PDA

View Full Version : OU/UO Game Discussed on Around the Horn today

SoonerInDC
9/19/2006, 04:18 PM
I was sure they were going to lambast us for protesting, but they instead talked about how the voters should vote as if we won the game.

pgagolfpro77
9/19/2006, 04:27 PM
Vote as if we won the game?

I think this is a great idea, but is highly unlikely.

We will be able to tell if this is the case next week when the polls come out.

If, after we beat MTSU by any amount, we are ranked in the top 10, then we will have been voted for as though we won the game.

Its pretty widely known that if we beat Oregon, we would have been #9-11 in the polls this week.

A jump from #17 to #10 after beating a measly MTSU would assuredly indicate that people felt as though we should have won the Oregon game.

and this would make me happy!

:D

Jewstin
9/19/2006, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath ...

Even though everybody knows it's the right thing to do, people will still hold onto the mechanisms of college football polling.

And we're Oklahoma. Nothing ever goes our way unless we make it.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/19/2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Around the Horn was right, the voters will absolutely know to not hold that game in their heads, especially if we play well these next weeks. I think the best thing for us to do is just shrug it off, the nation knows we got hosed, and continue to cheer like crazy and support our team as if they never lost

Blue
9/19/2006, 05:00 PM
We have to beat Texas and run the Big 12 to get any respect.

I think that is entirely possible.

RedstickSooner
9/19/2006, 05:06 PM
We also have to beat Texas for the season to be any fun.

So, frankly, I see no reason to worry any more about Oregon at this point. All I care about now is beating Tejas.

Beat them, and it'll feel like football again.

oumartin
9/19/2006, 05:21 PM
At least until OSU whips us! ;)

It was just a goof.

OklaUalum
9/19/2006, 05:44 PM
Vote as if we won the game?

I think this is a great idea, but is highly unlikely.

We will be able to tell if this is the case next week when the polls come out.

If, after we beat MTSU by any amount, we are ranked in the top 10, then we will have been voted for as though we won the game.

Its pretty widely known that if we beat Oregon, we would have been #9-11 in the polls this week.

A jump from #17 to #10 after beating a measly MTSU would assuredly indicate that people felt as though we should have won the Oregon game.

and this would make me happy!

:D
Not so sure about that.

I mean after all folks. Yes, I feel very strongly that the officiating cost us the game, certainly. But, let's face it. OU did quite a bit to cost themselves the game. We DID give up 500 yards to the other side. How many games do you know of, where you allow the other side that kind of production, and you walk away with a "W'? We had 1st and goal three x's from within the 7, and we walked away with zero touchdowns -9 points??? Heck, a decent football team would get at least a TD! GOOD teams are ranked in the top 15, alright? Decent teams, where we are. All of our Defensive stats are in the tank, I don't think I saw anything ranked in the top 75. That's not a top 10 team folks. Another thing I haven't seen dicscussed, is the fact that for the third game in a row, we got ourselves in trouble right off the bat. 4 plays into the game in this one, we're down 6-0! Again, we did our best to give it away, without respect to the officiating. Yep. The officiating f'd us out of the game, but don't be TOO ****ed off. We frankly need to get better, especially if we want to be considered by the voters to be top 10 team.

Snrfn4ever08
9/19/2006, 05:51 PM
Not so sure about that.

I mean after all folks. Yes, I feel very strongly that the officiating cost us the game, certainly. But, let's face it. OU did quite a bit to cost themselves the game. We DID give up 500 yards to the other side. How many games do you know of, where you allow the other side that kind of production, and you walk away with a "W'? We had 1st and goal three x's from within the 7, and we walked away with zero touchdowns -9 points??? Heck, a decent football team would get at least a TD! GOOD teams are ranked in the top 15, alright? Decent teams, where we are. All of our Defensive stats are in the tank, I don't think I saw anything ranked in the top 75. That's not a top 10 team folks. Another thing I haven't seen dicscussed, is the fact that for the third game in a row, we got ourselves in trouble right off the bat. 4 plays into the game in this one, we're down 6-0! Again, we did our best to give it away, without respect to the officiating. Yep. The officiating f'd us out of the game, but don't be TOO ****ed off. We frankly need to get better, especially if we want to be considered by the voters to be top 10 team.
There are a lot of people that keep bringing this up. All I have to ask is, did we play badly? Yes. Did we play well enough to win the game? Also yes. It doesn't matter if we played like a jr. high team (and at some points of that game, we did), if we played well enough to win the game, that gives perfect reason to be mad about what happened. The game was stolen. We didn't give enough effort, but we played plenty well enough to beat Oregon. That's all that really matters in football. It doesn't matter if you looked good and scored 33 or if you looked bad and scored 33. If you scored 33 and the other team wasn't good enough to score that many, you deserve to win. Trust me though, in no way am I condoning the way our defense played Saturday. For much of the game, they played horrendously, but they still played better than Oregon.

OklaPony
9/19/2006, 05:52 PM
At least until OSU whips us! ;)

It was just a goof.

I enjoyed your Avatars more when they included breasts. I haven't been around much lately, maybe I missed something. You're not boycotting breasts, are you?

stoopified
9/19/2006, 05:55 PM
I too have been surprised that we have gotten national support from the guys at ATH,PTI,Cold Plzza.Has anyone heard anything from Mike & Mike (ESPN radio)?

Snrfn4ever08
9/19/2006, 06:00 PM
I too have been surprised that we have gotten national support from the guys at ATH,PTI,Cold Plzza.Has anyone heard anything from Mike & Mike (ESPN radio)?
Yea, I've been telling everybody that the supreme proof that we got hosed is ESPN is on our sides on this one.:D