PDA

View Full Version : the official that blew it...

badger
9/18/2006, 10:40 PM
Is getting death threats:
linky (http://www.oregonlive.com/sportsflash/college/index.ssf?/base/sports-11/1158636261*****0.xml&storylist=college)

I will lock this thread if it's already posted.

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 10:43 PM
cut and paste please

badger
9/18/2006, 10:44 PM
By WILLIAM McCALL
The Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The instant replay official whose failure to overturn a bad call led to a narrow victory for Oregon over Oklahoma said he feels like he is under siege after receiving menacing phone calls and a death threat.

Gordon Riese said he would make a decision soon about whether to finish the season, or even whether to return next year.

"I'm struggling with it," Riese said in an interview at his home. "I feel so bad I missed that call, it's driving me crazy."

A former college baseball pitcher in the 1960s who was inducted into the Portland State Hall of Fame in 1997, Riese said he never played football but always enjoyed the game during 28 years as a Pacific-10 Conference official.

"I loved it, I absolutely loved it," Riese said.

But that was before he became an instant replay official.

"I've felt much, much more pressure as an instant replay official than I ever did on the field," Riese said.

He said the equipment is not as sophisticated as NFL replay equipment, and does not allow the official to freeze the frame. But Riese lays the blame on himself after replays showed that an onside kick was touched by an Oregon player before it traveled the required 10 yards. The Ducks went on to score the go-ahead touchdown.

"I can't sleep, I can't eat, my blood pressure is skyrocketing," Riese said, looking haggard and worn as he sat on the front porch of his house.

His wife is a registered nurse, and has been checking his blood pressure every four hours, he said.

Riese said he has stopped answering the phone, and police are investigating the threatening calls while keeping an eye on his neighborhood.

"They not only threatened me, they threatened my wife and kids," Riese said.

Riese has endured plenty of physical pain in his career. He said a torn rotator cuff ended his pitching days, all the ligaments in his right knee were torn when he was hit by an Oregon defensive back at Autzen Stadium in a 1984 game against Washington State, and he separated a collarbone when he was run over by opposing linemen trying to block each other in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl.

The knee and the collarbone still bother him, occasionally, he said. But not as much as his ruling from the booth last Saturday.

"I don't know how to deal with it," he said. "I guess it's just one of those things."

Spray
9/18/2006, 10:44 PM
God, people, get some perspective. They never should have released this guy's name in the first place.

Crimson_Balls
9/18/2006, 10:46 PM
The NCAA needs to upgrade their instant replay technology.

This poor guy will never hear the end of it. He might have a heart attack if they don't keep his blood pressure down.

critical_phil
9/18/2006, 10:47 PM
"I can't sleep, I can't eat, my blood pressure is skyrocketing,"

welcome to my world, mother****er.

colleyvillesooner
That's horrible. I'm as ****ed as the next person, but to cross that line and contact the guy. wow.

sooneron
Threatening him and his family is ****ed up, but why should these guys enjoy little to no accountability where everyone else does?

He should quit though. He obviously sucks at what he does.

soonervet
9/18/2006, 10:49 PM
As big a tool as this guy was saturday, id doesnt reflect good on us by him having threats on him and his family.

JethroDean
9/18/2006, 10:49 PM
I would not make a death threat...I would just send him to Austin for further duty===

cs6000
9/18/2006, 10:50 PM
One more crummy thing to come out of this. I may cuss the guy all day long, but that stuff isn't called for. Interestingly, we see he is likely a native to Portland Oregon. Probably shouldn't be up there calling the replays at an Oregon game.

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 10:51 PM
ok guys, the threat to the wife and kids is taking it a little too far. :twinkies:

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 10:52 PM
Threatening him and his family is ****ed up, but why should these guys enjoy little to no accountability where everyone else does?

He should quit though. He obviously sucks at what he does.
death threats equals accountability?

Is actual assasination just part of "checks and balances"?

Bud_Wilkinson
9/18/2006, 10:53 PM
I think he's make it up about "missing the call driving him crazy". But, I bet the phone calls have him a little edgy.
I just hope the calls are from UO fans calling about all the heat their taking over this.

FaninAma
I feel sorry for the guy, too. But that call was not a hard call to make. Geebus, I still don't understand what he was looking at. Crap.

Having said that I think that we as OU fans need to gather what remains of our dignity and go forward with the season.

