PDA

View Full Version : In a blatent attempt to change the subject...

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/19/2006, 04:50 PM
Anyone else think the TRRW rule from the NFL should be brought into college? I thought AD's season was over after he got pulled down from behind by the pads. He came down really funky.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/19/2006, 04:51 PM
absolutely! I'm right there with you on this one.. I thought AD was done after seeing him brought down like that.

swardboy
9/19/2006, 04:52 PM
...and it happened to him more than once....I think it's a conspiracy. Hey, which reminds me, wasn't it kind of conspiratorial how the replay official didn't have all the available replay views....

:D

Blue
9/19/2006, 04:53 PM
No. It's a stupid rule. Just like qb's can't get hit high or low.

Pretty soon it's going to be illegal to tackle.

The Pussification of America.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/19/2006, 04:55 PM
No. It's a stupid rule. Just like qb's can't get hit high or low.

Pretty soon it's going to be illegal to tackle.

The Pussification of America.

I dont know. You cant bring a guy down by the face mask because its likely to cause an injury. How is this different?

Blue
9/19/2006, 04:57 PM
I dont know. You cant bring a guy down by the face mask because its likely to cause an injury. How is this different?

It's just more rules on how to tackle. A player can get hurt a thousand different ways. It's football and they should be allowed to play it.

StoopTroup
9/19/2006, 04:58 PM
It has to be done.

The injuries from these tackles aren't sprains and pulls.

soonermax
9/19/2006, 04:59 PM
I was wondering if Oregon was taught is how to tackle AD. I saw them do that last year during the Holiday Bowl and they did it twice during the game. Both times, AD was injured during those tackles. First, was his knee and second he was almost choked

rhombic21
9/19/2006, 05:01 PM
I think that they ought to adopt the NFL rule. Too many guys are getting hurt because of this. It's only a matter of time until somebody's career is ended because of it.

cjames317
9/19/2006, 05:34 PM
Here's how the Ticket surmised the NCAA's consideration & analysis of that type of question:

Should we prohibit the horse collar tackle?
NCAA: Would that generate revenue?
No, but it would prevent injuries to collegiate players.
NCAA: So it wouldn't generate revenue?
That's right.
NCAA: Next topic.

Boz was right.

salth2o
9/19/2006, 05:37 PM
I thought about this very same question this weekend. My answer is most definitely!

Snrfn4ever08
9/19/2006, 05:45 PM
I think it should be outlawed. I cringed when I saw Peterson go down like that