PDA

View Full Version : So if you're a Duck fan

Partial Qualifier
9/19/2006, 11:36 AM
do you just write this off as 'another bad call' and celebrate the big win? Do you take ANY satisfaction at all in the outcome?

I try to put myself in other people's shoes. personally, if I were a Duck fan I celebrate the big win at first, because "the fan" in me convinces "the rest" of me that this was just another bad call, etc. etc.

But as I watch the video, see the evidence, note the 1-sided national reaction, at some point it dawns on me that this wasn't just another bad call. It's shamefully wrong and reeks of dishonesty. I'm at least a *little* embarrassed for celebrating the "big win" over Oklahoma.

"well OU should've stopped that last TD or hit the Field Goal" -- that's complete bull****. As one could imagine, the coaches and players were completely stunned from that point on. This wasn't a typical "bad call".

Though, if I WERE a Duck fan, I don't know how long it would take to realize anything that happened after the robbery didn't really matter.

GrapevineSooner
9/19/2006, 11:42 AM
I'd feel cheated if I was a Duck fan.

Because through no fault of their own, their win last Saturday is going to have a big fat asterisk next to it in the court of public opinion.

And through no fault of their own, their conference probably cost them some marquee matchups.

nativesooner
9/19/2006, 11:48 AM
Last year when we got back to the hotel in Lubbock after the game we came across a group of TT fans in the lobby. They said "hey guys, great game, did you see the replay?" We said "no not yet, we just got in" they replied, "well, you're probably going to be pretty ****ed off, but hey thanks though, we needed it" We just laughed until we saw the replay and Henderson on the local news saying "Did I score (smiling) the refs said I did". You'll probably get a handful of fans who think they shouldn't have won that way, but the majority are still celebrating as we speak and wishing OU would quit talking about it.

ColumbusSooner
9/19/2006, 11:49 AM
If it happened that OU was given a game in the way that Oregon was given this game, I'd be happy that we won but I'd feel like crap about the way it happened.

I think Oregon fans are reacting rationally. It's the damned media who are looking like idiots. The only one who has written anything resembling a piece of actual journalism about the debacle is Matt Zemek from CFN. He even gives credit to the OU defense rather than saying that they're crap, or whatever else all the other media fools are saying. For God's sake, did any of them watch the game? The defense made the plays necessary to win the game. They stepped up. They DID NOT blow up. I'm guessing their spirits were a little broken after the robbery occured and didn't play as well as they could have for the last seconds of the game, but come the freak on! I'm proud of the D.

mightysooner
9/19/2006, 11:49 AM
Duck fans are desperate for respect and legitimacy. They expected they'd get their win in the same fashion as they did over Michigan years ago at home after which their dazzling introduction to the college football world peter'd out. They were hoping an OU win would be another introduction as a legitimate "big boy program" as they all gleefully stated after the game "this proves we can play with the big boys now!". However, OU refused to lay down like Michigan did years ago and didn't seem affected by mighty Autzen's "crowd", nor were they willing to concede defeat. In fact they were going to administer defeat. When Oregon's "Michigan Part II" failed to materialize, they hijacked the game out of desperation for legitimacy. They couldn't bare the truth, which is.......you still can't play with the big boys Oregon......even when they're not very good.

All this being said......of course Ducks fans are jumping with joy over the outcome of the game. They think this is their emergence as a power on the national scene and that's why they're sticking to their story so hard. They've waited too long for another defining Michigan moment and they're willing to overlook the corruption so they can feel the buzz of legitimacy after all the criticism they've taken over the years since the season collapsed after that Michigan game. That's what this is really all about.

jonej_77
9/19/2006, 12:01 PM

Because through no fault of their own, their win last Saturday is going to have a big fat asterisk next to it in the court of public opinion.

And through no fault of their own, their conference probably cost them some marquee matchups.

