PDA

View Full Version : So, if the game is close, the blown call is ok?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/19/2006, 04:33 PM
I keep hearing that the call didn't change the game because we shouldn't have been in the position to lose. That is the biggest pile of horse**** ever.

The reason that we need ACCURATE calls on the field and now in the booth is for close games, not blowouts.

They get the call right, we win. Remember playing texas in the rain in the mid eighties? We intercept in the waining moments of the game, but we were called out (replay showed that we were a yard IN) Texas drives and we lose. If the refs get that call right, we win. Taurean Henderson may have been in, but a few plays earlier a poor spot was made on 4th and it's first down Tech. If the right call was made, we win.

Anyone that says we shouldn't have been in that position is really f'ing rediculous. Close games exist and bad calls can effect them.

Kingwoodboomer
9/19/2006, 04:38 PM
I keep hearing that same pile of crap...The thing that I did hear on the Dan Patrick show that is a legitimate statement is that one loss, and you're out of the hunt for NC. Now that having been said I say we blow the S*** out of the rest of the teams this season, and make the AP & Coaches decide.

The Maestro
9/19/2006, 04:39 PM
But we should hang half a hundred and shutout every team we play or the coaches prepared poorly and the players didn't execute!

Kingwoodboomer
9/19/2006, 04:40 PM
But we should hang half a hundred and shutout every team we play or the coaches prepared poorly and the players didn't execute!

According to every MORON analalyst....YES THAT MEANS YOU MR. JACK>>> COWHERD

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/19/2006, 04:40 PM
imo.. even if we let them score beofer the onside kick, we still win the game. this BS about we shouldn't have been in that position is ludacris. We would have won..no doubt. that F***ed up call not only struck our emotions deeply, but our momentum was completely lost. even though some say would "still had a chance to win" is retarded....we had the game won..and should'nt have had to be placed in the positino to "still win"

Stitch Face
9/19/2006, 04:52 PM
True. Saying "we should have done this, that, and the other and therefore not ended up in that situation" would apply to every close game in the history of sports.

Jewstin
9/19/2006, 04:59 PM
YARGH! YOU ARE OKLAHOMA!

IF YOU DON'T WIN BY 50, YOU LOSE!

YARGH, I AM AN UNBIASED SPORTS ANALYST.

leavingthezoo
9/19/2006, 05:26 PM
this is so freakin' obvious. of course if the game is close and you are in the lead, you do not deserve to win. in fact, be grateful for a blown call because otherwise, since you don't deserve to win, you'll have to find a way to lose on your own. i mean, c'mon. you only deserve to win if you are making a miracle comeback (losing) OR up by 30 points.

i mean, is this really so hard to compehend?

:P

Pepper
9/19/2006, 10:34 PM
Really. Imagine how many games USC could have been screwed on over the last couple of years if it's ok for officials to do it if the game is close. It's not uncommon for road games between top 25 teams to be close. That's no justification for screwing one team over another.
You know that OU is hated, just read Pat Forde's column and collegefootballnews.com. I wonder if this had happened to USC last year if the media would be telling them to quit whining.

Stoop Dawg
9/19/2006, 11:21 PM
You guys bring up a good point. Why even have refs? I mean, if you're good enough you can win without needing the other team to play by the rules, right? Who cares if they hold on every play, our D line should be able to fight through the hold and get pressure on the QB anyway.