PDA

View Full Version : This is all Brian Britt's fault...

OklahomaTuba
9/19/2006, 11:04 PM
I just know it is.

:pop:

PrideTuba
9/19/2006, 11:10 PM
Yea, I think it is too because he let the pride do the "poor ducks" chant in the stands. They did it before this big onside kick garbage happened, I think when we were leading by 13 or whatever it was. So yes, Brian Britt made us lose. www.FireBrianBritt.com

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/20/2006, 10:28 AM
Brian Britt sneezes. :les: FIRE HIM. :rolleyes:

euph_jay
9/20/2006, 11:57 AM
The stupidity and jealousy of you people never ceases to amaze me.

FYI- We never played the "poor ducks" chant on Saturday. :rolleyes:

OklaPony
9/20/2006, 12:03 PM
I guess this is the appropriate place to thank the Oregon "fan" who threw a half-full water bottle at the band with sufficient velocity to damage a sousaphone.

Stay classy, Ducks.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 12:09 PM

Yup, thats the reason right there.

If Brian Britt had ordered his band children to chant "poor ducks". perhaps we would have won?

But no, he couldn't do even that. Probably too worried about not chanting out of key and keeping all those around him from flashing the #1 handsign.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 12:10 PM
I guess this is the appropriate place to thank Brian Britt, who threw a half-full water bottle at the band with sufficient velocity to damage a sousaphone.

fixed it for you.

yermom
9/20/2006, 12:10 PM
jealousy?

we're only jealous of fans from say 2001 that had a better band to listen to ;)

NormanPride
9/20/2006, 12:35 PM
I keep telling you clowns that Mr. Britt is only the figurehead in the giant Wakefield-Castiglione conspiracy to drain the fun out of Sooner sports.

snp
9/20/2006, 12:37 PM
Would Brian Boitano have done?

OklaPony
9/20/2006, 01:03 PM
fixed it for you.
Here's a better idea... go fix yourself.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 01:05 PM
Here's a better idea... go fix yourself.
aww, the wittle pony is a wittle cwanky today.

OklaPony
9/20/2006, 01:09 PM
aww, the wittle pony is a wittle cwanky today.
Me, cwanky? Not a chance. You seem to feel the need to fix something, I'm merely offering up a suggestion. :D

So, what's your beef with BB?

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 03:39 PM
Brian Britt sneezes. :les: FIRE HIM. :rolleyes:

Yes, fire him and it needs to be done ASAP because he is making the band worse with every day that passes.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 03:45 PM

Why are we stupid because we seem to have a different opinion than you, and how are we jealous of you? Im jealous of the people that went to the Rose Bowl in 02 because I had a slight chance of doing pride then, and I didnt. I am in no way jealous of you or the pride now, im actually glad im not in pride because it's so awful. If you didnt do the poor ducks chant on saturday then it sure as hell looked like it on tv, but since there was no audio I just assumed.

www.FireBrianBritt.com

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 03:53 PM
I guess this is the appropriate place to thank the Oregon "fan" who threw a half-full water bottle at the band with sufficient velocity to damage a sousaphone.

Stay classy, Ducks.

Since those sousaphones are pieces of junk now, it shouldnt be too hard to dent the bell. Those horns may look nice but they arent, they are thin, old, worn out, and break all the time. That $100,000 or whatever it was "restoration" they did to them was a waste, they break more now then they ever did. Also, if you want to thank somebody for denting horns, you should thank a couple of people in basketball band that would slam their horns together and punch dents into the bells.

Stay classy, basketball band tubas.

OklahomaRed
9/20/2006, 04:25 PM
:pop: Band fight !

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe he is jealous that I was in the 2000 National Championship Pride of Oklahoma, AND WE DIDN'T SUCK! ;)

SoonerInKCMO
9/20/2006, 04:35 PM
There's a band national championship? :confused:

oklaclarinet
9/20/2006, 05:02 PM
Someone please tell me this is some kind of joke.

