PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch Letterman?

Eddie Money
9/19/2006, 11:30 AM
I think it was the Monday night show, but I'm not sure because the programming here is random and delayed. Anyway, the reason I ask is Dave was talking to Rupert the Asian Deli guy and he (Rupert) was wearing an OU shirt. I was in the gym so I couldn't hear what was being said, but I thought surely it was a shout out because they thought we got screwed too. Or do I just have the Crimson glasses on?

I haven't watched in a while, so maybe he has a thing like Ted Knight on Too Close For Comfort where he wore a diffeerent college's shirt every day, I dunno. Also there was a black guy in there.

sooneron
9/19/2006, 11:33 AM
Rupert has worn the OU shirt in the past. Didn't see it.

85Sooner
9/19/2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah I saw that but didn't hear anything either.

bstuff1979
9/19/2006, 11:37 AM
saw the OU shirt, but tuned in about a minute too late to hear anything but random banter about a puppet. on a somewhat related note, letterman had on a red tie and dr. phil (the guest for the night) had on a red shirt. coincidence? absolutely, but it would be interesting to hear if they mentioned the screw job.

Got Rice OU
9/19/2006, 11:41 AM
anyone have a screenshot?

GDN
9/19/2006, 11:45 AM
I Tivo Letterman every night, but seldom have time to watch - I was skipping through last night and caught Rupert in the shirt - I was very surprised - I had never seen him wear that. I went back and watched the whole show - not another word was ever mentioned. I don't remember if I deleted it or not - if it is still there tonight I'll try to take a still shot of it and post.

Crimson Blonde
9/19/2006, 11:46 AM
Saw the commercial, but don't know if anything was said....

I've seen him wearing a Hook 'em shirt before too though.

william_brasky
9/19/2006, 11:46 AM
Rupert has been making the phone call death threats.

SoonerObsession
9/19/2006, 11:57 AM
I've seen him wear a Nebraska and Ohio State t-shirt before.

Sooner_75
9/19/2006, 11:57 AM
I have seen him wearing an OU shirt on a few occasions here is one from a few years ago.

http://www.tampatantrum.com/ispy/rupertg.jpg

kingswitz
9/19/2006, 12:03 PM
Rupert has said many times before that he recieves them from all over the country in the mail. He said on a previous show that he just wears them because they are free.