PDA

View Full Version : MTSU tailgate

Sooners78
9/20/2006, 10:29 AM
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Will there be a tailgate this Saturday?

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 10:33 AM
Yes. Menu details being worked out. And the first sumbitch who says "Oregon" to me will get face planted on concrete.

achiro
9/20/2006, 10:37 AM
Yes. Menu details being worked out. And the first sumbitch who says "Oregon" to me will get face planted on concrete.
What if I wear green socks?

soonermagicgirl
9/20/2006, 10:38 AM
did i hear tailgate?? Ok so how do i get invited, is there a charge? If so how much? Where is it located?
thanks
emily

SteelClip49
9/20/2006, 10:39 AM
I plan on wearing my referree shirt that says (FRONT: I am the one to blame, OU lost because of me), (BACK: fOwl). I have gotten many compliments and good laughs from some OU grad students here at UCO and then some Oklahoma State fans have looked at me strangely.

Is there a tailgate or something put on specifically by Soonerfans?

I usually go to the Sooner Club tailgate 2.5 hours before kickoff.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 10:40 AM
What if I wear green socks?
Like you'll even show up.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 10:42 AM
Yes, there's an official SF.com tailgate. We're at the corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the Casa Blanca building parking lot. Look for the big 5th wheel RV.

Phil will be putting up a link shortly.....

achiro
9/20/2006, 10:44 AM
Like you'll even show up.
actually, I am thinking about bringing the boy down for the game. Still working on the details.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 10:46 AM
actually, I am thinking about bringing the boy down for the game. Still working on the details.

So, you'll be the one with green socks and black eye?:texan:

achiro
9/20/2006, 10:47 AM
Just how big a boy are ya?:D

SteelClip49
Sheesh, I was a student at OU from 2004-2006 and have been going to games since i was a tot and I still have no idea where anything is. I know off of Jenkins and Boyd, but is that right by the Pho Sooner restaurant somewhat?

Sooners78
I've been collecting old OU football games and have a large collection. My wife is making me convert all of my VHS tapes to DVD because they're taking up too much space. I'm in the process of doing that. If people are interested, I'll bring all of the tapes that I've converted so far to the tailgate, and let people take their pick.

achiro
9/20/2006, 10:48 AM
Sheesh, I was a drunk student at OU from 2004-2006 and have been going to games since i was a tot and I still have no idea where anything is. I know off of Jenkins and Boyd, but is that right by the Pho Sooner restaurant somewhat?
fixed

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 10:56 AM
We're not "off Jenkins and Boyd." We're ON Jenkins and Boyd. By the Greek House.

SteelClip49
9/20/2006, 11:00 AM
ahh, I got ya, and as for you achiro I was never drunk, just dazed and confused after pointless lectures from the below average faculty at Gaylord College. Ok, I was drunk a few times.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 11:05 AM
I've been collecting old OU football games and have a large collection. My wife is making me convert all of my VHS tapes to DVD because they're taking up too much space. I'm in the process of doing that. If people are interested, I'll bring all of the tapes that I've converted so far to the tailgate, and let people take their pick.

Cool.

achiro
9/20/2006, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah and post reported

OklahomaRed
9/20/2006, 12:43 PM
Dean,

What time does it start? The kid has a Thursday night game this week, so we might be able to get there in time?

RacerX
9/20/2006, 12:59 PM
Oregano!

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 02:24 PM
Is "crookedly" really a word?

Well, a minor update........we were going to be doing a whole hog roast this tailgate, but those plans have fallen through. So, now we're looking at option B.

Soonergeek is sponsoring this week's tailgate. Everybody say "thank you Soonergeek."

The festivities shall commence at 2 pm, and will continue until about an hour before kickoff. There's usually a more casual gathering after the game to let traffic clear - and to help me tear down the tailgate.

The UAB tailgate tear down superstars were Czar and VK. I've never seen a husband and wife work so well together. Well besides her going "get the **** outta my way if you're gonna just stand there" and him going "just shut up and take this pole......"

As always, food, beverages, and a good time are all gratis. There will be the customary donation jar next to the TV if you'd like to help the cause.