PrideTrombone
9/20/2006, 05:03 PM
Since those sousaphones are pieces of junk now, it shouldnt be too hard to dent the bell. Those horns may look nice but they arent, they are thin, old, worn out, and break all the time. That $100,000 or whatever it was "restoration" they did to them was a waste, they break more now then they ever did. Also, if you want to thank somebody for denting horns, you should thank a couple of people in basketball band that would slam their horns together and punch dents into the bells.

Actually, those are pretty nice King sousaphones. My band has 6 of them. If they break more often it's because the tuba section might be even more stupid now than in 2000 with OklahomaTuba. ;)

PrideTrombone
9/20/2006, 05:04 PM
Someone please tell me this is some kind of joke.

Hi, noob. :)

oklaclarinet
9/20/2006, 05:06 PM
Oh believe me, I've read everything that's been said the past several years, I just never bothered to enter the fray.

apusooner
9/20/2006, 05:09 PM
That $100,000 or whatever it was "restoration" they did to them was a waste,
that's what they get for sending them to Texas to be "restored" what goes around comes around. should have had them fixed locally

PrideTrombone
9/20/2006, 05:24 PM
that's what they get for sending them to Texas to be "restored" what goes around comes around. should have had them fixed locally

You told me you don't do replating though. :)

OklaPony
9/20/2006, 06:08 PM
by whom?

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 07:24 PM
anybody but Bruce at Brook Mays, he is a moron and has no idea what he's doing. Example:

My tubas hard case has wheels and one of the wheels decided to break and I needed to get it fixed. I talked to Charlie Krause, I bought my horn from him and he used to be the low brass guy at woodwind and brasswind. I asked where to get wheels and how to replace them, he said for that case I could just buy the wheel and just rivet it in. Well I didnt really have the know how or time to get that stuff and fix the case, so I called Brook Mays and talked to Bruce about it. He said he would have to do some custom fiberglass work to get the wheel to fit and work in the case. I said no thanks and never talked to him again.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 07:29 PM
Actually, those are pretty nice King sousaphones. My band has 6 of them. If they break more often it's because the tuba section might be even more stupid now than in 2000 with OklahomaTuba. ;)

The actual sousaphones themselves, the kings are really good horns. The ones the pride have are simply old and nearing the end of their life, the newest sousaphones are over 20 years old. None of the bits fit right, half of them are for conns not kings. When we got them back from being restored, the metal was a lot thinner, they basically just ground off all the gunk and top layer of metal and cleaned the inside. I know they are a ton to replace, but i think they could have spent the money better by saving and getting new horns, or atleast newer horns.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 07:30 PM
Oh believe me, I've read everything that's been said the past several years, I just never bothered to enter the fray.

Then why bother to ask if it's all a joke? If you've read everything the last few years then you should know it's real.

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 07:33 PM
*sigh*

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 07:36 PM
*sigh*

I try not to post as much about all of this, but I cant help myself.

oklaclarinet
9/20/2006, 08:00 PM
Then why bother to ask if it's all a joke? If you've read everything the last few years then you should know it's real.

The reason I asked was that everything I had seen, on either side of the issue, focused mostly on substance and related directly at a particular issue. However, this random attempt to bring the subject up again provides nothing to further the issue. In fact, I would argue that it hurts any rational discussion by making those on the side of criticsm appear that they are doing so for a personal attack rather than out of true concern. Just my observation.

apusooner
9/20/2006, 08:11 PM
You told me you don't do replating though. :)
i also didnt say that i should do it.:) i just think it was stupid to spend the universities money in texas.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/20/2006, 08:17 PM
Sheesh didnt yall know the Pride is going to Contest in 3 weeks and if we dont beat Owasso we will be humiliated. FireBrianBritt.com or Quit the Pride of Oklahoma Competitive Wind Ensemble

OK2LA
9/20/2006, 08:18 PM

Yeah, it isn't necessary to have posted on here for several years to know that this is very ghey.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 08:23 PM
The reason I asked was that everything I had seen, on either side of the issue, focused mostly on substance and related directly at a particular issue. However, this random attempt to bring the subject up again provides nothing to further the issue. In fact, I would argue that it hurts any rational discussion by making those on the side of criticsm appear that they are doing so for a personal attack rather than out of true concern. Just my observation.

Thats understandable, thanks for the reply.

