PDA

View Full Version : How many points

CRASH 02
9/18/2006, 04:40 PM
How many points do you think Chris Messner has cost the team in the three games this season? It seams like a lot of offensive line penalties have had the number 79 called along with them. I am pretty sure he was responsible for the interception against UW and the fumble in the end zone. Against UO he was responsible for the recalled touchdown and 15 yards worth of penalties when we had 2nd down on the 2 yard line. Is it just me or is he sucking it up this year? Does he have an injury that I don't know about?

NormanPride
9/18/2006, 04:46 PM
Chris needs to step it up, but go easy. He's a senior and is working his *** off, guaranteed.

IronSooner
9/18/2006, 05:00 PM
The fact that Messner starts for us this year I think says a lot about the depth, talent, and maturity of our OL this year. I hate to single the guy out as several got called for stupid penalties, but as a senior he has got to be better. Unfortunately at this point in the season we're not good enough to play good teams, shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly, and still win comfortably. Our margin for error is definitely smaller than it's been in the past and we've got to play smarter on the OL.

I was impressed in the second half how the calls against the OL seemed to go down quite a bit. Hopefully they're getting more experience, settling in, and getting more comfortable with things. Once again their progress will determine how good our O can ultimately be. After seeing what our defense did Saturday I hope they can be great. They'll need to be till the D comes around.