PDA

View Full Version : Upset? Here's Why I Am

tru2ou
9/18/2006, 01:54 PM
There are several reasons I'm upset about the outcome. I can accept blown calls and screwed up officiating. I dont understand it, but I can accept it.

The real reason I'm upset is this has ruined any chance of our players winning a national championship. I'm not saying OU was good enough. Lord knows the defense hasnt had a championship performance for all season. But, if you're in a BCS confrence, as long as you dont lose, you have a chance. I dont think anyone in the country thought the 2000 team was championship material after 2-3 games but they just kept winning.

This is my biggest problem with college football. If there was some way to play your way back into a playoff and prove yourself, I think fewer people would be upset. You could simply say if we win the rest, we'll get in a playoff and take our chances. Now the #1 goal of this team is gone and that's sad. It's sad for the seniors and it's sad for AD.

Thanks to an officials call, Oregon moves up in the polls and OU drops. Oregon continues to have the opportunity to reach their #1 goal and OU does not.

I think this reinforces in my mind the need for a playoff in college football. I think it would make things much easier to accept.

Just my opinion...

- Tru