PDA

View Full Version : Show some tact

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/18/2006, 11:13 AM
Not a request. A demand.

Be angry. Be ticked. Voice your opinion.

But I'm going to require you spend more time thinking about the tone of your posts. If you can't behave like adults here, I'm going to treat you like children.

THINK BEFORE YOU HIT SUBMIT.

That's all.

RacerX
9/18/2006, 11:14 AM
Also, search before you hit submit.

bri
9/18/2006, 11:15 AM
Heh...Dude, that's just crazy talk. :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/18/2006, 11:16 AM

I did.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 11:16 AM
Not a request. A demand.

But I'm going to require you spend more time thinking about the tone of your posts. If you can't behave like adults here, I'm going to treat you like children.

Why do you hate the South Oval? :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/18/2006, 11:17 AM
Heh...Dude, that's just crazy talk. :D

Heh... Phil likes us to give warnings before bannings for folks that haven't been banned before. I figure this pretty much covers everyone.

RacerX
9/18/2006, 11:21 AM
I did.
thpbbt!

tbl
9/18/2006, 11:24 AM
I've been meaning to ask; why does Darth Vader look like he's wearing shoulder pads in your av?

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 11:30 AM
think? WTF???

This place is going to be like a ghost town!

colleyvillesooner
9/18/2006, 11:30 AM

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6434/108803pv1.gif

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 11:40 AM
Think? This is mindless rampage Monday. At least there's no whorn threads on the first page.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 11:44 AM
I've been banned before, so I think I'm safe... right?

bri
9/18/2006, 11:46 AM
Heh... Phil likes us to give warnings before bannings for folks that haven't been banned before. I figure this pretty much covers everyone.

I stand corrected.

Dude...That's just lazy talk.

RacerX
9/18/2006, 11:47 AM

Thanks, I was wanting that.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 11:49 AM
I've been banned before, so I think I'm safe... right?

See, I thought before I posted. I think I should get the 'does what he's told' poster of the day award.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 11:53 AM
Think? This is mindless rampage Monday. At least there's no whorn threads on the first page.

Lost in all of this officiating mess:

White trash longhorn fan at the OKLAHOMA-Oregon game with the giant "Hook 'Em Ducks" sign.

BWHAHahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I never want to see a whorn fan in here saying they aren't obsessed with us!

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 11:54 AM
Define "tone".

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 11:56 AM
tone is the opposite of flabby, I think.

sooneron
9/18/2006, 12:03 PM
http://www.umbusiness.co.uk/uploads/small_tone_knob.jpg

Miko
9/18/2006, 12:06 PM
If you can't behave like adults here, I'm going to treat you like children.

If you don't take that back, I am going to hold my breath until I turn blue!;)

Dio
9/18/2006, 12:08 PM
Lost in all of this officiating mess:

White trash longhorn fan at the OKLAHOMA-Oregon game with the giant "Hook 'Em Ducks" sign.

BWHAHahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I never want to see a whorn fan in here saying they aren't obsessed with us!

And did you notice he was nowhere near any Sooner fans, in fact he had great seats on the top row of the stadium. I guess if that's the best seats your Burger King salary can afford, OK. I hope every duck fan in the place reminded him of the Holiday Bowl a few years ago.

Mjcpr
9/18/2006, 12:19 PM
Heh... Phil likes us to give warnings before bannings for folks that haven't been banned before.

This must be some kind of new rule or something.

:D

boomrsoonr
9/18/2006, 12:30 PM
Admonishment accepted. I won't imply that anyone else is a retard. :(

toast
9/18/2006, 12:48 PM

That's making quite an assumption about some people's cognitive abilities.

GDC
9/18/2006, 12:59 PM
What?

bri
9/18/2006, 01:02 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

GDC
9/18/2006, 01:04 PM
What?

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 01:05 PM

The problem I have is what I am thinking is MUCH WORSE than what I am submiting!!:mad:

bri
9/18/2006, 01:29 PM
This must be some kind of new rule or something.

