PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE STOP IT!

Okla-homey
9/18/2006, 03:41 PM
As drivers in Italy who discard their mirrors know...what's behind you doesn't matter.

Let's move on, focus on the positives like AD and Paul Thompson...and win the Big XII!

sheesh.:rolleyes:

NormanPride
9/18/2006, 03:44 PM
http://my.opera.com/jonimueller/homes/blog/rabid-dog.jpg

mightysooner
9/18/2006, 03:48 PM
No. I won't "stop it".

Paperclip
9/18/2006, 03:50 PM
As drivers in Italy who discard their mirrors know...what's behind you doesn't matter.

Says the guy who wants us to support the Oklahoma Historical Society.

Taxman71
9/18/2006, 03:51 PM
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Of all people, I figured Homey would have this down.

#1 SOONER FAN
9/18/2006, 03:57 PM
OKLA-HOMEY IS RIGHT, MIGHT AS WELL BITE THE BIG ONE AND FORGET IT. NOTHING WE CAN DO ANYWAY, GOT RIPPED AGAIN, BE BIG GUYS AND LET'S START KICKING SOME BIG 12 BUTT!

Okla-homey
9/18/2006, 03:57 PM
Says the guy who wants us to support the Oklahoma Historical Society.

Studying history to avoid future mishaps and appreciate from where you've come is one thing, but stewing over the late unpleasantness is kinda like complaining about the weather. You can't change it, and no amount of wailing is going to have a jot of influence over weather yet to come.

TUSooner
9/18/2006, 03:58 PM
OK, I started the first "getting over it thread" which is now on page 352, behind 347 "we wuz robbed" threads.
Well, we WUZ robbed, and that must not be denied.
BUT Homey is dead-on right. We gots to go forward, get better, and think about WINNING, or we will still be whining when East Middle Tennesee Valley A&M Tech State jumps up and bites us.

Paperclip
9/18/2006, 03:59 PM
Do we ever stop talking about the previous game on Monday? No, we don't.

Mjcpr
9/18/2006, 04:03 PM
The players need to move on; the fans can **** and moan for days and it won't matter. As long as the players and coaches have put it behind them, that's the important thing.

mightysooner
9/18/2006, 04:04 PM
It's because people keep "getting over it and moving on" that it keeps happening people. Until some action is taken this will get worse and worse not just for us, but for the sport in general. Until somebody has the sack to stand up and say "no!.....this is not okay!!!" we will continue to see more of the same. If you want to be a weakstick and take it in the can that's certainly your business. But leave the people who want action taken alone and you can just brush it under a rug in private no?

bri
9/18/2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but we're not talking about THE GAME. We're talking about if we can sue the Pac-10 or call for the public beheading of the replay official.

If you actually talk about the game, you know, outside of the botched calls, you get slapped down pretty quick. Because talking about the game entails pointing out how for most of the game, we couldn't get a stop on Oregon if you spotted us the "s", "t", and "p". :D

Taxman71
9/18/2006, 04:13 PM
Nice to see Homey basing his Referree Influenced by Corrupt Oregonians policies after those of William J. Clinton and Al Gore.

(ducks) [no pun intended]

1991SOONER
9/18/2006, 04:15 PM
AD and PT are COLLEGE FOOTBALL GODS

Despite what happened Saturday, I feel comfortable going to Dallas with these 2 guys playing the way they are....

Jello Biafra
9/18/2006, 04:28 PM
just a lil rant of my own here....

the problem is if this continues to happen, we will continue to get ****ed...... two years in a row, we have been screwed by the review process and quite frankly, we have so much bias against us already, we can't afford to leave the fate of the game in the refs hands anyway. that being said, we did what we needed to to win the game. we had 14 points called back on questionable calls and then of course the 14 that was scored in the last minute of the game. if peterson would have stayed in bounds on three of his last couple of runs, oregon would not have had time left to score. period. i personally thought the offense did a **** poor job of managing the last possesion when we were up by 10.

back to my rage...
if we, as a fan base (of college football)don't stand up and tell these ****tards we are tired of allowing the referees to decide a game, it will continue. the referee is suppose to be a nuetral object on the field not a "look at how much power i wield" person. its easy for those peckernecks to say "there is inconclusive evidence" all they have to do is play dumb and its ok "they just made a mistake" **** that. i want them run out of town and put back in peewee football...... even though i loved it, it cost miami the national championship in 2002. or maybe the review process was put in because of that game. i can't remember. anyway, college football fans are not stupid asses and we need to let the fuggers know it.