PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night's Alright For Fighting

Oldnslo
9/18/2006, 12:09 PM
Here's the Big Story:

I went to Vegas for some R & R. My buddy Todd and I were going to be in Vegas from Wednesday to Friday, and then go on to Eugene for the game, and then come back to Vegas for the flight home. (Trying to come home from Eugene was hella.expensive).

Friday afternoon, we confirm all arrangements: hotel, cab from the Eugene airport to the hotel, and the plane tickets. We're golden. It's been a REALLY successful trip at the blackjack tables before we started to give some of it back. We quit, up.

One happy cab ride to the airport later, we get to the front of the line to check in. And that's when it all falls to ****.

<foreshadowing> America West succs</foreshadowing> The airline has, for reasons known only to itself, decided to magically cancel our passage back from Eugene. Of course, they've already sold our seats. Much angry research later, we discover that there are NO available seats on any airline out of Eugene after the game. Oh, we can get to the game. We just can't get back. Our only shot is to go and leave the game in the 3rd quarter. We even checked for Portland, but the result was the same. We'd have to go 1200 miles to leave the game early.

"****ed" doesn't come close.

We confer.

We confer some more.

And then we decide to stay in Vegas.

Sure, the Sooners covered. So did the Golden Hurricane. And the Aggroids. (Why the hell did SUC decide to run out the clock? I only needed another .5 of a point!) But, Saturday was not where I wanted to be.

Anybody want an OU/UO ticket? Suitable for framing? Wait, I'll call Todd. I'll bet I can make a deal for the pair.

That's what I did this weekend. Stewed. :hot:

Viking Kitten
9/18/2006, 12:15 PM
Did you at least get some flight vouchers or something out of them?

TexasLidig8r
9/18/2006, 12:47 PM
Coming back to Dallas from Lost Wages in June... a clusterduck of a return trip saw us back THREE hours late because of America Worst corporate screw jobs.

A nice little nasty gram to America Worst and about two weeks later... 3 travel vouchers at $75 bills apiece.

NormanPride
9/18/2006, 01:19 PM
Lid, you could make a killing if you could legalize customers getting to kick airline reps in the nuts.

BeetDigger
9/18/2006, 01:23 PM
The irony of travel vouchers is that you get them for the airline that screwed you around the first time. So now, you get to pony up just to get butt-reamed again.

"You think you were ****ed the FIRST time you flew us, well just wait till we see that you have used those travel vouchers. We're gonna get you half way to your destination and then royally **** you over." And then when you scream, you get, yes, you guessed it, more travel vouchers.

TexasLidig8r
9/18/2006, 02:18 PM
The irony of travel vouchers is that you get them for the airline that screwed you around the first time. So now, you get to pony up just to get butt-reamed again.

".

Ha.. Mine are transferable.. ebay anyone? :D

BajaOklahoma
9/18/2006, 06:03 PM
I'll take te pair of tickets and frame them.

The official end of respect for game officials.