That's about right. Being at Autzen and seeing the comeback was great one of the best things I have seen in sports. Be mindful that even at the game there was no clear replay on the big screen (probably for a reason) Once I got home and watched it I did feel that we got the call to go our way, we got a lucky call that all there is to it. Can you as Sooner fans say that a bad call has never gone your way? But the duck players fought hard and didn't give up so in that respect I’m very proud of our team. Anyway good luck on the rest of the season Sooners. And I do hope you guys win out so we can see you in a BCS bowl at the end of the year. Imagine what that game would be like.

Eddie Money
9/19/2006, 12:17 PM
I think the rest of their season will greatly affect how they feel about it. If they win out or lose only to USC, then they will probably think they caught a break but still feel legitimized. If they lose a few games, then they will (the honest ones will, anyway) feel a lot worse about it and realize the only way they could beat us was to cheat (or have the refs cheat for them).

This is going to hurt them as far as future games, and if they lose one of the next two road games, I imagine the voters will be very harsh with their rankings. Hopefully this incident will hurt the rest of the Pac 10 and make the voters a little more cautious when it comes to the conference, but that's just my vengeful side talking.

SoonToBeGone06
9/19/2006, 02:40 PM
do you just write this off as 'another bad call' and celebrate the big win? Do you take ANY satisfaction at all in the outcome?

I try to put myself in other people's shoes. personally, if I were a Duck fan I celebrate the big win at first, because "the fan" in me convinces "the rest" of me that this was just another bad call, etc. etc.

But as I watch the video, see the evidence, note the 1-sided national reaction, at some point it dawns on me that this wasn't just another bad call. It's shamefully wrong and reeks of dishonesty. I'm at least a *little* embarrassed for celebrating the "big win" over Oklahoma.

"well OU should've stopped that last TD or hit the Field Goal" -- that's complete bull****. As one could imagine, the coaches and players were completely stunned from that point on. This wasn't a typical "bad call".

Though, if I WERE a Duck fan, I don't know how long it would take to realize anything that happened after the robbery didn't really matter.

Have you EVER been happy when a bad call went OU's way?

Oklahomah has NEVER benefited from calls going there way. Boo-Hoo

TUSooner
9/19/2006, 02:46 PM
I would be happy with the win, and would take it as a win.
I would rationalize about how we somehow "deserved" to win in some cosmic sense, and I would argue that the refs' blunder was not "the real reason" we won.
I would know that we were "lucky" and I would wonder just how confident to feel about the team in the future. I might think that the lucky break is going to start us on our way to a great and luck-filled season, or I might feel like we should not expect any more luck this season, because we've alredy got our share. Karma? wassat?

TUSooner
9/19/2006, 02:49 PM

Oh c'mon. That was not a "bad call" such as happen all the time. That call was in a class of badness all by itself, except for the notorious "5th down" Colorado got several years ago.

But, if a D*ck, I'd take the win and be happy and try not to think about the "lucky break."

Jackal
9/19/2006, 03:02 PM
Anyway good luck on the rest of the season Sooners. And I do hope you guys win out so we can see you in a BCS bowl at the end of the year. Imagine what that game would be like.

No thanks, regardless of how things are at the end of the year........OU has no reason or motivation to play Oregon again. We have beat you 3 times in the last 2 years and yes I am counting this past Saturday.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/19/2006, 04:49 PM
I heard Bomar was actually reveiwing the play in the booth. Is that true?
No seriously Sooners, you guys got ripped off. It was a fun game to be at and everyone looked like they just saw a ghost while leaving the stadium. Most were speachless.
Nobody in the stadium knew how bad the call was until much later.
This story has taken a life of it's own.
Many of you are putting words in our mouth and think we are gloating when we are not. We know with out that call we would have not won that game, obviously, but we did get that call and then added drama to it by actually cashing in.
Sorry it happened that way but thats the way it happened.

