PDA

View Full Version : this is right about the time when sympathy begins to fade...

PDXsooner
9/19/2006, 04:37 PM
...and people begin to get tired of hearing all the complaining. i'm not suggesting anyone stops complaining if it makes you feel better. i'm just sayin' all the national sympathy will turn to annoyance right about now.

this one will always suck, and this game won't ever be able to be talked about without a caveat. but it will feel really good to begin to talk about something else...

how about this -- marcus walker played a hell of a game and if he and smith are our starting corners, i'll begin to feel a lot better about our pass D.

The Maestro
9/19/2006, 04:43 PM
I could care less about national sympathy myself. Hearing that Michael Wilbon or Skip Bayless ripped the officials doesn't make me feel any better. And hearing that Pat Forde or some Oregonian blogger thinks we are lunatics doesn't make me feel worse.

But, to follow your theme, Malcolm Kelly is THE man at receiver! Big time for a long time to come!

rhombic21
9/19/2006, 05:36 PM
Don't forget about Juaqin Iglesias. That dude came up huge for us.

I'm hopeful that a healthy Marcus Walker will help transform our defense from "above average" to "good". Having 2 shut down corners goes a long way in making the rest of the defense look a lot better.

Snrfn4ever08
9/19/2006, 05:53 PM
And that guy named AD! What about those kick returns?!?!?!?:D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/19/2006, 06:39 PM
PT is definitely showing improvement with the long passes.

Sooner_Bob
9/19/2006, 06:51 PM
...and people begin to get tired of hearing all the complaining.

I know I'm kinda gettin' tired of it. :O

GDC
9/19/2006, 08:33 PM
If Oregon had a sack they'd forfeit.

jonej_77
9/19/2006, 09:54 PM
If Oregon had a sack they'd forfeit.

Yeah because that's what OU would do

tulsaOUfan
9/19/2006, 09:56 PM
agreed. it's now for the message boards only. Boren, et al, should drop it. we don't need a backfire

Scotty
9/19/2006, 09:57 PM
Reggie Smith is clutch. Big time.

sooneron
9/19/2006, 10:05 PM
I'm hopeful that a healthy Marcus Walker will help transform our defense from "above average" to "good".
ABOVE AVERAGE? have you seen this D's rankings?

I will give it up to Marcus and Reggie, tho.