OUTrumpet
9/20/2006, 08:39 PM
Why are we stupid because we seem to have a different opinion than you, and how are we jealous of you? Im jealous of the people that went to the Rose Bowl in 02 because I had a slight chance of doing pride then, and I didnt. I am in no way jealous of you or the pride now, im actually glad im not in pride because it's so awful. If you didnt do the poor ducks chant on saturday then it sure as hell looked like it on tv, but since there was no audio I just assumed.

www.FireBrianBritt.com

A bunch of the band does that wave to this cadence the drumline plays when the teams are lining up for a kick-off, if you're at the game on Saturday you should see it then. Did it last year too.

And we didn't do poor ducks, but the drumline did talk about it - they were going to if we recovered the onside kick.

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 08:46 PM
anybody but Bruce at Brook Mays, he is a moron and has no idea what he's doing. Example:

My tubas hard case has wheels and one of the wheels decided to break and I needed to get it fixed. I talked to Charlie Krause, I bought my horn from him and he used to be the low brass guy at woodwind and brasswind. I asked where to get wheels and how to replace them, he said for that case I could just buy the wheel and just rivet it in. Well I didnt really have the know how or time to get that stuff and fix the case, so I called Brook Mays and talked to Bruce about it. He said he would have to do some custom fiberglass work to get the wheel to fit and work in the case. I said no thanks and never talked to him again.

I have to say, I hate Bruce's "you're a moron" speeches when he gives your horn back to you, but he does pretty good work. After the airline totally crushed the bell on my trombone coming back from LA (with a dress rehearsal that same freaking night) he fixed in a couple of hours and you can barely tell anything happened to it.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 08:50 PM
A bunch of the band does that wave to this cadence the drumline plays when the teams are lining up for a kick-off, if you're at the game on Saturday you should see it then. Did it last year too.

And we didn't do poor ducks, but the drumline did talk about it - they were going to if we recovered the onside kick.

Ill listen for it saturday, I guess ive never noticed it before.

SoonerDood
9/20/2006, 08:53 PM
I try not to post as much about all of this, but that's all I do.
Fixed

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 08:54 PM
I have to say, I hate Bruce's "you're a moron" speeches when he gives your horn back to you, but he does pretty good work. After the airline totally crushed the bell on my trombone coming back from LA (with a dress rehearsal that same freaking night) he fixed in a couple of hours and you can barely tell anything happened to it.

thats good he fixed your horn, when he told me about custom fiberglass work I was speechless. A few of my friends have had problems with him too, I just dont trust him enough to actually take something to him.

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 08:58 PM
Fixed

Thanks for fixing it. Yes I pretty much only post about brian, but I only post because I believe he is not the right person for the job and I think he needs to be replaced. If you really dont like me posting about it all the time then we can talk privately.

SwooshOU
9/20/2006, 09:05 PM
I played trumpet in the Pride from 98-02. Got to see the last of Coach and the beginning of Mr. Britt. Coach was the ultimate and Mr. Britt seemed respectable.

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 09:31 PM
thats good he fixed your horn, when he told me about custom fiberglass work I was speechless. A few of my friends have had problems with him too, I just dont trust him enough to actually take something to him.

Well, for a trombone it's either Bruce, or I ship my horn to a guy in either Nebraska or Atlanta.

apusooner
9/20/2006, 09:36 PM
sometimes you dont realize what it takes to do case repair. it seems easy, but to kerep it from breaking again, sometimes you have to take preventative measures. i wouldnt expect a tuba player to understand that.;)

ghp, what do you have against my brother? ;)

PrideTuba
9/20/2006, 10:15 PM
sometimes you dont realize what it takes to do case repair. it seems easy, but to kerep it from breaking again, sometimes you have to take preventative measures. i wouldnt expect a tuba player to understand that.;)

It wouldnt have been a big deal for case repair, but Charlie Krause told me all I had to do was get buy the wheels and then rivet them. Looking at the case thats the way it looks too. I ended up just saying screw it, and I used a small luggage carrier, the ones they had before suitcases had wheels.

