PDA

View Full Version : Non-replay official, post-Oregon rant (Negspek away, posers)

Tear Down This Wall
9/18/2006, 10:05 AM
I'd like to dedicate this thread to the knotheads who blame our loss on the replay officials. In reality, if we had an offensive line worth a squirt of p*iss, we would not have been worrying about Oregon recovering an onside kick.

Twice in the game, we were inside the five yard line and had to settle for field goals. Poor blocking and penalties by our crappy offensive line kept us out of the end zone twice.

People, with Adrian Peterson in the backfield, we should get a touchdown on at least one of those two possessions. One TD traded for a FG would have given us four more points and a 37-20 lead with three minues left instead of 33-20.

More non-replay official rant...

(1) If the aforementioned offensive line could block, Hartley's has a better shot at giving us the win. I've never seen crappier FG blocking than we have now.

(2) The TD to be p*issed off about wasn't the game-winner, it was the one that made the score 33-27. At 33-20, the defense should be able to hold the Ducks and force a punt so we run our the clock at 33-20. If Stoops isn't reminding his defense of that, he should be fired.

(3) Are you kidding me with the 33-27 TD? We don't have anyone - a linebacker, even, with all of our supposed stud linebackers - who can run down a QB who's having to zig and zag about 25 yards to the end zone? Pathetic.

(4) The posers can negspek away, but we lost this one after Oregon tried to give it to us with four turnovers and a 13 point lead with three minutes left!

(5) I'm still openly p*issed off that Stoops allows Schmidt to run off players becuase they tick him off. In my eyes, Stoops is allowing his and Schmidt's egos to hurt the depth of the team. Because of weight room, 'roid rage b.s., we've got guys who should be playing tackle (Duke Robinson) playing guard and guys who should be on the field at all (Chris Messner) at tackle.

(6) After years in the program, we've got offensive linemen who can't block and defensive players all over the place who can't tackle. None of which is some replay officials fault.

Many of you need to get off the "blame the official"/denial kick and look at what this was - a chance for a blow out handed to us that we gave back becuase our offensive line can't block and our tackling - eight years into Stoops' tenure - is more than suspect.

(7) Finally, for you morons who still want to ignore that shortcoming of our own team that could have put us way in the lead before the onside kick deal, go call Joe Castiglione and rant. Many schools won't do contracts unless they can bring their own conference's officials or have a mixed crew. They used to have officials from a completely separate conference officiate game between oppnents of difference conferences.

But, these are details that get hammered out during the contract phase of the whole deal. If we ever have another game away game where the opposing team's conference officials are on the field, you should bitch about Joe Castiglione's contract negotiating, not the poor officiating.

Done. Negspek away, ye Don Quixote's of Soonerfans.com.

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 10:22 AM
I won't comment other than to say the more I read your posts the more I want to distance myself from being a conservative. Conservatives are supposed to pride themselves for common sense. You sir have none.

Fact A: OU did what they needed to win the game.
Fact B: Without the extraordinary help from the home refs you wouldn't even have mentioned your ludicrous opinion.

C&CDean
9/18/2006, 10:24 AM
This thread serves no useful purpose.