PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mark May, A penny for your thoughts...

oupride
9/19/2006, 12:17 AM
"The problem with Oklahoma right now is that the defense isn't playing as well as everyone expected. And the problem with the defense is something they'll have a hard time fixing this season. They don't have a stud tackle like a Tommie Harris who can wreak havoc in the backfield. That keeps them from getting enough pressure on the QB without blitzing, and they aren't able to stop the run like they need." -Mark May, ESPN.com, 9/18/06

Mail Mark a penny, he deserves it.

Boomer Sooner!

GrapevineSooner
9/19/2006, 12:23 AM
As much as I've bagged on May, he's right.

I think we'll do better against teams that feature pocket passers. But in the meantime, our D has to ratched things up several notches.

Scotty
9/19/2006, 12:25 AM
The problem with Mark May is that he is an *** clown. Unfortunately, that's a problem that can't be fixed.

JethroDean
9/19/2006, 12:30 AM
Truth hurts a little...

OUTromBoNado
9/19/2006, 01:00 AM
I definitely don't dispute the fact that OUr defense SUCCS . Someone needs to step up and be a leader. I know we are a little bit young, but this is bad. There are only 10 teams in D1 football that rank LOWER than us in defense.

To me, the big thing is not that OU won or lost the game. We lost. That's fine. I'll deal with it and move on. The problem is the principle behind using/not using instant replay and still blowing calls that are as obvious as the sky is blue when it is used.

I think we should just get rid of replay all together. It's making the officials lazy and afraid to make any calls. The way it is now, all officials do is throw the flag. They don't make any calls. They just rule one way and depend on instant replay to overturn it, so they don't have to stick their necks out on a limb.

But yeah, right now...our defense is pretty much the succ. We've got a lot of work to do this season.