OklahomaTuba
9/20/2006, 11:20 PM
Sheesh didnt yall know the Pride is going to Contest in 3 weeks and if we dont beat Owasso we will be humiliated. FireBrianBritt.com or Quit the Pride of Oklahoma Competitive Wind Ensemble
Hmm, I don't like the odds. The Pride of Owasso is damn good this year.

Plus, they actually do some stuff instead of marching around making some retarded amoeba shiat or standing still while playing crowd favorites like "Strike Up The Band" all year long.

Combine all that **** with the f'king horespigs and a defense that gives it up more than crack whore, and I may just need to start drinking again.

OklaPony
9/21/2006, 12:24 AM
It wouldnt have been a big deal for case repair, but Charlie Krause told me all I had to do was get buy the wheels and then rivet them. Looking at the case thats the way it looks too. I ended up just saying screw it, and I used a small luggage carrier, the ones they had before suitcases had wheels.
Geez, I didn't mean to start a rant-fest here. I do have to ask a question, though. Did you actually, physically show the case to either guy?

Oh yeah the answer to my question "by whom?" from my earlier post is nobody. Nobody locally has the capacity to do that job.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2006, 12:27 AM

Heh. I actually took my bass trombone slide to him when it was just a popped solder joint. Major slide overhauls are touchy, though. ;)

apusooner
9/21/2006, 02:49 AM
Geez, I didn't mean to start a rant-fest here. I do have to ask a question, though. Did you actually, physically show the case to either guy?

Oh yeah the answer to my question "by whom?" from my earlier post is nobody. Nobody locally has the capacity to do that job.
i guess you would know?

prrriiide
9/21/2006, 05:03 AM

Those horns were POS's when we got them. The brass is a lot thinner than the old ones, and much easier to dent. The old ones we played were from 1970 and were built like tanks. Heavy as lead, but had a great sound. I remember the first time we played the new ones at the first ever Big Red Rally at the beginning of Smellslikebourbon's season (they aren't quite 20 years old...). It sounded like a loud kazoo compared to the old horns. The inlays in the valve buttons were gone by mid-season, the valves were hopeless even with a quart of valve oil the action was so bad.

The thing about them breaking is due to metal fatigue. The Pride tubas swing those things around A LOT, and it starts to take its toll on the braces and solder joints.

If I ever caught another tuba player punching dents into the horns that we took onto the field in the fall, I'd punch a dent in their face.

OklaPony
9/21/2006, 07:59 AM
i guess you would know?
You've guessed correctly.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2006, 10:10 AM
Yes, fire him and it needs to be done ASAP because he is making the band worse with every day that passes.

Uhm, that was a joke. Nothing gets by you, huh?

I try not to post as much about all of this, but I cant help myself.

Two words. Internet pron. Keep yourself busy for a while.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/21/2006, 10:13 AM
I just dont think i could suffer the embarassment of being defeated at BOA by Owasso, we better work extra hard to perfect that counter-march. I like Mr. Britt and I enjoyed Pride last year but this year he talks down to us and treats it like this is high school wind ensemble

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 10:24 AM
The actual sousaphones themselves, the kings are really good horns. The ones the pride have are simply old and nearing the end of their life, the newest sousaphones are over 20 years old. None of the bits fit right, half of them are for conns not kings. When we got them back from being restored, the metal was a lot thinner, they basically just ground off all the gunk and top layer of metal and cleaned the inside. I know they are a ton to replace, but i think they could have spent the money better by saving and getting new horns, or atleast newer horns.

Are these the same silver King horns that we used in 1978? Damn, those are really old...

Tubatapper 1978-1980

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 10:26 AM

Well, we DID recover the onside kick...

PrideTuba
9/21/2006, 10:30 AM

I didnt mean to start anything either, sorry. I never actually took the case to Bruce and I bought the horn from Charlie so I took his word more than Bruce. Either way its over and it doesnt matter now, it just sucked when I was in high school and had to lug that thing around everywhere.

Uhm, that was a joke. Nothing gets by you, huh?

I took it as a joke, I just didnt respond jokingly sorry to cause confusion.

It sounded like a loud kazoo compared to the old horns. The inlays in the valve buttons were gone by mid-season, the valves were hopeless even with a quart of valve oil the action was so bad.

