PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Riese--Replay Official

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:14 AM
Let's find out where he lives and send him fruitcake for Christmas!
On second thought, this loser probably likes fruitcake.

He was a Pac-10 official for 28 years before retiring. He is a graduate of Portland State University.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 09:15 AM
This has been deleted once. Nice knowing you jd.

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:16 AM
What?? I'm going to get banned for sharing information from my beloved DO?

GDC
9/18/2006, 09:20 AM
Just go to the white pages, he's in there.

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 09:22 AM
If his name is published in an article that's fine. Let's not post his personal information here though, OK?

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:27 AM
All this info is in the Daily Disappointment and I quote from George Schroeder:

"Gordon Riese, the replay official responsible for reviewing two controversial calls in Oregon's 34-33 win over Oklahoma is a resident of Portland, Ore. The Portland State University graduate was a Pac-10 football official for 28 years before retiring."

From Berry Tramel: "Our man George Schroeder talked to Riese on Sunday, but Riese clammed up and said he needed conference permission to talk. The Pac-10 declined to grant it."

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:32 AM
Furthermore:
"Riese, the replay official, was asked to review which player touched the ball first, and where he touched it. By rule, Riese was not allowed to review which team emerged with possession."

"Indeed, unaware Patrick had the football, officials awarded possession to Oregon, then concentrated on a replay review of of who touched the ball first, and when and where."

Why didn't they review possession as well? How could they award possession to someone who didn't have the ball?

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 09:33 AM
jdsooner, I wasn't saying you posted anything bad. I'm just trying to stop the upcoming "Here is his address and cell phone number" that is soon to come. Because it will come. I know you guys.

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:36 AM
Norm, you know we would NEVER think of doing something like that!;)

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 09:36 AM
I'm thinking ol' Gordo won't have to purchase any Nike gear in his future.... Hell, knight may have already promoted him to senior assistant to the traveling secretary.

Sorta like the insurance salesman in Lubbock - who is probably sitting on a beach in Tahiti right now...

boomersooner28
9/18/2006, 09:39 AM
Where do I apply for the OU replay official job?

(apparently, you don't have to have a clue what you are doing)

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:43 AM
Gordon worked with the following institution to get his replay job:

Oregon School for the Blind
Donald A. Ouimet, Director
Address: 700 Church St. SE, Salem 97301-3795
Phone: 503-378-3820
Fax: 503-373-7537

The Oregon School for the Blind (OSB) provides intensive educational services for students who are visually impaired. OSB’s mission includes a continuum of support to district and regional vision programs and to children and their parents.:eek:

stoopified
9/18/2006, 09:46 AM
I have only one question.Has the special action group been dispatched to Portland yet?Don't forget Super-glue on the fingertips eliminates the need for gloves.:D

Sooner in Tampa
9/18/2006, 09:47 AM
The Animal called his house this morning...and suprise...his voice mail picked up.

boomersooner28
9/18/2006, 09:49 AM
After Googling Mr. Riese, seems he has been at the forefront of A LOT of controversy over the years. Apparently, he and his crew were known for making bad calls.

And the dude still gets work? Outstanding.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 09:51 AM
Maestro said that the Animal called his house this morning and left at montage of Mr. Magoo soundbites!!!!

Ahahahahahaha

Dood better change that number quick!

Note to Gordon: make the right call and nobody know's who the hell you are!

Crimson Blonde
9/18/2006, 09:51 AM
A quick Google shows this guy was also involved in the Stanford / Cal game of 1982........... Heck of a track record! :P

sooneron
9/18/2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah, official's info is made public. That's part of the deal. Maybe not phone numbers, but it's not hard in this day and age to find that info out.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 09:55 AM
Apparently, Gordon got demoted to the replay booth after blowing several big calls in the 2004 USC-UCLA game. He's got a really bad reputation from the Pac-10, which is saying something!!!

I also saw on another board that is bad calls in a 2002 WA-WSU game started a riot.

Thanks Pac-10, for getting this guy in the replay booth on the biggest game your conference played that day!

GDC
9/18/2006, 10:02 AM
I called it, no answer. I just want to know if he was paid off, is that incompetent/blind, or was afraid for his life to make a call against Oregon. Something was clearly up.

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 10:04 AM
jdsooner, I wasn't saying you posted anything bad. I'm just trying to stop the upcoming "Here is his address and cell phone number" that is soon to come. Because it will come. I know you guys.

Well then. I've got the rope. You find the tree. I'd like to see the little bastage twist in the wind for a while. :mad:

sooneron
9/18/2006, 10:06 AM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cfootball/148785_acup18.html

stoopified
9/18/2006, 10:18 AM
No answer at home eh?Maybe the speicial action group has finished their business and are on the way home.

sooneron
9/18/2006, 10:27 AM
This may explain a LOT!

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=uwnotes03&date=20041003

Referee out of game

There were only six officials on the field for the final three quarters after referee Gordon Riese left the game late in the first quarter.

Riese was injured when he was accidentally hit in the face by a ball thrown by Washington receiver Anthony Russo. Riese suffered a slight concussion and spent the rest of the game being monitored by doctors in Stanford's locker room.

Riese's injury was news to Russo, who said he didn't realize until after the game what had happened.

"I had no idea," Russo said. "I just tossed him the ball and I had no idea he was hurt until they told me after the game."

GDC
9/18/2006, 10:29 AM
I'm sending his sorry *** a postcard.:mad:

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 12:12 PM
I called it, no answer. I just want to know if he was paid off, is that incompetent/blind, or was afraid for his life to make a call against Oregon. Something was clearly up.

There is no way any human being could look at that tape and not see the UO player touch it inside the 45. Therefore he was either making a homer call to let UO when or he was paid off. The incompetent / blind issue should be off the table 100% - there is just no way that was the cause.

OKLA21FAN
9/18/2006, 12:32 PM
why is it when I read this thread title, shades of the SNL skits of 'Fred Garvin.....male prostitute'..... come to mind

"im Gordon Riese........<turning to face 'camera two'> Replay Official"

Dio
9/18/2006, 12:39 PM
anywho.com is your friend

GDC
9/18/2006, 01:27 PM
I called again, first it was busy and then no answer again.