PDA

View Full Version : First two goals of every Sooner team...

CtheB
9/18/2006, 09:00 AM
1.) Win the South.
2.) Win the Big 12.

And with a little luck.

3.) Win a National Title.

They're still there in front of us. Saturday's loss has caused us to question everything, including the commitment of the head coach. Let's get serious.

We've got to collect ourselves, take what's happened and use it to move forward. If we stay in September, we'll get beat in October and November. The schedule gets tougher after this week, and I think we have a chance to win out, if we can focus and if we can figure things out defensively. We've had good to great defenses that have given up 500 yds to an opponent and recovered quite nicely to become a stopper.

Bob's here, he's still our coach, and a great coach at that. We should be thankful to have him, like he should be thankful to have Oklahoma. Same for all the players and coaches that currently make up the Oklahoma football program.

So, we should take our time to express our anger, but come Wednesday, it's full on for MTSU. Let's not make crazy comments about the dedication and commitment of those who occupy the program. Let's get up, dust off, and go get that South division title!

wishbonesooner
9/18/2006, 09:55 AM
Once I get over feeling cheated, I'll start with the emotion I was feeling with about 5 mins. left in the game. I thought the Sooners had turned a corner. We could have gotten blown out after the start Oregon had, but the kids got back in the game, and we looked like a team that can make some noise. With all the problems we've had, this team will have to be reckoned with down the road. Paul Thompson has answered a lot of questions.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 09:59 AM
CtheB, didn't you get the memo? The season's over now.

mikeelikee
9/18/2006, 10:07 AM
First goal of every Stoops-coached defense: Stop the run, and make the other team one-dimensional. Oh well, the best-laid plans........