The thing about them breaking is due to metal fatigue. The Pride tubas swing those things around A LOT, and it starts to take its toll on the braces and solder joints.

If I ever caught another tuba player punching dents into the horns that we took onto the field in the fall, I'd punch a dent in their face.

The valves are the same today, except the inlays are all there and they are stained black now. Yea those joints need to be beefed up or something, a couple years ago my friend Jordans horn only had the valve tubing held on by the lead pipe. My horn at the Sugar Bowl had to be tied together with string from the ironing board in our hotel room and a piece of a rope I found in the super dome.

I was pretty ****ed when I found out about the horns from basketball band, they would bang them together and punch dents into them. I just dont understand how you can beat the crap out of the instrument that will someday give them a career, or atleast one of them a career.

PrideTuba
9/21/2006, 10:32 AM
Are these the same silver King horns that we used in 1978? Damn, those are really old...

Tubatapper 1978-1980

Not all of them are the same horns, but there are definitely a handfull of them that you guys used.

TheBobbyTrain
9/21/2006, 10:59 AM
You've guessed correctly.

I guess all that time I spent fixing those sousaphone cases for various high schools was an aberration since no one locally can fix anything.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 11:01 AM
I was pretty ****ed when I found out about the horns from basketball band, they would bang them together and punch dents into them. I just dont understand how you can beat the crap out of the instrument that will someday give them a career, or atleast one of them a career.

Damn, we were so proud of those horns, we had waxing sessions on Friday night after practice, perhaps a bit of grog as well. We always wiped down the horns and we ONLY practiced in the old fiberglass horns. The Tuba socks were on at all times with the exception of half-time.

OklaPony
9/21/2006, 11:37 AM
I guess all that time I spent fixing those sousaphone cases for various high schools was an aberration since no one locally can fix anything.
You may want to go back and read the entire thread. My comment was referring to the fact that nobody locally has the capacity to do complete overhauls on sousaphones correctly.

OklaPony
9/21/2006, 11:43 AM
I didnt mean to start anything either, sorry. I never actually took the case to Bruce and I bought the horn from Charlie so I took his word more than Bruce. Either way its over and it doesnt matter now, it just sucked when I was in high school and had to lug that thing around everywhere.
No prob, thanks for the reply.

OUTrumpet
9/21/2006, 01:56 PM
Well, we DID recover the onside kick...

We honestly couldn't tell that from sitting near field level in the end zone, all we saw was that they awarded it to Oregon.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2006, 02:12 PM
Was that Britt I saw in the black coats in tie down at the field. How did you guys travel - team charter? Did you all get taunted after the game? I saw a bunch of fans with flags in the area.

Sorry, but couldn't hear you guys very much just 2 section over from you.

prrriiide
9/21/2006, 06:57 PM

Tubatapper 1978-1980

The Pride bought 18 new King Silver Satin souzys the same year that Smellslikebourbon was HC. The old horns (that you played on) were put in storage. I don't know what happened to them after that, but they certainly weren't available for the 100th anniversary show. I suspect that when the "new" horns were overhauled, part of the cost was defrayed by trading some of the old ones in to the company that did the overhaul.

The old ones were far and away superior sounding horns to the new ones (I played both), both in terms of volume and tone quality. The workmanship was much better as well. I lost my first valve button inlay the first week we had the "new" ones, and all 3 were gone by texass. Pieces of crap.

101sooner
9/21/2006, 07:26 PM
The Pride bought 18 new King Silver Satin souzys the same year that Smellslikebourbon was HC. The old horns (that you played on) were put in storage. I don't know what happened to them after that, but they certainly weren't available for the 100th anniversary show. I suspect that when the "new" horns were overhauled, part of the cost was defrayed by trading some of the old ones in to the company that did the overhaul.

The old ones were far and away superior sounding horns to the new ones (I played both), both in terms of volume and tone quality. The workmanship was much better as well. I lost my first valve button inlay the first week we had the "new" ones, and all 3 were gone by texass. Pieces of crap.

