had the offsides and the holding when we were in the Ducks redzone.

Messner has flat out sucked this year.

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 01:26 PM
agreed, he needs to just do his job and quit screwing OU's chances of scoring

JohnnyMack
9/20/2006, 02:44 PM
No, what you're tired of is someone who doesn't agree with you on every issue. Look, we both have children. Surely you're familiar with these things, you should use one until after the Middle Tennessee State game..or borrow Boren's:

http://www.parenting-weblog.com/50226711/images/pacifier.jpg

Hey NickZepp, Jr., I got an idea where you can stick that pacifier.

NormanPride
9/20/2006, 02:49 PM
How about we go easy on a kid that's busting his *** and has stuck with the program for 5 years? He's been bad this year, yes, but he's a great example for the other linemen insofar as effort and attitude.

soonerlaw
9/20/2006, 02:59 PM
Could some of those in the last game have been attributed to the crowd noise? Allegedly, that place is tough to hear in.

Plus, you gotta give the kid a break. He is from Frederick, OK (where my in-laws once lived) and it takes those guys a little extra time to get with the program. :)

Scott D
9/20/2006, 03:02 PM
this thread amuses me in a sad way.

SoonerDood
9/20/2006, 03:49 PM
wow I got negged for saying we should take him out of the game. And now there's a thread about it.

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 03:56 PM
I've seen positve stuff from the kid, but he needs to get better with the penalties. He made a few costly ones with Oregon

PalmBeachSooner
9/20/2006, 03:58 PM
Messner had the offsides and the holding when we were in the Ducks redzone.

Messner has flat out sucked this year.

Wasn't he moved from one tackle position to the other this year?