PDA

View Full Version : The Latest from MSN Sports

Blues1
9/19/2006, 07:31 AM
Link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14895292/

This Ain't Over yet....!!!!

Keep Rockin' -- they will cave in...!!!!!

CtheB
9/19/2006, 07:32 AM
I hope it's over.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 07:45 AM
Dennis Dodd .....Link

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/9634614

Keep R'

Sooner_Bob
9/19/2006, 07:53 AM
Please let this end . . . I'm sick of people calling us sore losers. Even though only an idiot would say something like that this has got to stop.

Miko
9/19/2006, 07:56 AM
It's over.

Well, not the crying. Not at my house, anyway. But other than that, it's over.

MarylandSooner
9/19/2006, 07:57 AM
I cannot start a thread, I guess I do not have enough post's but o'well I am going to say what I have to say now.

What happened on Saturday afternoon goes well beyond the actual incorrect call's by the officials, and If someone else has said this I am sorry for repeating it.

The problem with what happened Saturday, and basically in the end doing nothing about it has established a precedent. Because Oregon is going to get away with this by having the PAC 10 remove the officials for just one week and giving an apology, what is to stop other conferences from doing the same thing when two high profile programs meet up and the game is close at the end. What is going to stop an official from doing this knowing that the only thing that is going to happen to them is a slap on the rist. But look at the positive for this official, his conference defeated the other conference which could result in millions of dollars made for one and lost for the other. A chance to improve his conferences stock and a teams stock, which is exactly what is happening here. I just think by this game not being ruled a no-game in the win-loss column, it is opening a big can of worms and I would bet there are some officials from other leagues looking at this in that way.

tator
9/19/2006, 08:06 AM
I cannot start a thread, I guess I do not have enough post's but o'well I am going to say what I have to say now.

What happened on Saturday afternoon goes well beyond the actual incorrect call's by the officials, and If someone else has said this I am sorry for repeating it.

The problem with what happened Saturday, and basically in the end doing nothing about it has established a precedent. Because Oregon is going to get away with this by having the PAC 10 remove the officials for just one week and giving an apology, what is to stop other conferences from doing the same thing when two high profile programs meet up and the game is close at the end. What is going to stop an official from doing this knowing that the only thing that is going to happen to them is a slap on the rist. But look at the positive for this official, his conference defeated the other conference which could result in millions of dollars made for one and lost for the other. A chance to improve his conferences stock and a teams stock, which is exactly what is happening here. I just think by this game not being ruled a no-game in the win-loss column, it is opening a big can of worms and I would bet there are some officials from other leagues looking at this in that way.

i think this is a seriously overblown perspective. the guys life is a wreck because of his mistake. death threats, etc... i hear even his dog left him.

Blues1
9/19/2006, 08:07 AM
IMHO ---- This is No longer about Oklahoma or Oregon -

It's about saving College Football --- Why watch the games IF they are not going to be Fair Contest...??

I could add a lot more reasons, but IF you love College Football you better hope somebody comes up with "The Truth"

The same old excuse's just won't cut it.....

Keep R'

mikeb
9/19/2006, 08:08 AM
I hope it is not over. A one game suspension is just not gonna get it on this one. Stay on attack so this BS does not happen again ever.

Sooner_Bob
9/19/2006, 08:12 AM
I hope it is not over. A one game suspension is just not gonna get it on this one. Stay on attack so this BS does not happen again ever.

If the NCAA has a pair they'll pick up the "fight" and conduct a freakin' internal review of the replay process and make whole-scale changes where they are needed. We shouldn't have to lead this charge.

mikeb
9/19/2006, 08:12 AM
i think this is a seriously overblown perspective. the guys life is a wreck because of his mistake. death threats, etc... i hear even his dog left him.
How was it a mistake or a blown call? Untill I see the video that he seen it is not over.

mikeb
9/19/2006, 08:17 AM
If the NCAA has a pair they'll pick up the "fight" and conduct a freakin' internal review of the replay process and make whole-scale changes where they are needed. We shouldn't have to lead this charge.
You are right we shouldn't have to lead this charge.

tator
9/19/2006, 08:30 AM
How was it a mistake or a blown call? Untill I see the video that he seen it is not over.

i never said it was over. i was replying to a post about there being refs throwing games all over the country. i was saying that viewpoint is way out there. it's not fun or easy to be those officials right now, and it shouldn't be.

MarylandSooner
9/19/2006, 08:47 AM
Right Now I think for me it is a matter of the trust factor, I feel that it has been broken. Everytime something happens, this is going to be the first thing that comes to peoples mind and that is sad for the sport of college football.