BTW, if this has been Ohio State or USC that got robbed I have a feeling he would have had way more phone calls and death threats.

TrophyCollector
all the ligaments in his right knee were torn when he was hit by an Oregon defensive back at Autzen Stadium in a 1984 game against Washington State,

Heh, and he still gave them the game. At least you can't say the guy holds grudges.

southern sooner
he should lose his job and that should be the end of it (maybe a public beating as well)...

sooneron
9/18/2006, 10:54 PM
death threats equals accountability?

Is actual assasination just part of "checks and balances"?
Uh, no, I am referring to the fact that the other officials names are known. Hell, they're broadcasted. If I were an official, I would make damn sure I was unlisted.

Reading comprehension much?

Paperclip
He made up the call during the game. Is he making up the threats too?

StoopTroup
God, people, get some perspective. They never should have released this guy's name in the first place.
I don't think that's how Bob feels about it.

I'd say It's right that he was interviewed.

These guys have got to make good solid calls.

As far as folks threatening him and his Kids....

Pathetic.

The guy should quit IMO.

JethroDean
9/18/2006, 10:55 PM
He is probably a Bob Barry type who has been hanging around the program for 30+ years ^^^

picasso
9/18/2006, 10:55 PM
Uncle called his home today on the morning animal. got the answering machine.
Unc asked him if he was getting greased up by Phil Knight.:D
they didn't give out the dude's number but it was pretty funny.

The Maestro
9/18/2006, 10:56 PM
I wonder if the Morning Animals Mr. Magoo phone call got his ticker fired up.

I don't want the guy to die, but if he makes the right and easy call no one knows who the F he is!

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 10:57 PM
Reading comprehension much?
Sentence composition much?:D

Blues1
9/18/2006, 10:57 PM
"I'm struggling with it," Riese said in an interview at his home. "I feel so bad I missed that call, it's driving me crazy."

Well at least some of the TRuth is coming out....!!!!

The guy admits he missed the call.....

Hey Riese -----It's also driving about 2 million OU fans Crazy as well.....

Go on Tv for about 30 seconds -- Say you screwed up ....and then take a Vacation....
And Your Blood pressure will go down....and Keep Rockin'

JethroDean
9/18/2006, 10:58 PM
smart sas much ???

Blue
9/18/2006, 10:58 PM
I hope he doesn't have caller ID. :nervous

picasso
9/18/2006, 10:59 PM
I wonder if the Morning Animals Mr. Magoo phone call got his ticker fired up.

I don't want the guy to die, but if he makes the right and easy call no one knows who the F he is!
agreed, but I would venture to say that he and the refs all need to be swiftly kicked in the junk.

sooneron
9/18/2006, 11:00 PM
Sentence composition much?:D
Well, I was referring to what SPRAY said regarding the release of his name.

leavingthezoo
9/18/2006, 11:00 PM
people are messed up. seriously.

momark
9/18/2006, 11:01 PM
wow what a dumb arse ! what was his name again

Octavian
9/18/2006, 11:02 PM
He's lucky he's not within driving distance...

just sayin'

JethroDean
9/18/2006, 11:03 PM
I hear his 2nd cousin is C&C Dean !!!

The Maestro
agreed, but I would venture to say that he and the refs all need to be swiftly kicked in the junk.

Start with the umpire who fired that arm for an Oregon first down knowing full well he did not see someone on the bottom of that pile with a ball.

I take great pleasure in being the first person to list ol Mr. Riese's name on soonerfans.com this morning after reading George Schroeder's article. How can I help his number was so easily accesible on whitepages.com?

Next up, UMPIRE!

CatfishSooner
"I guess it's just one of those things." I guess?

SoonerBorn68
9/18/2006, 11:09 PM
OK, threatening the dude's life and family is A #1 not cool. However, there's some interesting material here.

He just admitted he blew the call. Hell, I was slobber slingin' drunk at the time & saw it clearly.

...who was inducted into the Portland State Hall of Fame in 1997...

A long time resident of Oregon who has "pride" in his state.

...28 years as a Pacific-10 Conference official.

28 years huh? Maybe a bit of bias for the home conference maybe?

Riese has endured plenty of physical pain in his career. He said a torn rotator cuff ended his pitching days, all the ligaments in his right knee were torn when he was hit by an Oregon defensive back at Autzen Stadium in a 1984 game against Washington State, and he separated a collarbone when he was run over by opposing linemen trying to block each other in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl.

