PDA

View Full Version : That's our TFRW

DarrellZero
9/18/2006, 07:31 PM
The Lions' Roy Williams apparently doesn't play to win the game. He'd rather strike a pose.Williams' celebration after his first catch of Sunday's game against the Bears drew ire from the Chicago crowd and had Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom scratching his head. When Albom asked Williams why he celebrated a reception with his team already trailing by two scores, Williams responded, "I celebrate first downs all the time. I'm not gonna stop that. I'm an exciting player. If I do something exciting, I'm gonna show my actions."Albom responded, "But you were losing, 10-0.""What does that mean? ... That means nothing to me. The score means nothing."

SoonerDood
9/18/2006, 08:13 PM
"Oklahoma's not better than us. They're just lucky."

SoonerGOP
9/18/2006, 08:49 PM
TFRW is why I hate professional sports these days.

If the players in the NFL were more like Q and just handed the ball to the ref, I'd watch.

Sooner Eclipse
9/18/2006, 08:54 PM
I wish texas could have him back for several more years. He seems to single handedly ruin all team cohesiveness.

What an azzhat...:texan:

MiccoMacey
9/18/2006, 09:07 PM
The Lions' Roy Williams apparently doesn't play to win the game. He'd rather strike a pose.Williams' celebration after his first catch of Sunday's game against the Bears drew ire from the Chicago crowd and had Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom scratching his head. When Albom asked Williams why he celebrated a reception with his team already trailing by two scores, Williams responded, "Roy Williams celebrates first downs all the time. Roy Williams ain't gonna stop that. Roy Williams is an exciting player. If Roy Williams does something exciting, Roy Williams is gonna show his actions."Albom responded, "But you were losing, 10-0.""What does that mean? ... That means nothing to Roy Williams. The score means nothing."

More appropriate.