PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICAL "I FEEL BAD FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD"

Blues1
9/18/2006, 08:20 AM
After 54 years of Following the Sooners yes I'm mad as hell about Saturday's game,but this is NOT about how we got screwed - It's about the sad state of affairs in College football....Which is also a reflection on our society....

We have a whole generation that thinks being a gangster is cool....

I grew up on the South Side of Chicago - Playing Football in Junior high and High School saved my A$$ from gangs.... A lot of my friends from that time are dead from violence or died in prison or are still there....

We I see young people wearing a teams colors (Pro or College) and then get involed in illegal gang Crime & Violence I know our Sports HERO worship is way out of wack....I coud go on for hours - but I will save you my soap box rantings....Saturday September 9th 2006 was a SAD day for College Football....

Hopefully you younger guys can someday get this on the right track....
But I think my generation let you down......JMHO....!!!

Keep Rockin'

AKASooner
9/18/2006, 08:34 AM
I have definately lost a little love of the sport.

imasoonergirl
9/18/2006, 08:49 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9287/cheatedwg1.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheatedwg1.jpg)

Taxman71
9/18/2006, 09:13 AM
College football is somewhere between the XFL and WWE right now. The integrity of the game is in question right now due to the mystery-men in the replay booths making allegedly-objective decisions that 99.9% of the world can see is wrong. The referees might as well be betting on the games they call.

fadada1
9/18/2006, 09:15 AM
we are becoming a society of "lack of accountability" for one's actions - i firmly believe this. we are so tied up in being politically correct, that we forget to get the job done correctly - which means hurting people's feelings. i fear that nothing will get done by the NCAA or to these officials. i hope somebody steps up and does/says something. until then, i despise what the NCAA stands for.