PDA

View Full Version : Oregon still a lead story in OKC TV

SoonerGOP
9/18/2006, 10:09 PM
Although I'm mad about it, I do think it is about time that we should see some different stories as "lead" news items.

That being said, these were the lead stories in the OKC TV market:

KFOR - Child abuse about a dad who used fireworks to hurt his son
KOCO - Oregon game and David Boren interview lasted for several minutes...
KWTV - Bogus email being circulated about D.A. Wes Lane not prosecuting cops while running for office (he actually is)

Other stories - T.B. endangering people's lives at Integris SW Med Center (covered on both 4 and 9 before 5)

KFOR - Oregon was third story (with Boren interview)
KWTV - Oregon was not even in the first seven stories. Started story at 10:08 and threw it to Toby Rowland.
KOCO - covered Tattoo parlors as second lead.

I know it is "all about ratings" on TV news, but you would think that telling people that may have gone to one of the largest hospitals in the city they may have contracted a deadly disease would be maybe more important than more footage of conclusive proof that we were screwed over.

noobalicious
9/18/2006, 10:12 PM
What did Boren say in the interview? Anything interesting?

Sooner-N-KS
9/18/2006, 10:15 PM
I'm in the Wichita, KS viewing market. Just minutes ago the sports reporter was teasing the sports, and he was leading off with what he called "Replay-gate."

They rarely mention OU football up here even though there are a lot of OU fans. To get this kind of visibility is pretty impressive.

Stoops and Boren are doing a good job at keeping the visibility up on this. Hopefully if OU beats the whorns and keeps winning the coaches poll coaches will remember this wasn't really a loss when they make their votes.

OUTromBoNado
9/19/2006, 01:11 AM
On KOTV at 10pm tonight, they aired another story on the game. This was an interview with Paysinger (the Oregon player who touched the ball before 10 yards).

Paysinger said, "Yeah, I touched the ball. And then I came down with it, and when I hit the ground it squirted out. So, yeah, I had it."

They showed the replay during this that shows that Paysinger isn't even in the same area code as the ball after his initial, illegal touch. John Holcombe's response was, "Uhh....yeah...."