Stoop Dawg
9/19/2006, 06:40 PM

I agree. Oregon played a good game. Their guys played with fire in those final minutes. All the media attention over the blown call only detracts from their play.

lil'duck
9/19/2006, 06:54 PM

While the game was happening I was really excited. After I watched the reviews....I became depressed. This is a huge stain on the Oregon program that will probably live in the minds of many for decades. This isn't how I want my team to be known. And who in their right minds will ever come out to the Pac-10 and play now? nobody. I would really like it if the Ducks would forfeit the win to the Sooners. That's the only real way I can think of to redeem the integrity of the program. It would be the right thing to do, anyway.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 07:12 PM
I live near 3 duck fans here in Ca. they are acting like their SH!T don't stink....They were so desperate for a Win they could care less IF it came by cheating....They are jumping for Joy - One guy who was at the game said to me.. "I was there - I really know what happened - we recovered the Fumble"

I Don't believe any of these ducks that post here -- They are gleaming with joy....this goes back all the way to 1966 - they could care less what Gordon did....They Love the guy....! --- JMHO

Still R'

lil'duck
9/19/2006, 07:39 PM
I live near 3 duck fans here in Ca. they are acting like their SH!T don't stink....They were so desperate for a Win they could care less IF it came by cheating....They are jumping for Joy - One guy who was at the game said to me.. "I was there - I really know what happened - we recovered the Fumble"

I Don't believe any of these ducks that post here -- They are gleaming with joy....this goes back all the way to 1966 - they could care less what Gordon did....They Love the guy....! --- JMHO

Still R'

Well, I can’t speak for all Duck fans, just myself. And I am on the level. There will be a cloud of suspicion on the Ducks and the entire Pac-10 for a very long time. No one game is worth that. I've been a long time fan, and I remember the days when we were happy just to have a winning season. I still feel that way, but a lot of newer fans don't remember those days.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2006, 07:44 PM
like Rhome said for the rest of the year when UO gets a bad call that's kharma coming back to kick your ***.

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2006, 07:47 PM
like Rhome said for the rest of the year when UO gets a bad call that's kharma coming back to kick your ***.
so......what brought on our bad karma?

just curious.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 07:50 PM
Well, I can’t speak for all Duck fans, just myself. And I am on the level. There will be a cloud of suspicion on the Ducks and the entire Pac-10 for a very long time. No one game is worth that. I've been a long time fan, and I remember the days when we were happy just to have a winning season. I still feel that way, but a lot of newer fans don't remember those days.

You sound Sincere....I take it back about all duck fans....you have my apology....Keep Rockin'

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2006, 07:52 PM
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

THERE'S A GOOD DUCK!

lil'duck
9/19/2006, 07:55 PM
You sound Sincere....I take it back about all duck fans....you have my apology....Keep Rockin'

thanks. I think you are right, though, that a LOT of Duck fans would like to somehow justify the calls, or the win, or something so they can feel like the win was legit. But it just wasn't. I'm sure you've already heard that the Pac-10 official who made those calls was suspended and is now getting death threats on his phone.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 08:06 PM
thanks. I think you are right, though, that a LOT of Duck fans would like to somehow justify the calls, or the win, or something so they can feel like the win was legit. But it just wasn't. I'm sure you've already heard that the Pac-10 official who made those calls was suspended and is now getting death threats on his phone.

Yep we've all heard -- Sounds like someone who lost a lot of Money on this game --- that doesn't mean he's a Sooner Fan - Any big time gambler could have made that call - but everyone assumes it was a OU Fan ...Let Gordon go on Radio and tell the truth -- He said his supervisor knows what really happened - Lets hear from that guy....Read everything Gordon has said and looks like 2 plus 2 = 5 .... Something don't add up.....JMHO.

jonej_77
9/19/2006, 08:11 PM

Still R'

cheated?? the ducks didn't cheat, the Duck players went by what was called on the field then they did what was needed for them to get the W.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 08:21 PM
cheated?? the ducks didn't cheat, the Duck players went by what was called on the field then they did what was needed for them to get the W.

