PDA

View Full Version : Have the refs ever handed us a game??

Miko
9/18/2006, 01:09 PM
I realize that bad calls are like wind, rain and injuries. They just happen. I am unaware, however, of a call as blatant and as bad as Sat.'s call.

But have the refs ever handed one to us??

I remember the 2nd qtr TD in Dallas on a fourth and goal. ('01, '02??) UT jumped offsides and we hit the TE in the endzone. horns claimed they were drawn offsides by movement from the center that was not called. It was a momentum shift, but I don't know that it decided the game.

I recall Hollis getting the benefit of a late starting game clock in Norman against TT a few years back. That did seal the game.

But have we received a nicely giftwrapped football game complete with bow and lovely hallmark card??

Landthief 1972
9/18/2006, 01:10 PM
Not one backed up by a blown call from the video review official, which defeats the whole purpose of having his tired blind butt up in the booth.

King Crimson
9/18/2006, 01:23 PM
that offsides jump in Dallas was 02. Brian Pickryl, too. I think.

justanotherguy
9/18/2006, 01:40 PM
To answer the question, maybe the no-call on Rocky's block in the back on Torrence Marshall's interception return at a&m? That's the worst I can come up with, and it's nothing compared to this!

(by the way, I'm just answering the question... not trying to cause controversy).

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 01:49 PM
2003 A&M?

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 01:53 PM
Come on guys, how are we supposed to maintain a frenzy of self-rightous indignation and victimhood if you keep pointing out that we've benefited from bad calls too?

It's football. **** happens. Imperfect refereeing is as much a part of the game as dropped TD passes and shanked punts

OKLA21FAN
9/18/2006, 01:57 PM
The '100 mph line drive' onside kick that bounced off Okia Lite's Chris Rockens' face mask into the hands of Scott Case. When in fact, Switzer had told the kicking team to 'kick it deep', but no one told Lasher, the one kicking the ball.

(surely there is some rule against that)

nanimonai
9/18/2006, 01:57 PM
We've been on the positive side of some bad calls for sure but there's a difference between a bad call and basically handing over the game......handing it over TWICE in six games.

Take the possible clip in 2000 @Texas A&M for example. You can't say with 100% certainty that we would or wouldn't have scored anyways. There was still a lot of game left to play and anything could have happened.
With this call and the TTech call, it was 100% certain that we would have won the game and in both cases, we should have.

Miko
9/18/2006, 02:10 PM
I agree. The only true gift I remember was the TT basketball game.

I didn't know if there might have been some huge debaucle in the 1930 game with Ok A&M or something that I didn't know about.

Hatfield
9/18/2006, 02:19 PM
2006 UAB

refs blew a fumble as dead on a punt late in the game which they picked up and could have easily walked in for the tying score.

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 02:40 PM
2003 A&M?
You remember - the 77-0 game? Where our players were falling on the ground instead of trying to make touchdowns? Get it?

God you guys succ.

NormanPride
9/18/2006, 02:55 PM
2006 UAB

refs blew a fumble as dead on a punt late in the game which they picked up and could have easily walked in for the tying score.

That still wouldn't have won them the game outright. Didn't we get hosed on a similar call earlier in the game? At the time, I thought it was a make-up call.

tulsaoilerfan
9/18/2006, 06:05 PM
I think we have been hosed more than all other big time college football programs combined

OU Adonis
9/18/2006, 06:40 PM
The 87 Nebraska game when Keith Jackson pushed off and made the catch. It was in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Hotboxing
9/18/2006, 06:41 PM
Guys, I just registered my account, i tried to start a topic but it wouldn't let me. anyway, i have some info regarding the officiating team, such as phone number etc.....let me know if you guys are interested

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:46 PM
Nobody better be interested!! It is still just a game and I would say you are the King of The ****** Bags if you started messing with these guys famillies

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:48 PM
And to be fair, the replay guy, you have to feel sorry for his wife...if he couldn't see that...let's just say the G-Spot...not going to find it. Probably been divorced 6 times!

OUstud
9/18/2006, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Bookout got away with a walk and 3/4 against Aggy...but they're used to choking away victories.

badger
9/18/2006, 07:48 PM
Lest we forget...

"The Big 12 refs tried to rip us off, but we won anyway. Goooooooo Raiiiiiiiiiderrrrrrs!!!"