PDA

View Full Version : My email to Colin Cowherd

Veritas
9/19/2006, 11:12 AM
I just had to listen to this idiot for an hour and a half lambast OU for protesting this screwjob so vigorously.

So I just fired him this email:

Hey Colin,

Don't look now, but your bias is showing.

You have been, are, and always will be a Big 12 hater, and especially an OU hater. If Notre Dame or USC had gotten screwed the way OU did, you'd be screaming for a week.

You keep talking about "a bad call." It wasn't one bad call; it was two bad calls, one of which provided three opportunities for the Pac 12 replay officials to get it right. On the kickoff, a Duck hit the ball before it had gone 10 yards (screwup #1), a Duck hit a Sooner inside that 10 yards (screwup #2), and the Sooners came up with the ball (screwup #3). Then a pass intereference penalty was called when the ball was clearly tipped at the line of scrimmage (screwup #4).

Your theory about bad calls being "part of the game" would hold water...if we didn't have instant replay. Anyone can easily see at least 3 of the 4 screwups I've mentioned. And your theory about the refs being poor quality because they don't get paid enough is leaky as well. ANYBODY can run a TiVo...except, obviously, for Pac 10 officials.

The Pac 10 replay officials didn't just make "a bad call." They saw the opportunity to make the right call and passed it by in favor of their conference. That goes far far beyond "a bad call."

Chris
Lincoln, Nebraska

colleyvillesooner
9/19/2006, 11:16 AM
word.

TopDawg
9/19/2006, 11:18 AM
Sometimes holding is a bad call. Or roughing the passer is a bad call.

These weren't bad calls. They were wrong calls. Indisputably wrong.

Conferences don't apologize for bad calls.

ADs_Agent
9/19/2006, 11:20 AM
"bad", "wrong" are understatements let's start with horrific as a good adjective

sooneron
9/19/2006, 11:51 AM
Why would ANYONE listen to that no-talent *** clown anyway???

soonerinabilene
9/19/2006, 12:02 PM
he kept saying that we still should have stopped them, thats its our fault because we let them score twice in the last 1:30. well hey colin, if the call was made correctly, they would have scored ONCE and we would have taken two knees and ended the freakin game. we did stop them when we came out of the onside kick with the ball. his view on it is like saying that a guy on death row gets a pardon from the governer, and the warden looks at the guy and says, "well, even though you got a pardon, we are still going to shoot you up with this stuff, and see what happens. after we do that, if you die, then we will say that your immune system should have been strong enough to stop the drugs and its your fault. kind of a rough analogy to make sense on the net instead of in person, but hopefully you get my point.

Widescreen
9/19/2006, 12:05 PM
What's the Pac 12?

;)

OUinFLA
9/19/2006, 12:12 PM
What's the Pac 12?

;)

10 universities and 2 replay officials.
Hard to beat them.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2006, 12:25 PM
My email to the Herd...

I know you are a loyal Duck fan, or any Oregon team for that matter, we as Oregonians appreciate that. But your blatant bias over this whole thing is ridiculous. What I would think someone in your position should do is (Knowing there was bad calls made) is call out the PAC10 for the injustices that are very apparent. They are back tracking and trying to do the very minimum to get this over with. But unfortunately the rest of the nation wont bye it. You see I was at the game Saturday. It was the most exciting thing I have ever been to...until I went home and watched the video, over and over and over again. I had to be missing something I thought. But no. It was blatant and what I believe to be crooked somehow. I am not one to go on conspiracy theories but this should be looked into.
This is not only an injustice OU and the big 12 but to also the UO Ducks. The Duck's have been on the receiving end of some bad NCAA calls it self i.e. Letting Nebraska go the NC game after not even wining their Conference, Oregon clearly should have gone instead. And last year not getting into a BCS game also an injustice. But this is not some BCS computer screw job. This is blatant, for a lack of a better word, CHEATING.
This is not going to help the Duck's in anyway. Big name schools are already looking at their contracts with UO for future Non Conference games and seeing what they can do to get out of them. This is going to set UO back DECADES. And I think it is a lack of reasonable responses by PAC 10 officials, UO Coaches and Reporters like you that are making it worse. If I were in your shoes, and really wanted to make this right, I would praise your Duck's for playing a valiant game, but also I would hold the Team and PAC10 officials responsible for getting this RIGHT. And accept that there is more here that meets the eye. Someone with your research power should look at all the angles not just your home town JADED View of the game and the outcome. I think you owe it to not only your fans here in Oregon but also the Duck's. There going to need it. Because if they ever have anything questionable that has anything to do with the BCS, I think they again will get screwed. Unfortunate, because I think UO WAS on the way up.

tbl
9/19/2006, 12:35 PM
My cousin called in and brought up his hypocrisy b/c he would not shut up about Seattle getting screwed by the officials in the Superbowl... Apparently he glossed over it and still brought up the D giving up 500 yards, even though he wouldn't answer how much yardage the Ducks gave up.

The_Red_Patriot
9/19/2006, 01:07 PM
I listened to his show last friday. He said Oklahoma was gonna get dominated by Oregon and Oklahoma fans or "terrible people".

Wow, he was spot on with Oregon dominating us!

They sure did

Scott D
9/19/2006, 01:10 PM
Veritittays you dissapoint me. That is all.