Boo frickin' hoo. Trying to gain sympathy for a grossly blown call? Either he called it right or he didn't. Getting smacked for being in the wrong place at the wrong time has no bearing in this matter. If it affected him that much he shouldn't be an official and should be in therapy.

I'm sorry if the dude's blood pressure's up & can't sleep. Obiviously he couldn't do the job or homered the call...either way I don't care if he's gotten health issues all of a sudden. It's a bitch to get called out on a national level for not doing your job.

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 11:10 PM
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I don't care how ****ed up his sholder and his knee are, no freaking way did he actually see an OU player touch the ball first. Not one other human being on planet ****ing earth has seen what he claims to have seen. which means what? Exactly.

The Maestro
9/18/2006, 11:17 PM
The thing is this...if the dude makes the right and easy call then he could be harrassed by all the Oregonians that want to, but he can also prove them all to be damned wrong. What's made his ticker get soft is the fact of his guilt! When you are obviously right, you can handle the pressure. It's guilty people like him that act paranoid and go crazy.

Don't blame Steely's uncle for getting round the clock care from your candy striping wife...blame your conscience!

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 11:17 PM
the more I think about it, the more I disbelieve this guy claiming he's receiving death threats.

#1. the guy has no credibility to me.
#2. who would friggin' do that?

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 11:19 PM
the more I think about it, the more I disbelieve this guy claiming he's receiving death threats.

#1. the guy has no credibility to me.
will........you crack me up.

thanks man.

GrapevineSooner
9/18/2006, 11:24 PM
people are messed up. seriously.

This just in, people.

It's just a game.

And while I don't think Mr. Riese is entitled to a job as a replay official in the Pac-10, I don't think his misdeeds on Saturday warrant any threats against him or his family.

And use your brain, Brasky. His number was listed in the white pages. Considering how too seriously some people in our fanbase take the game, it's unfortunately not out of the realm of possibility that somebody called the guy up and made threats.

And if it's somebody on this board who made the threats, I hope your a** gets caught.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/18/2006, 11:25 PM

Duck fans who want to make Sooner fans look bad?

Okay, maybe I read too much crime fiction.

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 11:26 PM
After further review, there is conclusive evidence that he lied about the death threats. He should be arrested and charged with filing false police reports.

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 11:27 PM
Duck fans who want to make Sooner fans look bad?

Okay, maybe I read too much crime fiction.

Don't discount natives of Stoolwater and Gaystin.

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 11:29 PM
Don't discount natives of Stoolwater and Gaystin.
cuz there hasn't been any irrational behaviour around here.

right?

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 11:31 PM

right?

none that I can see SA. :D

The Maestro
9/18/2006, 11:40 PM
This just in, people.

It's just a game.

A game is Go Fish with my nine year old.

You've made over 5,000 post on a college football message board.

It must mean a little more than that.

I didn't call the moron, but if I aided and abetted some fools into doing so, good for me. I live in Phoenix and was hoping like hell to see AD's last game in college in my backyard for the national title. Now some old fart from Oregon has ruined any chance of that happening and he did so in a completely wrong fashion. I don't appreciate him at all for that...or the friggin' umpire who I am out to get next. They STOLE it from the players, coaches and fans. The whole officiating crew can kiss my *** and if their guilt causes them to get a kidney stone or twelve, so friggin' be it!

tbl
9/18/2006, 11:50 PM
I disagree. I love OU, but making threats on a guys life or his children is absolutely ridiculous. In that aspect, it is just a game.

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 11:52 PM
He said the equipment is not as sophisticated as NFL replay equipment, and does not allow the official to freeze the frame.

I have a hard time believing that statement.

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 11:52 PM
But that was before he became an instant replay official.

"I've felt much, much more pressure as an instant replay official than I ever did on the field," Riese said.

He said the equipment is not as sophisticated as NFL replay equipment, and does not allow the official to freeze the frame.

Oh really Gordo???

"Credit to ArizonaSooner33 on some quack board"

Re: Gordon Riese?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So is Gordon Riese telling the truth or what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, really?

From the PAC-10:

Quote:
ource: All reviewable video will come direct from the televised production of the game. In the event the game is not being televised on a live or delayed basis, the video will come from the in-house video board production.