I got one when I got banned last year. It consisted of a PEEM from Beano saying basically, "Hey, I'm getting ready to ban you." :D

Wait, I forgot, that was that other guy. I've never been baned! ;)

Mjcpr
9/18/2006, 01:31 PM
I got one when I got banned last year. It consisted of a PEEM from Beano saying basically, "Hey, I'm getting ready to ban you." :D

Wait, I forgot, that was that other guy. I've never been baned! ;)

Well, that's more than I got.

bri
9/18/2006, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but I'm a beloved board icon...and you're you. ;)

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but I'm a beloved board icon...and you're you. ;)

I'm sure by "beloved board icon" you meant "really ****ed up dude" - in which case I agree wholeheartedly.:dolemite:

bri
9/18/2006, 02:43 PM
Awwww, you know you love me, Internet Dad. :D

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 04:03 PM
Don't just let this go friends!!! Keep calling, keep emailing, keep writing.. whatever. Let your voice be heard to the right people!! What happened is WRONG! Sometimes i think people have forgotten what that word means anymore. Demand accountability!!

Also, one question. If this would have happened in a SEC game what do you think would be going on right now? Can you say an UPRISING of EPIC proportions!!

bri
9/18/2006, 04:14 PM
Also, one question. If this would have happened in a SEC game what do you think would be going on right now? Can you say an UPRISING of EPIC proportions!!

Um, something like this DID happen in an SEC game...last Saturday.

Way to keep up.

Oldnslo
9/18/2006, 04:28 PM
Yup. Them LSU Tigers are feeling pretty rubbed right now.

:les: HIT REPLAY!

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 05:05 PM

Way to keep up.

Um, i'm pretty sure our situation is a little more outrageous and more obvious than theirs. Hence, the reason for more national coverage of our incident...hello? Although i could be off here. But somehow i think not.

Way to keep up. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 05:07 PM
Don't just let this go friends!!! Keep calling, keep emailing, keep writing.. whatever. Let your voice be heard to the right people!! What happened is WRONG! Sometimes i think people have forgotten what that word means anymore. Demand accountability!!

Oh. So we're supposed to act like Islamo-fundamentalists and burn Norman down (you know, like you dildoes do up in Columbus) every time we win something - or are aggrieved? Meh. We'll leave that behavior for the uncivilized folks up your way.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:09 PM
If it had happened in the SEC, then no one but SEC fans would even know about it. If it had happend to Notre Dame, USC, or Michigan however...

Stitch Face
9/18/2006, 05:15 PM

I wish Beano would hold my hand like Omicron does.

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 05:15 PM
Oh. So we're supposed to act like Islamo-fundamentalists and burn Norman down (you know, like you dildoes do up in Columbus) every time we win something - or are aggrieved? Meh. We'll leave that behavior for the uncivilized folks up your way.

If thats what you took from my post which was tactful i might add; than i feel sorry for you. And speaking of tactful... "like you dildoes do up in Columbus." and your one of our Admin. people? Real tactful? First, off i'm not from Columbus nor do i claim any part of it so let's get that straight. Born and raised.. that whole thing you know. I just happen to work and live in the place thats it. In about one more year i'll be moving back closer to home if that makes any difference to you.

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 05:25 PM
If thats what you took from my post which was tactful i might add; than i feel sorry for you. And speaking of tactful... "like you dildoes do up in Columbus." and your one of our Admin. people? Real tactful? First, off i'm not from Columbus nor do i claim any part of it so let's get that straight. Born and raised.. that whole thing you know. I just happen to work and live in the place thats it. In about one more year i'll be moving back closer to home if that makes any difference to you.

Just cause I'm an admin doesn't mean I'm not a low-brow, cussin', foul-mouthed puke.

And yes, that's what I took from your post. Keep it up!!! Keep what up? Bitching? Gnashing of teeth? Hunting down the refs and castrating them? What?

Dude, the whole world saw what happened. It's not opinion - it's verified fact, backed up by hard video evidence - not to mention 50K+ eye witnesses. The pooch was screwed. In a major league pooch screwing of epic proportions. WE ALL KNOW IT. So why keep wearing it out? It ain't gonna change anything.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:29 PM
Dean, if I can find the refs and castrate them all, would you let me hold an auction on this site to sell their nuts? I'll give you a cut!

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 05:32 PM
Dean, if I can find the refs and castrate them all, would you let me hold an auction on this site to sell their nuts? I'll give you a cut!

Too late, I'm afraid. There ain't a nut to be found amongst those eunichs. If a single one of them had a pair, we'd be 3-0.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, another cash cow idea down the pooper :(

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 05:41 PM
Just cause I'm an admin doesn't mean I'm not a low-brow, cussin', foul-mouthed puke.

And yes, that's what I took from your post. Keep it up!!! Keep what up? Bitching? Gnashing of teeth? Hunting down the refs and castrating them? What?

