PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I am Furious at the Refs" Thread

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 07:00 AM
Vent Away!!

MarylandSooner
9/18/2006, 07:32 AM
These are the facts that we know from the game:

1. Oregan tries an on-side kick, there player touches the ball before it goes ten yards - play reviewed and not overturn even though they obviously touched it before the ten yards.

2. Oregan is awarded the ball and they did not recover it - Allen Patrick recovered it.

3. Pass interference is called on OU which I did not see as being interference in the first place, but low and behold that was the call. Oh wait the ball was obviously tipped at the line of scrimage by CJ - play reviewed and not overturn even though it is obvious that CJ touched the ball.

Conclusion: we took where the sun don't shine.

I feel better but not good.

msteudem
9/18/2006, 08:49 AM
Quote from Stoops sums it up best on the 2 bad calls.

"I see my guy stepping up inside of 10 yards to go up and gain reception, gain possession of the football, I see their guy go in front of him and hit the football before my guy is allowed to at 10 yards and I see him collide with my guy inside of 10 yards as well," Stoops said.

"That's illegal touching and interfering with the reception. And then I see my guy get up with the football that's laying on the ground."

Two plays later, defensive end C.J. Ah You tipped Dixon's pass

Also according to the Oregonian, Dixon told Belotti that his pass was tipped at the line.

TJKDone
9/18/2006, 08:54 AM
They were both terrible and embarrasing calls. I don't know which one was worse, but I actually believe that the tipped pass may have been the bigger one. They seemed to get a surge of momentum after the pass interference penalty.

You guys were better than that team.

Hook'em

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 09:02 AM
I'm venting a lot today. Must have been those tacos last night.

WWOC2003
9/18/2006, 09:08 AM
I'm an LSU fan and rarely post here, but I feel the need to jump in on this one.

This is the list of calls that went against us against Auburn:

1) RB catches the ball, fumbles out of bounds, play overturned.
2, 3, 4, 5) FOUR TIMES we were hit out of bounds with no penalty called.
6) PI on WR at the end of the half in the end zone...NO CALL
7) "Holding" on OL after a 25 yard play. No hold, and Dyakowski could not hold because his damn hands were taped up because of a broken bone in his hand.!
8) PI called on an interception
9) AU PI call overturned.

Having said that, none of those compare to the idiocy of the onside kick call against you.

I'm thinking they should rename Auburn's stadium and Oregon''s stadium Bunny Ranch East and West because of all the screwing that goes on there.

I hope your guys recover and have a great season. I know we will.

Herr Scholz
9/18/2006, 09:29 AM
Both LSU and OU got hosed this weekend.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 09:31 AM
LSU losing and the Saints winning are the only things that made this weekend bearable. God bless those refs.

RiddlerOK
9/18/2006, 09:38 AM
You know, during all of this talk, when was the last time an opponent really got hosed over by a blown referee's call in a game with Oklahoma?

Just trying to clear the cobwebs and come up with an example. Please share one if you have it.

fadada1
9/18/2006, 10:03 AM
nkvrwnoqhvp9t8rjfc8u911yB Gy78 bg6few7o8q bvth879n4h h4o8n123cfhyu8oqhnfuyhyogdypGHFYUIWEOF;FhjdnchfpNC UIH!!!!11!!!!!!