I didn't say the duck players cheated - I said the 3 ducks fans I know couldn't care less if the win came by cheating....re-read my post....

Still R'

gobruinblue
9/19/2006, 08:26 PM
I date someone from Oklahoma, so I know how important the game of football is to you all :-). I also know how BAd it feels to have a game taken away. We had one that was pretty much taken away from us against usc in 2004 by that SAME ref. With that being said. You need to move on. It's happened to a lot of us. I mean, come on guys, threatening the ref and his family??? It's a game, not life or death.

QuakAttak
9/19/2006, 08:28 PM
I am a Duck fan. I was at the game. I did see the game on tv. You, Sooners lost the game fair and square.

The officiating was horrible in the first, second, third and fourth quarters. Twice, your team ran plays after the 25 second clock had expired and on one of those, the screen pass led to an eventual td. No reviews, just blown calls. The pass interference call on you guys and the onside kick were blown calls.

You had 1st and goal TWICE and couldn't punch it in and had to settle for field goals. That's 8 points we kept you from having. We blocked your last field goal attempt, another 3 you should have had. That makes it 11 points you failed to capitalize on. WE beat you in almost every statistical catagory except time of possession. Face it, you lost. Get over it or it will cost you another "L" this Saturday.

Oh yeah, did you see the fumble you had against UAB that was ruled down? Another blown call. Deja vu all over again.

KingDavid
9/19/2006, 08:33 PM
I am a Duck fan. I was at the game. I did see the game on tv. You, Sooners lost the game fair and square.

The officiating was horrible in the first, second, third and fourth quarters. Twice, your team ran plays after the 25 second clock had expired and on one of those, the screen pass led to an eventual td. No reviews, just blown calls. The pass interference call on you guys and the onside kick were blown calls.

You had 1st and goal TWICE and couldn't punch it in and had to settle for field goals. That's 8 points we kept you from having. We blocked your last field goal attempt, another 3 you should have had. That makes it 11 points you failed to capitalize on. WE beat you in almost every statistical catagory except time of possession. Face it, you lost. Get over it or it will cost you another "L" this Saturday.

Oh yeah, did you see the fumble you had against UAB that was ruled down? Another blown call. Deja vu all over again.

"Every time I try to leave, they suck me back in . . ."

- Michael Corleone

Admins, please help me heal! Kick this phuck off our board.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 08:35 PM
I date someone from Oklahoma, so I know how important the game of football is to you all :-). I also know how BAd it feels to have a game taken away. We had one that was pretty much taken away from us against usc in 2004 by that SAME ref. With that being said. You need to move on. It's happened to a lot of us. I mean, come on guys, threatening the ref and his family??? It's a game, not life or death.

What PROOF do you have that anyone from Oklahoma or any Oklahoma fan threaten this guys Life....??

Do you expect us to believe the guy who said he had only one video frame to look at..??? -- Get the real facts or better yet get Gordon on tv or radio and tell the truth
What is he afraid off...??? -- I'm sure he's got a new phone number by now...~~

GDC
9/19/2006, 08:38 PM
If OU "won" a game like that I would have said oh well that's how the ball bounces sometimes, about like Belotti said. I say do away with instant replay, and just deal with the outcomes as they happen.

gobruinblue
9/19/2006, 08:46 PM
What PROOF do you have that anyone from Oklahoma or any Oklahoma fan threaten this guys Life....??

Do you expect us to believe the guy who said he had only one video frame to look at..??? -- Get the real facts or better yet get Gordon on tv or radio and tell the truth
What is he afraid off...??? -- I'm sure he's got a new phone number by now...~~

What proof do you have that it wasn't someone from Oklahoma? However, I may have written that incorrectly. WHOEVER is sending those threats should get real. It's JUST a game.

