PDA

View Full Version : The Letter

85Sooner
9/18/2006, 04:15 PM
sorry its just a link but the letter read in its entirety is tactful.

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf6/44098.pdf

Oldnslo
9/18/2006, 04:41 PM
Gimmie a ticket for an airplane
ain't got time to take a fast train

crawfish
9/18/2006, 04:43 PM
Wow.

Beef
9/18/2006, 04:44 PM
I've never seen a letter with Boren's signature on it that wasn't thanking me for a donation or asking for more.

DuckY
9/18/2006, 04:46 PM
Mr. Boren,

As a University of Oregon alum and season ticket holder I am disappointed to see the game end in such controversy. It was a tremendous college football game, the OU fans that made the trip to Autzen handled themselves with impeccable class and it was a joy being involved in another game with such a highly regarded program as Oklahoma.

It is within even greater disappointment that the Big 12 conference, after going 0-4 against the Pac 10 this weekend, would be asking for the game to be off the record books. To eliminate a goal line stand, 2 TD drives and a blocked FG to finish the comeback even in the face of a highly questionable onside kick is a disgrace to college football. To eliminate the 145 yards Adrian Peterson put up in the 4th quarter would be a true shame.

I am sure that in your quest for fairness you have seen the numerous calls that went OU’s way earlier in the game, delay of games missed and so forth. I am also sure the Big 12 is going to remove last years TT vs. OU game from it’s record books. OU fans believe they were cheated and this would have changed the Bowl game assignments if OU had in fact won that game. I am confident that the referees involved were properly disciplined or terminated. Maybe in some twist of fate that will award the Ducks the 2005 Holiday Bowl trophy.

While you are on the quest to clean up injustices, I am sure you have made a call to Colorado to ask them to forfeit the 1990 National Championship. After all it was due to disgraceful Big 12 officials that awarded a 5th down that allowed Colorado to beat Missouri. As you have stated, "It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in officiating." It certainly falls under indisputable video evidence. So I will be expecting to see your recommendation that Colorado forfeit the 1990 National Title and it be given to its rightful owner, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Big 12 should take this opportunity to rectify that injustice, might as well while you’re on this crusade.

Best of Luck the rest of the season. Hopefully you can move past this game and not let the Ducks beat you twice. Until our teams meet again…Go Ducks!

Best Wishes,

bringit
9/18/2006, 04:49 PM
Ducks have never beaten us... dream on duckboy

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/18/2006, 04:50 PM
"offsides kick call"? :confused:

Landthief 1972
9/18/2006, 05:07 PM
Mr. Boren,

As a University of Oregon alum and season ticket holder I am disappointed to see the game end in such controversy. It was a tremendous college football game, the OU fans that made the trip to Autzen handled themselves with impeccable class and it was a joy being involved in another game with such a highly regarded program as Oklahoma.

It is within even greater disappointment that the Big 12 conference, after going 0-4 against the Pac 10 this weekend, would be asking for the game to be off the record books. To eliminate a goal line stand, 2 TD drives and a blocked FG to finish the comeback even in the face of a highly questionable onside kick is a disgrace to college football. To eliminate the 145 yards Adrian Peterson put up in the 4th quarter would be a true shame.

I am sure that in your quest for fairness you have seen the numerous calls that went OU’s way earlier in the game, delay of games missed and so forth. I am also sure the Big 12 is going to remove last years TT vs. OU game from it’s record books. OU fans believe they were cheated and this would have changed the Bowl game assignments if OU had in fact won that game. I am confident that the referees involved were properly disciplined or terminated. Maybe in some twist of fate that will award the Ducks the 2005 Holiday Bowl trophy.

While you are on the quest to clean up injustices, I am sure you have made a call to Colorado to ask them to forfeit the 1990 National Championship. After all it was due to disgraceful Big 12 officials that awarded a 5th down that allowed Colorado to beat Missouri. As you have stated, "It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in officiating." It certainly falls under indisputable video evidence. So I will be expecting to see your recommendation that Colorado forfeit the 1990 National Title and it be given to its rightful owner, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Big 12 should take this opportunity to rectify that injustice, might as well while you’re on this crusade.

Best of Luck the rest of the season. Hopefully you can move past this game and not let the Ducks beat you twice. Until our teams meet again…Go Ducks!

Best Wishes,

Well, let's see...

1. The 2nd TD and blocked FG are non-existent and unacheiveable if your Mr. Magoo official does his job properly.

2. Peterson would give up every yard he made to keep that L off of the record.

3. The Big XII commish is a weenie and did nothing about the Tech game. Hopefully, the Pac-10 commish has more sack than him, but knowing his record, I'm guessing this will never get to your commish.

4. I'm not suprised that an Oregon fan would accept a Holiday Bowl win on a technicality, it fits right in with them celebrating this win.

5. The Big XII didn't exist in 1990. Your pointless rant should be directed at the Big 8.

6. Until the Pac-10 allows someone besides Oregon residents call games in Autzen, I wouldn't hold my breath for another OU-UO matchup. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

DarrellZero
9/18/2006, 05:13 PM
Mr. Boren,
Until our teams meet again…Go Ducks!

When Stillwater freezes over.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 05:27 PM
I am confident that the referees involved were properly disciplined or terminated....

You LEFT COAST queers have absolutely NO SPINE!

Jewstin
9/18/2006, 06:02 PM
You know, Ducky makes a good point, referencing the 1990 Colorado 5th down debacle (nevermind the fact that it predates the video replay era by, oh, 14+ years).

I mean, c'mon -- remember that epic match up between Harvard and Rutgers in 1898? To some, it was just a game ... but to most, it became known as "The Student-based Competition involving an elliptical pig's bladder to determine the superior student body!" It is eclipsed only by "The Student-based Competition involving an elliptical pig's bladder to determine the superior student body II."

In that contest, William "The Tire Revulcanizer" Jameson clearly committed an offsides infraction that resulted in Theodore "The petroleum-based combustion engine" Wadsworth scoring a crucial endzone penetration in the closing moments of the game.

Now, c'mon ... if we overturn the result of this game now, we surely must traverse the history of college football and correct every single wrong call. Anything less would be uncivilized and would simply be unfair to the memory of such titans as The Tire Revulcanizer and The petroleum-based combustion engine.

... in the meantime, kindly GTFO, Ducky.