PDA

View Full Version : just when i thought

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2006, 10:45 AM
my company couldnt possibly get more stupid than before

today they tell us we can no longer use the back door....they're afraid somebody will fall walking down the ramp

so now, if you park in the back, you have to walk around to the front, and go up the ramp to that door

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 10:46 AM
Can you use it if there's a fire?

Fugue
9/18/2006, 10:47 AM

today they tell us we can no longer use the back door....they're afraid somebody will fall walking down the ramp

so now, if you park in the back, you have to walk around to the front, and go up the ramp to that door

*snicker*

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2006, 10:48 AM
oh yeah, the other thing, i have to tell my employees that they can no longer "make up time"

for instance, if employee A has to miss 2 hours today for a doctors appointment, they cant work 2 hours longer the next day, or 1 each the next 2 days....we're just supposed to "pay them"

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 10:48 AM
Jr. High humor. I like it.

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 10:51 AM
oh yeah, the other thing, i have to tell my employees that they can no longer "make up time"

for instance, if employee A has to miss 2 hours today for a doctors appointment, they cant work 2 hours longer the next day, or 1 each the next 2 days....we're just supposed to "pay them"
That will work out good for you when you have a Dr. appt.

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2006, 10:53 AM

Heh. Welcome to working in the insurance industry...that's loss control right there. :D

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2006, 10:54 AM

Believe it or not, that crap is state labor law here. If you work more than 8 hours a day, it's OT unless there's a state-approved 4/10 agreement in place or you work in a designated industry.

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 10:56 AM
I don't understand why you would complain about a company policy that forgives a few hours of missed time.

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2006, 10:58 AM
I don't understand why you would complain about a company policy that forgives a few hours of missed time.

I think because it doesn't allow supervisors flexibility in scheduling. Like, say, someone has to miss lunch because Suzie is at the doctor's, so Suzie works through lunch the next day and covers for the person who missed the day before.

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 11:03 AM
I didn't think that was where he was going, but I'll let Jon answer that.

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2006, 11:05 AM
i supervise 15 people, they're a mix of single parents, routinely sick people and "appointment" havers

personally, all i really care about is whether they make their 80 hours each week, i can look at their time sheet at the end of the week and see where they are.....this new rule is just more of a headache for me to keep track of all those little appointments here and there.......and easier for HR to manage

i'm salaried so i can come and go as i please - for the most part

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 11:08 AM
I hope you meant every 2 weeks.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 11:08 AM
personally, all i really care about is whether they make their 80 hours each week

:eek:

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2006, 11:13 AM
I work in an environment where I have to account for 80 hours every two weeks. Whether it be time worked, sick leave, annual leave, comp time, or some other leave type. It is my responsibility to record the time, and make it come out to 80. I don't see why you couldn't do the same.

BeetDigger
9/18/2006, 11:19 AM
Ramps out back, ramps out front. What is that place, an insurance company disguised as a warehouse?

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2006, 11:34 AM
I hope you meant every 2 weeks.

yes, every 2 weeks

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2006, 11:36 AM
Ramps out back, ramps out front. What is that place, an insurance company disguised as a warehouse?

yes

Sooner_Bob
9/18/2006, 12:35 PM
*snicker*

:D