KingDavid
9/19/2006, 08:59 PM
What proof do you have that it wasn't someone from Oklahoma? However, I may have written that incorrectly. WHOEVER is sending those threats should get real. It's JUST a game.

Who says the calls even exist? It's clear that this ref cannot be relied upon to effectively review his own voicemail.

Boarder
9/19/2006, 09:02 PM
The next day in Portland the Oregon fans were very proud of thier win. There was no talk whatsoever about a bad call giving them the game. It was only "we're so proud of our team" talk.

At the game, there was very little replay shown, so no one knew how bad it was.

And the news there was very different from what I've heard it was here.

lil'duck
9/19/2006, 09:03 PM
Yep we've all heard -- Sounds like someone who lost a lot of Money on this game --- that doesn't mean he's a Sooner Fan - Any big time gambler could have made that call - but everyone assumes it was a OU Fan ...Let Gordon go on Radio and tell the truth -- He said his supervisor knows what really happened - Lets hear from that guy....Read everything Gordon has said and looks like 2 plus 2 = 5 .... Something don't add up.....JMHO.

oh btw, I didn't mean to insinuate a Sooner fan made those calls. I had just heard about it and thought how crazy that was.

footballfanatic
9/19/2006, 09:13 PM
As a Horn fan, I'm ticked off that OU got screwed, thereby lessening the weight of the RRS. I may have to re-post the worst officiated games of all time poll. It was extremely popular last yearafter the TT game.

FYI, the sports radio in Austin is 100% in the Sooner camp.

Crimson_Balls
9/19/2006, 09:15 PM
SPEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

OUinFLA
9/19/2006, 09:16 PM
If OU "won" a game like that I would have said oh well that's how the ball bounces sometimes, about like Belotti said. I say do away with instant replay, and just deal with the outcomes as they happen.

the problem I see with that is the broadcast companies are still going to show bad calls ad naseum, and fans will be really upset if there is no vehicle to have overturned a call.

I think the only solution is..............radio broadcasts only.
We all know we can rely on BBS for accuracy.
:D

Nate Johnson
9/19/2006, 09:58 PM

Wow. You are really thick skulled aren't you?

Bad call? How about some kind of active participation on the part of the officiating team to change the outcome of the game.

Oregon did not recover the onside kick and the pass interference call on the ensuing drive was tipped at the line. The refs had instant replay and they still made the wrong call. It wasn't even a close call. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Duckwriter
9/19/2006, 10:12 PM
Look, EVERYONE needs to calm the hell down.

I think OU fans, given the time to think about it, will admit that the Sooners have had their share of questionable -- even outright blatant -- calls that went their way. On the other hand, Duck fans need to recognize a couple of facts, here:

1) The last TD was awesome ... picture perfect.

2) The blocked FG was beyond awesome ... it was magical. Talk about clutch - that is the very essence of clutch. Duck players and coaches can take justifiable pride in that moment, which is so rare as to make it priceless. Like Belotti said in the conference call today: "As a coach, I'm as proud of that play and of the players who made it, as anything else in my career" (I'm paraphrasing). Own that, Duck fans. Feel good about that, because it bodes well for this team's heart, and it's a long, long road to that bowl game -- they're going to need that kind of heart.

3) Neither play should have happened. It's just a fact. Deal with it. OU should have been awarded that ball, and outside of the OU center standing up and handing the ball to the noseguard instead of hiking it to his quarterback so he could take knee ... the game was over, and it was an OU win.

4) Sometimes football is just as unfair as life. Sometimes it only rains when your team has the ball. Deal with it, OU fans. Time to move on ...

5) Any Duck fan who gloats about this "win" ought to be ashamed of him (or her) self. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be just as ticked off.

gobruinblue
9/19/2006, 10:48 PM
Who says the calls even exist? It's clear that this ref cannot be relied upon to effectively review his own voicemail.

lol Very funny. Since UCLA has been jobbed by the same ref, I think you have a point there. BUT, why would he make that up? I still say, move on. This isn't the first time or the last time a ref will screw up. I know you are upset, but be done with this. You're starting to look like a bunch of crybabies. :( And with this, I end my posting career on your Oklahoma Sooner board. au revoir !