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2006, 02:28 PM
jk3 and i will be there, i have parking pass so save me a spot! :)

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 02:30 PM
Who the **** is jk3, and who the **** are you? And what is this "parking pass" you speak of.........

The
9/20/2006, 02:30 PM
"just shut up and take this pole......"
:eek:
Just what kind of tailgate is this?????

BoonesFarmSooner
9/20/2006, 02:36 PM
Boones and the misses are driving up from Houston for the game!

Can folks bring up topics of the screw job at said tailgate, or will there be the SFans mafia there as well?

I'll take my answer off the air.

C&CDean
9/20/2006, 02:44 PM
Boones and the misses are driving up from Houston for the game!

Can folks bring up topics of the screw job at said tailgate, or will there be the SFans mafia there as well?

I'll take my answer off the air.

If a big, hairy, ugly dude comes up and kisses you on the cheek, you probably won't live to see the game.

I'm just sayin'........

NormanPride
9/20/2006, 02:47 PM
If a big, hairy, ugly dude comes up and kisses you on the cheek, you probably won't live to see the game.

I'm just sayin'........

I thought you were a cueball now? Or is that 4LIFE?

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2006, 03:22 PM
Who the **** is jk3, and who the **** are you? And what is this "parking pass" you speak of.........

a couple of screwballs with a worthless piece of laminated paper

Jello Biafra
9/20/2006, 06:25 PM

I'm just sayin'........

wow...you must a pschycotic. howd you know i was planning on coming?

RacerX
9/20/2006, 08:51 PM
a couple of screwballs with a worthless piece of laminated paper

I made my own parking pass too!

Jello Biafra
9/20/2006, 08:56 PM
wow...you must a pschycotic. howd you know i was planning on coming?

BTW.....can i request chitterlings? :P

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/20/2006, 10:49 PM
What's SoonerGeek cooking?

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/21/2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.jcdenton40.com/UABScrewed.wmv

Jewstin
9/21/2006, 01:12 AM
I'm a new poster here, as of last week (clearly obsessed, since my post count is almost 20 per day), but I'm a student here at OU, and I may swing by if I'm not already tanked and forgetful (this is the first game of the season my parents haven't made the trip down, so I'm reliving some of my earlier years of college and slamming 'em back ... hopefully).

Some of the posters on these forums are the most educated Sooner fans I've ever met and it would be nice to put a face behind some of these names, even if I am just a 23 year old pup.

Where has this forum been all of my life!?

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info Dean. It will be nice to meet some of you who are on this forum. And a big thanks to SOONERGEEK for sponsoring this weeks tailgate. This will be our first tailgate so I am anxious to see how it goes. Is there anything we need to know or advice for tailgating? Besides money for the contribution, do we bring some chairs, beer, etc? Any advice for a first timer would be great appreciated!

Thanks again,
Emily

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/21/2006, 10:40 AM
First time poster!!!! here. I just bought a guys season tickets and love to tailgate. I understand donations are accepted, which is cool. Can anyone attend this???? If so I will be there. As well as rest of the home games....

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!

Edit: wheres my avatar????? there it is wohooooo.......

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/21/2006, 10:52 AM
You can bring beer, chairs, etc. but you don't have to do so.

What's the menu so I know if I want to make something to go with it.

Fugue
9/21/2006, 11:04 AM
I'm a new poster here, as of last week (clearly obsessed, since my post count is almost 20 per day), but I'm a student here at OU, and I may swing by if I'm not already tanked and forgetful (this is the first game of the season my parents haven't made the trip down, so I'm reliving some of my earlier years of college and slamming 'em back ... hopefully).

Some of the posters on these forums are the most educated Sooner fans I've ever met and it would be nice to put a face behind some of these names, even if I am just a 23 year old pup.

Where has this forum been all of my life!?

you're preachin' to the chior here. :D

C&CDean
9/21/2006, 11:06 AM
Right now it's looking like build-your-own deli sammiches. If anybody wants to bring chips, desserts, salads, or anything that goes along with sammiches, please do.

