PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Let's Not Take The High Road" Thread.

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 10:17 AM
In the famous words of Johnny Ringo of Tombstone fame, I want to see somebody spittin' blood over this matter.

Other than that I am very understanding of the fact that everybody makes mistakes.

GDC
9/18/2006, 10:36 AM
I'm with you on the low road. Eff em all.:mad:

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 10:41 AM
The high road? What is that???

This needs to be a big issue so that corrective action is taken and hopefully it doesn't happen to someone else.

Clearly, the Pac 10 needs to review their policy of only allowing Pac 10 officials call nonconference games, and that Gordon Reise should be fired.

opksooner
9/18/2006, 10:51 AM
That's all I got.

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 11:49 AM
What constitutes "officiating malpractice" and is it a sueable offense? :texan:

Maybe Lid can convince Boren and Castiglione they have a good case against the PAC 10 officials office, especially if the can show a strong pattern of behavior of allowing poor officiating to go unpunished in that league. Maybe even then the Big 12 officiating office would sit up and take notice.

Of course I'm kidding....sort of.

OklahomaRed
9/18/2006, 12:35 PM
Gordon should do jail time, after all, he did steal millions of dollars from the Big XII and Sooner Football with that call.

Williesan
9/18/2006, 12:49 PM
I'm with you on the low road. Eff em all.:mad:

Guys - let's take the high road here. Whomever made (or failed to make)the call on Saturday is already on the low road.

We'll just start pushing boulders over the edge from the high road. ;)

Williesan.

GDC
9/18/2006, 01:32 PM
What constitutes "officiating malpractice" and is it a sueable offense? :texan:

Maybe Lid can convince Boren and Castiglione they have a good case against the PAC 10 officials office, especially if the can show a strong pattern of behavior of allowing poor officiating to go unpunished in that league. Maybe even then the Big 12 officiating office would sit up and take notice.

Of course I'm kidding....sort of.

I asked that in another thread and it got locked.

Miko
9/18/2006, 01:54 PM
I liked Boren's response as reported in The Oklahoman today. I hope the university and the conference push hard and I hope they prevail in getting all of their requests met.

I do not consider these actions to be "taking the low road".

However, I feel it would not hurt to have some additional demands that can be used as "throw aways" to get the others met.

I suggest that Boren fire off another letter adding these demands:

The assets of the officiating crew be frozen unter the RICO act.
The replay official be detained for an unspecified period of time in Gitmo.
Oregon will pay The University of Oklahoma all of its bowl appearance money for the next ten years as compensation.
Oregon University will face probation in which it will be forced to wear monochrome gray uniforms for the next decade.
Oregon University will be forced by the NCAA to wear KSwiss shoes and apparell in all sports for the next decade.
All PAC-10 teams will wear "We Suck" decals prominently displaid on their football helmets for the remainder of the season.
Oregon will be forced to kick after any score by either team in the final three minutes of any football game for the next two years.
All PAC-10 teams will be forced to kick after any score by either team in the final three minutes of any non-conference football game for the next two years.
The endzones of all PAC-10 stadiums will be painted with a large apology to the University of Oklahoma for the remainder of the season, Oregon's in perpetuity.