Dude, the whole world saw what happened. It's not opinion - it's verified fact, backed up by hard video evidence - not to mention 50K+ eye witnesses. The pooch was screwed. In a major league pooch screwing of epic proportions. WE ALL KNOW IT. So why keep wearing it out? It ain't gonna change anything.

Notice i said "the right people" in my orignal post? Meaning conf. heads, the higher ups of the officials and refs etc. etc. And NO its not gonna change anything thats not the point! But is it out of the realm of possibilities that just maybe just maybe if enough people voice their dissappointment to the RIGHT PEOPLE that it will keep it from happening again. Come on guys think big picture shgeez.

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 05:43 PM
Notice i said "the right people" in my orignal post? Meaning conf. heads, the higher ups of the officials and refs etc. etc. And NO its not gonna change anything thats not the point! But is it out of the realm of possibilities that just maybe just maybe if enough people voice their dissappointment to the RIGHT PEOPLE that it will keep it from happening again. Come on guys think big picture shgeez.

You know, I never really pictured the average holey undershort wearing, beer gutted, ****in' hillbilly poster on this board as "big picture" kinda guys.

Who knew?:texan:

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:45 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HAVING HOLEY UNDERSHORTS!?!?!?!?!?!

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 05:49 PM
You know, I never really pictured the average holey undershort wearing, beer gutted, ****in' hillbilly poster on this board as "big picture" kinda guys.

Oh come on gives us more credit than that! hahaha Just cause your average doesn't mean you can't critically think. :D Well..... on second thought...:D

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 05:52 PM
Oh come on gives us more credit than that! hahaha Just cause your average doesn't mean you can't critically think. :D Well..... on second thought...:D

Uh huh, if the faded gray holey drawers fit, put em' on.......

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:55 PM
I do daily, and I dont see what the BIG DEAL IS ABOUT IT! :mad:

Having holey drawers just shows I am a religious person!

BoogercountySooner
9/18/2006, 06:14 PM
I say we wait til duck season and all buy a shotgun and the proper license and shoot the hell out of all those mother****in ducks we can. That'll show em!:D

MiccoMacey
9/18/2006, 06:49 PM
It is really an embarrassment to see and hear Sooners cry like this.

We lost. Get over it.

Every time you whine an angel loses their wings.

boomrsoonr
9/18/2006, 07:59 PM
I do daily, and I dont see what the BIG DEAL IS ABOUT IT! :mad:

Having holey drawers just shows I am a religious person!

Plus, the farts can escape easier. And no skid marks.

boomrsoonr
9/18/2006, 08:00 PM
I say we wait til duck season and all buy a shotgun and the proper license and shoot the hell out of all those mother****in ducks we can. That'll show em!:D

Damn! You mean I wasn't supposed to do that until after this game?

bri
9/18/2006, 08:07 PM
http://mikezornek.com/blog/images/duckhunt.jpg

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 08:41 PM

Damn and i thot you liked me a little bit ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

BoogercountySooner
9/18/2006, 08:46 PM
Damn! You mean I wasn't supposed to do that until after this game?

I think we might get some Sooners that are card carrying PETA members to do a little duck hunting after this last weekend!:D

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 08:49 PM
Uh huh, if the faded gray holey drawers fit, put em' on.......
Now you say GREY :eek: Im really ****ed ! :(

KingDavid
9/18/2006, 09:59 PM

Way to keep up.

With all due respect, bri - but I really don't think that call should be mentioned in the same breath with what happened in Autzen. Especially on a Sooner board.

I'm not interested in picking a fight. I'm just too f'n sad.

KingDavid
9/18/2006, 10:01 PM
http://mikezornek.com/blog/images/duckhunt.jpg

Now this . . . this did my heart some real good. Like a balm to my wounds!

KingDavid
9/18/2006, 10:18 PM
Not a request. A demand.

That's all.

Aside from the fact that I've been sleeping in a puddle of my own crap, vomit, and urine ever since I started drinking Saturday after the game, I'd say I've been handling this with a lot of maturity.

I mean - it's true that I need to be bathed in hot water until I'm pink and perky, and then dusted with fresh talcum powder. But I'm no damn child, I tell you!!

I resent this patronizing nonsense and I demand to be shown a little respect around here!;)

StoopTroup
9/18/2006, 10:40 PM
Just keep posting...

Your gonna get something...lol