If you have a special type of beer/liquor/soft drink you enjoy you may bring that too, however, we always have plenty of Bud Lite, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Bud, and assorted others like Rolling Rock, Shiner Bock, etc. If you talk real sweet to me, I'll invite you inside the RV for a victory shot of Crown, Bushmill's, or 100 proof vodka. I usually have the fixin's for bloody marys as well.

Again, there's a donation jar for those that wish to donate, but it is not required.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/21/2006, 11:08 AM
You can bring beer, chairs, etc. but you don't have to do so.

What's the menu so I know if I want to make something to go with it.

Give me some instruction here......When to show up to beat the crowd, get decent parking (yeah right), where do the coolers, chairs, etc stay during the game????? All the stuff that the old hands take for granted....If I cant get season tickets from the ticklet office I will just buy them from people who want to sell them......(ebay)

Phil
9/21/2006, 11:43 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2006tailgate.html

C&CDean
9/21/2006, 12:29 PM
Give me some instruction here......When to show up to beat the crowd, get decent parking (yeah right), where do the coolers, chairs, etc stay during the game????? All the stuff that the old hands take for granted....If I cant get season tickets from the ticklet office I will just buy them from people who want to sell them......(ebay)

The tailgate starts at 2. You can show up any time before/after that. There's blocking a couple blocks north off Jenkins, and I may have a spot or two at the tailgate for $20.

The chairs/coolers/etc. all stay at the tailgate. You can pick your stuff up anytime during/after the game. My son & daughter-in-law usually stay at the tailgate to keep an eye on things.

Do NOT buy tickets somewhere else. There will be plenty of tickets available at the tailgate.

NormanPride
9/21/2006, 12:58 PM
How many people usually show up early? Will there be TV before the thing "officially" starts?

Thanks for the info!

C&CDean
9/21/2006, 01:09 PM
At least a brazillion people, and yes, we have TV.

colleyvillesooner
9/21/2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.jcdenton40.com/UABScrewed.wmv

CAn we ban this duck now?

soonermagicgirl
9/21/2006, 01:41 PM
i'll be there showing off my RED RIVER RIVALS tshirt.
Cant wait til game day. it's time to regroup and kick some butt.

Jello Biafra
9/21/2006, 06:19 PM
CAn we kick the sheite out of this duck now?

fixed it

Jello Biafra
9/21/2006, 06:22 PM
At least a brazillion people, and yes, we have TV.

wow. must be a hella party. we got brazillions showing up?

seriously though, I typically park out on chataqua (or however the hell you spell that) is there plenty of parking around the area on gameday?

Norm In Norman
9/21/2006, 09:11 PM
At about 3:30 I see lots of $10 parking about a block or 2 away to the NE. Doleo sells some parking at his friend's comic book store on jenkins which is mega close, but I don't know how much it costs. Basically, it's about as good of parking as any place else. If you get there early, you'll have a better chance of getting a spot.

Boarder
9/21/2006, 09:32 PM
First time poster!!!! here. I just bought a guys season tickets and love to tailgate. I understand donations are accepted, which is cool. Can anyone attend this???? If so I will be there. As well as rest of the home games....

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!

Edit: wheres my avatar????? there it is wohooooo.......
Admission is three exclamation points and one question mark.

:D

jk the sooner fan
9/21/2006, 09:40 PM
if you're bringing extra chairs, i'd prefer a reclining lazy boy

Soonerdaddy
9/21/2006, 09:45 PM
I'll bring the chocolate.

GoMTBlue
9/22/2006, 08:05 AM
This is a good thing that C&CDean is doing. I do the same thing for Middle Tennessee games. Most people who have never set up a tailgate do not realize the time, money, and effort that is involved.

From my standpoint, it gets a little frustrating when people come to eat/drink and they donate nothing. I usually only recieve 1/3 to 1/2 in the donation jar compared to what I spent.

I know C&CDean does this for the same reason I do, the love of the team. While I'm not complaining, I would encourage everyone to make it worth C&CDean's while.

Just an opposing fan's opinion.

C&CDean
9/22/2006, 08:14 AM
This is a good thing that C&CDean is doing. I do the same thing for Middle Tennessee games. Most people who have never set up a tailgate do not realize the time, money, and effort that is involved.