Replay Personnel: Four people will make up the instant replay team - the Replay Official, who will make all decisions regarding replay; the Communicator, who will assist the Replay Official in obtaining the video replays and with communication; the Replay Technician, who will be responsible for operating and maintaining the replay equipment and a Sideline Assistant, who will assist the referee with communicating with the Replay Official. All four individuals will be trained and paid by the Pac-10. The Replay Officials and Communicators will be two-man teams of former officials who will work together throughout the season and will be assigned by Pac-10 Coordinator of Football Officiating, Verle Sorgen. The Replay Technicians and Sideline Assistants will be assigned by each member institution and approved by the Conference office.

Equipment: The Pac-10 will utilize a TiVo-based system developed by XOS Technology, one of the leading video technology companies in the nation.

From XOS Technology website:

Quote:
The Process:

Here is how the system works:

• Two officials sit in the booth and view both the broadcast and their own replay monitors

• If they see a play with a questionable call, or notice the broadcasters commenting on a replay or an angle that appears to show a bad or questionable call, the booth monitor has the decision to stop the play for review

• If the play will be reviewed, they hit a button that automatically sends a signal to pagers worn by the five on-field officials and cues up the bookmarks so the play clips are ready for review

• The two officials in the booth review the play and decide which way the call should go

• They call down to the on-field officials who announce the decision and resume play

Why it is better:

XOS’ solution is better than the other options being used for several reasons:

• Monitors in the booth can review each play and create bookmarks for each play without disrupting the game. This allows them to decide which plays should be reviewed, and already cue up several angles to expedite the process once it begins

• Higher grade technology – our proprietary coding technology allows for smoother viewing in real time, slow motion, and reverse

• This technology is used by over 690 teams and leagues at all levels of pro and college athletics

• Our two-monitor solution allows for one person to view what the fans are seeing, while the other views additional angles. By having access to ALL of these clips, they can make a more informed decision

• Use the same remote control/clicker that our coaches use....very simple and efficient

• Also, we set up a recording device so they can later review the reviewers (watch the clips they watched so they can see how the monitors came to their decision)

The system is used by the NFL, Big XII and the PAC-10.

Blue
9/18/2006, 11:53 PM
And if it's somebody on this board who made the threats, I hope your a** gets caught.

I hope not...:(

JethroDean
9/18/2006, 11:53 PM

right?

I have seen some today, unrelated to the Oregon game,,,but if you sleep with insecurities, you will get +++

Funky G
9/18/2006, 11:55 PM
I would ask that he prove that he has received these threats. It's probably a ploy by him to take away the pressure of his mistake in the national media.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/18/2006, 11:56 PM
Trophy Collector:

You forgot this part:

Q. What will be the source of the video for replays?
A. All reviewable video will come direct from the television production of the game. If a game is not televised, the video from the video board production will be utilized.

ETA: So if Dan Fouts could see it, why couldn't Gordon?

william_brasky
9/18/2006, 11:57 PM
So they can freeze frames? (J. Geils rocked by the way)

I don't believe a word from that dude. Not a word.

Blues1
9/18/2006, 11:59 PM
Why he (RIESE) had to list all of his other health problems looks to me he's looking for a BIG Time Excuse --

When your wrong it's very easy...."Hey I was wrong - I screwd up....I hope I can learn from this"

Blood Pressure goes Down....JMHO.....

TrophyCollector
9/19/2006, 12:00 AM
So he saw the same thing we did and he had Tivo, then he says in an interview that he isn't authorized to give that the equipment isn't as good as the NFL and doesn't allow you to freeze even though the PAC-10 says he has an XOS System and XOS says this is the same system used by the NFL.

I didn't believe a word the ****er said on Saturday and I don't believe a ****ing word he says now.

Octavian
9/19/2006, 12:08 AM
So if Dan Fouts could see it, why couldn't Gordon?

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3614/pinocchiosm1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

ouwasp
9/19/2006, 12:09 AM
If the Pac-10 won't do the right thing and FIRE this moron, then he should RESIGN.

The only way I believe the death threat crap is if he taped it. Then it would just as likely be some aggie idiot. Or a hippie oregon fan with b.o. just trying to deflect some of the heat the idiot official is deservedly getting.

RESIGN NOW
RESIGN NOW
RESIGN NOW

Then crybaby all you want, lame-brain.

TrophyCollector
9/19/2006, 12:09 AM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3614/pinocchiosm1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Perfect, except Jimmeny needs a big Nike swoosh on his hat.