As a former Pride Tuba player and Sooner Showman bass player, I have to ask:

Is it possible for you to geek out any more on a public forum?

apusooner
9/21/2006, 10:45 PM
just so you know, 98% of volume and tone quality is produced by the player, not the horn.

PrideTrombone
9/21/2006, 10:51 PM
just so you know, 98% of volume and tone quality is produced by the player, not the horn.

Yup. Your mouthpiece can make a bigger difference than the horn itself.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2006, 11:31 PM
Yup. Your mouthpiece can make a bigger difference than the horn itself.

Heh. And any horn good enouh to make a big difference I wouldn't take NEAR a marching field. ;)

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2006, 11:42 PM
I did a halftime show with a football stuck in my bell once.

Stole it from the bugeaters punter on my way out of the field.

hurricane'bone
9/21/2006, 11:45 PM
Heh. And any horn good enouh to make a big difference I wouldn't take NEAR a marching field. ;)

Dude...you should see the horn I'm playing on now.

Its....So....Bad.....***!!!!

OUTromBoNado
9/22/2006, 04:24 AM
Can't be any worse than my Conn that was made in the 1930s? That thing is awesome though. Small bore, no bell rim, and a crapload of edge (I know you guys remember it). The slide was better than any NEW trombone I've ever picked up.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/22/2006, 09:43 AM
I did a halftime show with a football stuck in my bell once.

Stole it from the bugeaters punter on my way out of the field.

Britt wouldn't let you get away with that...You'd probably wouldn't be able to be "1 in the spirit of the University" then...;)

BTW - You "da man"!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/22/2006, 12:51 PM
Was that Britt I saw in the black coats in tie down at the field. How did you guys travel - team charter? Did you all get taunted after the game? I saw a bunch of fans with flags in the area.

I sat on the complete other side of the stadium from them and they were blowing away the Oregon band, and that was only a third of The Pride. I thought it was pretty loud for a 100 or so people. You are not going hear them well if you are sitting on the the same side as them and the music is being projected away from you. That is why they always turn around and play to the fans on road trips.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/22/2006, 01:06 PM
I sat on the complete other side of the stadium from them and they were blowing away the Oregon band, and that was only a third of The Pride. I thought it was pretty loud for a 100 or so people. You are not going hear them well if you are sitting on the the same side as them and the music is being projected away from you. That is why they always turn around and play to the fans on road trips.

Which they either didn't do that, or were still very difficult to hear when they did...I did hear the Oregon band, or it could have been the pep band. It was weak, understandable from the pep band being reflected, poor if it was UO. UO sound at halftime was poor as well. The only thing I could hear was the fight song, and I only guessed that because people in the stands next to me were clapping rhythmically.

OUTrumpet
9/22/2006, 03:53 PM

We had a charter for the band, filled an entire plane. And we got taunted to, throughout and after the game. Including this palsy kid that came over, tried to cuss us out, and after failing, kinda hobbled off. We had a crapload of trash thrown at us, a drumline guy got molestered, and when we were leaving some of their band clapped, while some of their band mocked us.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/25/2006, 10:18 AM
We had a charter for the band, filled an entire plane. And we got taunted to, throughout and after the game. Including this palsy kid that came over, tried to cuss us out, and after failing, kinda hobbled off. We had a crapload of trash thrown at us, a drumline guy got molestered, and when we were leaving some of their band clapped, while some of their band mocked us.

Funny Oregon's band mocking anyone...They were so weak, they probably mocked themselves...

Dio
9/25/2006, 10:22 AM

:les: MOLESTERED?!!?

OklahomaTuba
9/25/2006, 11:28 AM
Now that drumline guy knows how Boomer and Sooner feel when they go to the osu game in stoolwater.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/25/2006, 11:33 AM
Being molestered doesn't equate to the molerestering we got in Stoolwater when they threw water balloons on us and kicked coach out of the stadium, and also slashed drum heads. (note: not all events happened at the same game).

Same as the guy (drunk I think) giving me shi'ite for doing the "Oooo U!" chant during kickoffs. Man, that guy was foaming and spitting from the mouth and his buds were trying to calm him down. I said, at least I am cheering FOR my University and came to enjoy the Eugene atmosphere...He left shortly thereafter.