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2006, 10:53 PM
And with this, I end my posting career on your Oklahoma Sooner board. au revoir !
after only three posts.

I've only worked up a mild distaste for you so far. You can't quit yet.

Gang Green
9/20/2006, 11:34 AM
While the game was happening I was really excited. After I watched the reviews....I became depressed. This is a huge stain on the Oregon program that will probably live in the minds of many for decades. This isn't how I want my team to be known. And who in their right minds will ever come out to the Pac-10 and play now? nobody. I would really like it if the Ducks would forfeit the win to the Sooners. That's the only real way I can think of to redeem the integrity of the program. It would be the right thing to do, anyway.

Lil Duck, I have to say I disagree with you. This should not reflect on the team at all, no one on the Oregon sideline had anything to do with making that call. The Pac-10 officials should be the one's this reflects on. The program had nothing to do with it. More over as a Duck fan I think the call was bad, I also think that OU had it in them to win that game. But I guess we will never know, unless.........Did someone say rematch in a Bowl!!

Oh yeah I did!

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 11:45 AM
I'll take the rematch, tempura duck sounds yummy

sitzpinkler
9/20/2006, 11:51 AM
That's about right. Being at Autzen and seeing the comeback was great one of the best things I have seen in sports. Be mindful that even at the game there was no clear replay on the big screen (probably for a reason) Once I got home and watched it I did feel that we got the call to go our way, we got a lucky call that all there is to it. Can you as Sooner fans say that a bad call has never gone your way? But the duck players fought hard and didn't give up so in that respect I’m very proud of our team. Anyway good luck on the rest of the season Sooners. And I do hope you guys win out so we can see you in a BCS bowl at the end of the year. Imagine what that game would be like.

no offense, but don't kid yourself, if we were to meet again this year, we would thoroughly destroy you

TUSooner
9/20/2006, 11:59 AM
I agree. Oregon played a good game. Their guys played with fire in those final minutes. All the media attention over the blown call only detracts from their play.
Good point. Were I a D*ck, I'd take comfort in knowing that at least we took full advantage of the gift.

Gang Green
9/20/2006, 12:01 PM
no offense, but don't kid yourself, if we were to meet again this year, we would thoroughly destroy you

Don't kid yourself, OU didn't put Oregon away this time(before and contorversy)I'll take the rematch, you talk to Stoops I'll hit up Bellotti!

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 12:03 PM
I say we have a fans game, Soonerfans vs Donaldfans to decide who the winner is.

Gang Green
9/20/2006, 12:07 PM
I say we have a fans game, Soonerfans vs Donaldfans to decide who the winner is.
I am so there!! If we lose I'll buy the first round!

ADs_Agent
9/20/2006, 12:08 PM
we'll call ESPN and have them cover it, it'd be the story of the year. Fans of Oregon and Oklahoma decide once and for all who should have won.

Pricetag
9/20/2006, 12:19 PM
The "death threat" thing is a total copout, an overly-simplistic attempt to deflect criticism back our way.

It only takes one idiot to pick up the phone and do something like that. To try to take something like that and project it onto all of us is intellectually dishonest, and I was disappointed to see the reporter from Oregon, who had written a lot of nice stuff to that point, seize upon it in an attempt to end the debate.

GDC
9/20/2006, 12:27 PM
http://www.mid-americafootball.com/images/site/referees.gif

Duck fans

lil'duck
9/20/2006, 05:44 PM
The "death threat" thing is a total copout, an overly-simplistic attempt to deflect criticism back our way.

It only takes one idiot to pick up the phone and do something like that. To try to take something like that and project it onto all of us is intellectually dishonest, and I was disappointed to see the reporter from Oregon, who had written a lot of nice stuff to that point, seize upon it in an attempt to end the debate.