The Maestro
9/19/2006, 12:10 AM
If former Jim Thorpe Show host Bob Barry, Sr. could see it on his monitor in a replay then the replay official has NO excuse!

Sooner Eclipse
9/19/2006, 12:11 AM
• If they see a play with a questionable call, or notice the broadcasters commenting on a replay or an angle that appears to show a bad or questionable call, the booth monitor has the decision to stop the play for review

Here is the part I have issues with concerning IR. I don't think officials should be allowed to be influenced by washed up loudmouths spewing their opinions on everything that goes on. [Foutz/] Im an unbiased duck fan[Foutz] Because we all know that broadcasters don't have agendas or hold grudges or anything:rolleyes:

At the very least the sound feed from these self important blowhards should not be allowed into the replay booth.

JethroDean
9/19/2006, 12:11 AM
The video ref has been caught with his hand in the candy jar....he should just come totally clean, it is good for the soul....

Jewstin
9/19/2006, 12:14 AM
Equipment: The Pac-10 will utilize a TiVo-based system developed by XOS Technology, one of the leading video technology companies in the nation.
From XOS Technology website:
Quote:
The Process:

Here is how the system works:

• Two officials sit in the booth and view both the broadcast and their own replay monitors
• If the play will be reviewed, they hit a button that automatically sends a signal to pagers worn by the five on-field officials and cues up the bookmarks so the play clips are ready for review
• The two officials in the booth review the play and decide which way the call should go
• They call down to the on-field officials who announce the decision and resume play

Holy crap. The way he made it sound, they had some handcranked projector in black and white and no sound.

The mere fact that they watch the broadcast and use it in the equation makes this entire situation even more unfathomable.

I am blown away.

JethroDean
9/19/2006, 12:16 AM
It is hard to comprehend...

Alum81
9/19/2006, 12:25 AM
Gordon Riese is to Instant Replay what Jackie Smith is to Super Bowl

TrophyCollector
9/19/2006, 12:28 AM
Gordon Riese is to Instant Replay what Jackie Smith is to Super Bowl

He deserves a Pete Rose sentence - lifetime bane from college football.

jwlynn64
9/19/2006, 12:39 AM
Here is the part I have issues with concerning IR. I don't think officials should be allowed to be influenced by washed up loudmouths spewing their opinions on everything that goes on. [Foutz/] Im an unbiased duck fan[Foutz] Because we all know that broadcasters don't have agendas or hold grudges or anything:rolleyes:

At the very least the sound feed from these self important blowhards should not be allowed into the replay booth.

If they had the feed then they would have heard Foutz saying that Oregon touched the ball early. Don't know what feed you were getting but he was bashing the refs as much as anyone.

Also, this whole thread is sh!t because an Oregon player said that he recovered the ball. No way an Oregon player lies about something that important is there? ;)

Rhino
9/19/2006, 12:40 AM
If there was any doubt that there are some psycho mother****ers out there...

JethroDean
9/19/2006, 12:43 AM
That is a fact of life in today's society...

Ike
9/19/2006, 12:53 AM
Seeing those words attributed to him may be enough to settle my mind that we weren't just outright cheated....not totally, but a little.

Truly, if he feels that way, I feel for the dude, just the same way I feel for Bartman.

And yeah, they should never have released his name. He should be accountable to the league and the league should be accountable to the fans.

iknowyoudidnt
9/19/2006, 01:03 AM
Wow, there was more talk about this guy's health and history than the fact that he stabbed the credibility of college football in the heart.

So, how much you want to bet that he does have an XOS system capable of freezing frames, but doesn't know how to use it? You ever seen an old man try to use a TiVo or DVR? How about trying to pause a VCR, or grapple with the complexities of DVD? The guy probably doesn't know how to do anything other than press play and rewind, yet he's up there in the replay booth?

The death threats are lame, of course. Didn't the guy from BRSI have the same problem? People in Oklahoma are passionate about football. Oh noes, big surprise!

Soonerus
9/19/2006, 01:07 AM
I ratify everything JethoDean stated above...

AlabamaSooner
9/19/2006, 01:21 AM
This just in, people.

It's just a game.

And while I don't think Mr. Riese is entitled to a job as a replay official in the Pac-10, I don't think his misdeeds on Saturday warrant any threats against him or his family.