From my standpoint, it gets a little frustrating when people come to eat/drink and they donate nothing. I usually only recieve 1/3 to 1/2 in the donation jar compared to what I spent.

I know C&CDean does this for the same reason I do, the love of the team. While I'm not complaining, I would encourage everyone to make it worth C&CDean's while.

Just an opposing fan's opinion.

Thanks son. You'll get your kickback next week..........:eek:

Seriously, dude is right. But it's a labor of love. And I'm personally inviting GoMTblue to the tailgate.

GoMTBlue
9/22/2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the invite. I would love to be there, but unfortunately I am not traveling this week. A large group of us are gathering at a friends home to watch the game.

I hate that I'm missing the game because I know how rabid and loyal Sooner fans are. The OU program and fans are what we would love to build our's to at Middle Tennessee.

C&CDean
9/22/2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the invite. I would love to be there, but unfortunately I am not traveling this week. A large group of us are gathering at a friends home to watch the game.

I hate that I'm missing the game because I know how rabid and loyal Sooner fans are. The OU program and fans are what we would love to build our's to at Middle Tennessee.

Beat that POS team that wears orange over by y'all and you'll be well on your way.

I'll hoist a shot in your honor.

FaninAma
9/22/2006, 12:25 PM

Knock-KnocK!
Who's there?
Oregon?
Oregon who?
Or U gonna be able to catch me if I DUCK?

Sorry, I got nuttin'.

FaninAma
9/22/2006, 12:27 PM
Oh, and tell all the guys I'll bring some more Almond flavored beer if they want me to. I know how much they liked it before the Washington game.:D

KAjunRaider
9/22/2006, 01:20 PM
Beat that POS team that wears orange over by y'all and you'll be well on your way.

I'll hoist a shot in your honor.

We will if they'll play us. I'm hearing rumors of a series coming up.

We refer to them at ut-Oknoxiousville, by the way

Everyone donate to the tailgate! I have my own tailgate group, as well, and it take hours of preparation, and is a labor of love!!

The Middle Tennessee Message Board (http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com)

Jackal
9/23/2006, 09:16 AM
Since I still can't start a thread, I'll have to hijack this one. I live in southern central Arkansas and since the game isn't televised and I am not gonna pay for PPV. Where can I find a list of radio stations broadcasting this game in my listening area?

StoopTroup
9/23/2006, 12:48 PM
I'm coming...

Eli isn't...

Czar Soonerov
9/23/2006, 02:35 PM
Since I still can't start a thread, I'll have to hijack this one. I live in southern central Arkansas and since the game isn't televised and I am not gonna pay for PPV. Where can I find a list of radio stations broadcasting this game in my listening area?

http://www.krxo.com/

Jackal
9/23/2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.krxo.com/

Well, I listen to Al Eisbach on WWLS on the internet.....but of course the game coverage is blacked out. You sure the same doesn't happen on this livestream station?

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/24/2006, 01:22 PM
Had a great time, was very happy to meet some fellow sooner fans!!!!! Hell my wife even had a good time and she hates FB. The tailgate was well worth the donation and the parking was great!!!!! See yall next game.

Boomer Sooner

StoopTroup
9/24/2006, 04:21 PM
Dean...

My Hawg ran outta juice...

I'm gonna need to upgrade it to solar power I guess. :D

This one will carry a cooler.... ;)

http://www.tokyoeconospace.com/scooter/web%20site%20wagon%20trailer%20for%20electric%20sc ooter.jpg

soonermagicgirl
9/24/2006, 06:03 PM
Hey just wanted to say my husband and I had a wonderful time at the tailgate. It was nice meeting everyone, of course i won't remember everyone's name. We did meet Lil 10 and his wife tracy.(guess her migrane went away with Dean's special drink) LOL.. We will definately be back again!
BOOMER SOONER!
By the way we are heading to the OU TX game, we would love to have someone to hang out with if anyone else is going let me know!

Thanks
Emily

StoopTroup
9/29/2006, 01:06 AM
This thread is still up here?

Is the tailgate not over?

How much beer did Dean buy?

C&CDean
9/29/2006, 09:04 AM
A. Lot.