I honestly wasn’t trying to do that at all (I think you meant me…). I realized that’s how it sounded after I posted it and got response, which is why I re-phrased my intentions later in the thread. I was just trying to underscore how big of an issue this is on the national scene. People that unhinged and unbalanced that make those kinds of calls, do so for reasons only known to them. And I was obviously “Johnny come lately” with the news, anyway. So, I apologize for ending it on a sour note.

Nate Johnson
9/20/2006, 08:21 PM
I'll take the rematch, tempura duck sounds yummy

I'm all for a rematch. I'll offer my services as replay official!

poke4christ
9/21/2006, 12:12 AM
I only read the first post, but I've got a question.

To truely put yourself in Oregon's shoes, think about the '02 Texas Tech Basketball game. If you remember, there were several seconds that the clock was stoped during the last play. Without it, OU probably wouldn't have won. How did you guys react to that game? How do you feel about that game vs. how you feel about the Oregon game?

This probably only applies to those here who are B-ball fans as well.

DuckGirl
9/21/2006, 01:50 AM
I just want to let Sooner fans know that Duck fans are not okay about this at all despite what you might hear. I spent a lot of my childhood in Norman very close to the stadium - I used to make signs for the football games as the traffic went by on game day. THIS entire fiasco is killing me. I wore my OU hat and duck shirt on Saturday and was so excited to see the OU fans because they are the nicest fans that I've ever met. I've been to several away games. My fiance and I went down to Norman a couple years ago when the Ducks played and I was so thrilled at how nice everyone was. I wanted the Ducks to win so bad this last Saturday not because I don't like the Sooners but I wanted the underdog to get it this time. I'm so upset at how this has turned out. My two favorite team's fans hate each other right now!

Honestly, I would have rather seen a blownout either way so this mess wouldn't have happened.

KingDavid
9/21/2006, 02:27 AM
I mean, come on guys, threatening the ref and his family??? It's a game, not life or death.

You know, you're right. And I appreciate you having the guts to confront as as a group.

Fellas, we need to rethink our collective decision to pepper the ref with death threats. It was made in haste and was clearly a product of group-think.

For that matter, let's have the state representatives reconvene another emergency session so that they can disband the state-sponsored posse/lynch-mob they sent to Oregon, before it arrives.

Jewstin
9/21/2006, 02:43 AM
Darn it, the lynch mob is off? What am I going to do with these 1950s era pickup trucks, pitchforks, and banjo-based hillbilly chase-music cassette tapes? This always happens when we get a good ole lynch mob together. People are so PC nowadays.

Hayuck.

KingDavid
9/21/2006, 02:49 AM
Darn it, the lynch mob is off? What am I going to do with these 1950s era pickup trucks, pitchforks, and banjo-based hillbilly chase-music cassette tapes? This always happens when we get a good ole lynch mob together. People are so PC nowadays.

Hayuck.

I know. These duck fans are real kill-joys.

Partial Qualifier
9/21/2006, 06:59 AM
I only read the first post, but I've got a question.

To truely put yourself in Oregon's shoes, think about the '02 Texas Tech Basketball game. If you remember, there were several seconds that the clock was stoped during the last play. Without it, OU probably wouldn't have won. How did you guys react to that game? How do you feel about that game vs. how you feel about the Oregon game?

This probably only applies to those here who are B-ball fans as well.

Yes, I remember. Not even close to the same magnitude and let's be realistic, the only reason you remember that game is because you were a Poke fan rooting like crazy for OU to lose that day. But to answer the question, I'll summarize like this: I didn't feel too badly about it (couldn't have happened to a better coach, i.e. Bobby Knight) but I didn't start jumping up & down and yelling in celebration.

The Tech bball game was a typical officiating goof, they happen all the time in sports. The oregon fiasco is already labeled one of the all-time worst bad-call situations ever in the history of sports. Not really comparable.