And use your brain, Brasky. His number was listed in the white pages. Considering how too seriously some people in our fanbase take the game, it's unfortunately not out of the realm of possibility that somebody called the guy up and made threats.

I agree. While I'm as upset as the next guy, at least he DID admit he was wrong. It's done and over with now and there's NOTHING you or that guy can do to change it. While this mistake was REALLY REALLY AWFUL, mistakes happen and he's not perfect. Do I hope that they get punished to the fullest extent? You better believe it. It is kind of hard to believe that anyone can miss that call, but at least he's not denying that he was wrong.

Blue
9/19/2006, 01:33 AM
I agree. While I'm as upset as the next guy, at least he DID admit he was wrong. It's done and over with now and there's NOTHING you or that guy can do to change it. While this mistake was REALLY REALLY AWFUL, mistakes happen and he's not perfect. Do I hope that they get punished to the fullest extent? You better believe it. It is kind of hard to believe that anyone can miss that call, but at least he's not denying that he was wrong.

Point is, most of us don't think he ACCIDENTALLY missed it.

We're talking a blatant disregard for the rules. CONSPIRACY.

Doged
9/19/2006, 02:02 AM
This just in, people.

It's just a game.

Agree completely. I'll add that if you did call the guy, you're probably already busted. That's a felony... nice knowin' ya.

I could believe this about fans from Miami, USC, West Virginia, even saxet on a stretch but I think any Sooner fan doing something this moronic should be disowned before they're hauled off to jail.

We're Okies. That means we're above crap like this you guys. Get it together.

william_brasky
9/19/2006, 02:12 AM
I'm just not taking the guy's word when he says there have been death threats made to him and his family. For instance, he may have heard the Sports Animal message and sensationalized it into something it was not.

He effed us on the call. He lied about freeze framing.

What is to say he is not being 100% accurate about a death threat?

Doged
9/19/2006, 02:19 AM
I'm just not taking the guy's word when he says there have been death threats made to him and his family. For instance, he may have heard the Sports Animal message and sensationalized it into something it was not.

He effed us on the call. He lied about freeze framing.

What is to say he is not being 100% accurate about a death threat?

Granted, he could be lieing or it could have been someone other than Sooners. Even if it was Sooners chances are they don't post here.

So I should say "if it's true, I'll be glad to see the bastages doing it get caught".

There's no room for stuff like that in college sports, no matter how bogus the guy is. He should never work in football again, but he shouldn't have to put up with threats over it.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/19/2006, 09:19 AM
Ahahahahaha! He said he has had death threats and it was written in an article on the internet - SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Dood has ZERO credibility with me. And didn't he have to get Pac 10 permission to give interviews? Why do I find it difficult to believe that the called them yesterday to see if he could grant an interview where he could tell about these death threats, how sorry he is for missing the call, and all his ailments...

For all you people talking about "it's just a game", do us a favor and go to the Middle Tennessee State topics and hash out the key players that will lead OU to victory. Or better yet, go strike up a game of Connect Four.

Google this guys name and you'll see lots of controversial calls that he's been a part of. As Billy Tubbs would say.... If this dood doesn't want to get harrassed - "Get Better"

PAW
9/19/2006, 09:37 AM
Hansen said that officials are limited to the available television shots of the action, but "on the kickoff play ample views were available.

Riese has no credibility.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2006, 09:39 AM
He'll get over it...all the money P.K. paid him to go get a hot dog during the replay...he should have enough to retire...this guy works for P.K. (nike) part time in his "retirement"...this needs to be looked at

MamaMia
9/19/2006, 09:41 AM
Were the people who threatened to murder him arrested yet?

daysgoneby
9/19/2006, 09:55 AM
I'm sure lots of people had similar thoughts, but to act upon them and actually call this loser and threaten his life is unbelievable. Get a grip, have some class and let this evolve naturally. He'll get his.

sooner13f
9/19/2006, 09:59 AM
ooh poor me. I got caught cheating and everyone knows it. Lets all feel sorry for me. Whatever dude, I wouldnt make death threats to anyone over a game but someone should find out why he cheated.

I mean a school calls a kid out of season and gets in trouble, something like this happens and the want to hide it. Oh and dont tell me to get over it. I will get over it when the refs TAKE a game from the DUCKS.

boomersooner82
9/19/2006, 10:49 AM
I'm one who takes OU football more seriously than I probably should (I really don't care about anything else in the world) and I see it as much more than "just a game," but nothing is worth killing or threatening to kill someone over.

I think it's sad that a few dumb Sooner "fans" are giving us negative press for doing something so stupid, and I feel bad that the guy's family's being threatened. That said, though, I in no way feel bad for him because he screwed up. I've screwed up plenty of times and been called out on it (I write for a newspaper) and no one has ever taken it easy on me. You just deal with it. I'm sure a lot of Sooner fans' blood pressure has been high since Saturday, and I know I for one didn't sleep well nor have I felt well since. I hope he never forgets that he screwed up royally and uses that to get things right the next time, or demonstrates to others how important it is to get things right.

gnostic19
9/19/2006, 11:07 AM
Can the rest of our home games have as the replay official someone who lives in the state of Oklahoma?

gnostic19
9/19/2006, 11:09 AM
People who make such threats have little else in their life worth concerning themselves about, apparently.

trey
9/19/2006, 11:13 AM
how do we know it's a sooner fan that's making the death threats? i bet there is someone out there that had a lot of $$$ on ou and the money line and this ********** ****ed it up.

boomersooner82
9/19/2006, 11:16 AM
how do we know it's a sooner fan that's making the death threats? i bet there is someone out there that had a lot of $$$ on ou and the money line and this ********** ****ed it up.

good point

SoonerBlonde87
9/19/2006, 11:26 AM
My mother said that the Sports Animal had his number and told whoever wanted the refs number to call and they would give it to them. Thats what she said.

But why would people be so stupid to do death threats?

Blues1
9/19/2006, 11:52 AM
I say it's safe bet those so - called death threats came from a area code in Nevada not Oklahoma....jmho.....

THIS whole thing smells like a pile SH!T -- and Gordon is trying to find the Pony...

His family recorded the game, but he couldn't look at it.....I wonder why....??

Does anybody want to watch themselves commiting a crime...??

IF Oklahoma Fans had not raise such a fuss over this - we wouldn't have gotten this far....and we still not at the real truth...

This is no longer about a win or a loss - it's about Truth - It's about what is right for College Football - I don't watch Wrestling because I know it's fake -- Do you want that to happen to College football..??

Do you want people who sit comfortable boxes deiciding the out come of games...??

His supervisor knows what happen (according to Gordon) well lets here from the next guy --- and the next guy -- and the next -- We let this go and you kiss real College football down the drain....

For those who love College football - Keep on Rockin'

Soonerfan85
9/19/2006, 12:17 PM
I say it's safe bet those so - called death threats came from a area code in Nevada not Oklahoma....jmho.....

THIS whole thing smells like a pile SH!T -- and Gordon is trying to find the Pony...

His family recorded the game, but he couldn't look at it.....I wonder why....??

Does anybody want to watch themselves commiting a crime...??

IF Oklahoma Fans had not raise such a fuss over this - we wouldn't have gotten this far....and we still not at the real truth...

This is no longer about a win or a loss - it's about Truth - It's about what is right for College Football - I don't watch Wrestling because I know it's fake -- Do you want that to happen to College football..??

Do you want people who sit comfortable boxes deiciding the out come of games...??

His supervisor knows what happen (according to Gordon) well lets here from the next guy --- and the next guy -- and the next -- We let this go and you kiss real College football down the drain....

For those who love College football - Keep on Rockin'

Good point.

The integrity of the game is what's at stake here. Not just a Sooner loss. All college football fans should be concerned that if this deed goes unpunished it could easily happen to their team next.

FaninAma
9/19/2006, 12:28 PM
I think the guys a lying sack of crap. Sorry, but that's the way I feel. He had every available means at his disposal to make the correct call and for whatever unfathomable reason he didn't.

Everybody who gets caught tmaking a ginormous error usually has some lame excuse and then tries to play up the sympathy/persecution angle.

F'in wimp.

sooner518
9/19/2006, 12:29 PM
Patrick Chung, "The Recoverer" is on facebook. Im tempted to message him and ask him if he really recovered the ball

OklahomaRed
9/19/2006, 12:50 PM
His blood pressure is up because of his own stinkin' guilt. Right after they announced that the replay official ruled an OU player touched the ball first, I shouted, "How the f#$@ can that guy go to sleep tonight and live with himself?"

I guess bad Karma catches up to everyone ! :D